只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 123|回复: 0

[理工类英语] 2011职称英语理工B级:补全短文练习(5)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-16 00:07:50 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  补全短文题
: y9 e6 H! w$ N3 v5 PFemale Bullfighting   M) X* a- H" C, t# h
  It was a unique, eye-catching sight: an attractive woman in a shiny bullfighter's suit sword in hand, facing the sharp horns of a black, 500-kilogram beast.4 R- e( U/ t: S$ i- Y6 _
  Most people thought the days of female bullfighting were over in Spain      (1)& P) V; s6 [# ?6 U: T8 {, {5 h
  The first woman fighter, Cristina Sanchez, quit in 1999 because of male discrimination (歧视). But Vega is determined to break into what could be Spain's most resistant male field.      (2)2 {$ I" T  ~% t& F' b
  Spanish women have conquered almost all male professions.      (3) "The bull does not ask for your identity card," she said in an interview a few years ago. She insisted that she be judged for her skills rather than her femaleness.
( ~3 ^2 b2 i! S; `3 I; T# a  Vega became a matador (斗牛士) in 1997 in the southwestern city of Caceres.      (4) She entered a bullfighting school in Malaga at age nine and performed her first major bullfight at age 14. She has faced as much opposition as Sanchez did. And the "difficulties have made her grow into a very strong bullfighter," her brother Jorge says.
' @8 h) w& q9 g. B$ e; A% ^  The 1.68-metre tall and somewhat shy Vega says her love of bullfighting does not make her any less of a woman.       (5)3 h) g# |6 D2 Q/ ~7 i
  A She intends to become even better than Sanchez was.1 Z$ D7 Y& C' o3 X5 [" X6 P( ~
  B Her father was an aspiring (有雄心壮志的) bullfighter., ?4 \6 P( N4 a, d$ V0 X6 y
  C But many bullfighting professionals continue to insist that women do not have what it takes to perform the country's "national show".5 w/ G  K0 E7 G! A" `
  D "I'm a woman from head to toe and proud of it," she once said.. X' B2 W% Q3 y; A2 l/ B/ Q
  E She looks like a male bullfighter.
" f' V9 z3 r) @0 [  F But recently, 29-year-old Mad Paz Vega became the second woman in Spanish history to fight against those heavy animals.
: v6 t# B3 l$ f- x. X3 K: g- v  【参考答案】1. F  2. A  3. C  4. B  5. D
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-8 11:22 , Processed in 0.511359 second(s), 21 queries .