立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 122|回复: 0

[理工类英语] 2011职称英语理工B级:补全短文练习(1)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-16 00:07:50 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
 阅读下面的短文,文章中有5处空白,文章后面有6组文字,请根据文章的内容选择5组文字,将其分别放回文章原有位置,以恢复文章原貌。 0 s% [3 |% G" X1 V
Every Dog Has His Say
$ F* _- E- p, p) B: P" {# F  KIMIKO Fukuda always wondered what her dog was trying to say. Whenever she put on makeup, it would pull at her sleeve.     (1) When the dog barks, she glances at a small electronic gadget. The following "human" translation appears on its screen: "Please take me with you." "I realized that's how he was feeling," says Fukuda. 7 P- i. h. o6 N; C* ~# N+ u0 x
  The gadget is called Bowlingual, and it translates dog barks into feelings. People laughed when the Japanese toymaker Takara Company made the world's first dog-human translation machine in 2002. But 300,000 Japanese dog owners bought it.     (2) ; @; I- J- F) l0 }( e4 l
  "Nobody else had thought about it," said Masahiko Kajita, who works for Takara, "We spend so much time training dogs to understand our orders; what would it be like if we could understand dogs?" 9 f' y  g5 L, @  O
  Bowlingual has two parts.     (3) The translation is done in the gadget using a database containing every kind of bark.
3 V* k' v' V$ W0 O0 a; V  c: ^+ i  Based on animal behaviour research, these noises are divided into six categories: happiness, sadness, frustration, anger, declaration and desire.     (4) In this way, the database scientifically matches a bark to an emotion, which is then translated into one of 200 phrases. . `4 m; F* O6 s# g; K
  When a visitor went to Fukuda's house recently, the dog barked a loud "bow wow"     (5). It was followed by "I'm stronger than you" as the dog growled and sniffed at the visitor.
3 S- Y5 e$ P# ^" z: ?  The product will be available in US pet stores this summer for about US$120. It can store up to 100 barks, even recording the dog's emotions when the owner is away. 6 h7 p$ J1 c8 o( \
  A A wireless microphone is attached to the dog's collar, which sends information to the gadget held by the owner. 6 }7 g' y% \" o
  B Nobody really knows how a dog feels. + e8 V# N' B1 J, p. `' Y
  C This translated as "Don't come this way".
/ c) A3 Y7 P, v+ Z+ q$ I: I1 U" s  D More customers are expected when the English version is launched this summer. 1 M& e0 q6 V! ?0 V
  E Now, the Japanese girl thinks she knows.
- x$ N4 H4 [6 `0 |6 S; y2 L  F Each one of these emotions is then linked to a phrase like "Let's play," "Look at me," or "Spend more time with me."
2 j# v  V/ p, f  r4 e# d  【参考答案】1. E 2. D 3. A 4. F 5. C
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 13:10 , Processed in 0.157552 second(s), 21 queries .