QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 124|回复: 0

[理工类英语] 2011年职称英语理工类完填空练习:ABiologicalClock

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-16 00:07:50 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
A Biological Clock
* d& \$ d, T' F% yEvery living thing has what scientists call a biological clock that controls behavior. The biological clock tells _____1___ when to form flowers and when the flowers should open1. It tells _____2____ when to leave the protective cocoon茧 and fly away, and it tells animals and human beings when to eat, sleep and wake.
% H; S6 [" i4 v2 ?6 V/ |0 AEvents outside the plant and animal _____3_____ the actions of some biological clocks. Scientists recently found, for example, that a tiny animal changes the color of its fur ____4_____ the number of hours of daylight. In the short ____5___ of winter, its fur becomes white. The fur becomes gray brown in color in the longer hours of daylight summer.
- `3 I1 C6 H# K7 ]" u  NInner signals control other biological clocks. German scientists found that some kind of internal clock seems to order birds to begin their long migration _____6____ twice each year. Birds _____7_____ flying become restless when it is time for the trip, ____8___ they become calm again when the time of the flight has ended.
, ^% w! @$ C3 j) K6 |% vScientists say they are beginning to learn which ____9____ of the brain contain biological clocks. An American researcher, Martin Moorhead, said a small group of cells near the front of the brain ____10____ to control the timing of some of our actions. These ____11____ tell a person when to _____12_____, when to sleep and when to seek food. Scientists say there probably are other biological clock cells that control other body activities.
/ T7 `: J' K- A! WDr. Moorhead is studying _____13____ our biological clocks affect the way we do our work2. For example, most of us have great difficulty if we must often change to different work hours. _____14____ can take3 many days for a human body to accept the major change in work hours. Dr. Moorhead said industrial officials should have a better understanding of biological clocks and how they affect workers. He said ____15____ understanding could cut sickness and accidents at work and would help increase a factory’s production.9 d, A  d2 t. U1 M
词汇:1 A/ d' C* F: F( [8 Z
biological adj. 生物(学)的 migration n.迁徙
6 |( k" ~7 \7 Ainsect n.昆虫 restless adj.焦躁不安的
* v" Z6 i' C% a& acocoon n.防护卵袋,茧 contain v.含有
. |8 s" E0 s9 Y3 N# _fur n.软毛 cell n. 细胞
2 F4 a! u& R- m* [4 H# A  R注释:+ _1 X/ q( W, x5 B& q- Q
1、 句中谓语动词tells 的宾语有两部分组成。 第一部分是when to form flowers, 是带疑问浮词的动词不定式,第二部分是when the flowers should open, 是名词从句。从修辞上说,两者有些不平衡。) x4 e0 c: t! J/ E1 ~5 |  m, N
2、 …the way we do our work 可以理解为the way in which we do our work 或the way that we do our work. 实际上,三种说法都成立。如:He speaks English the way the English people do. I don’t understand the way in which he dealt with the matter." v9 H2 r4 _0 N3 j8 E! `
3、 take 作“花费,花去”解时可用于几种不同的句型:
' I# I5 x6 ~) IIt will take me five days to complete the work.7 L* A; `' k3 J6 I* g4 P9 R+ n
The work will take me five days to complete.
0 a: j! T, u, FTo complete this work will take me five days.1 j( F" g% ]" x3 [0 D& m
练习8 `( a1 c3 e8 V% H. B% a
1. A) scientists B) humans C) plants D) animals
, r% A) w  A" Y5 Q) Q& `4 B2 r2. A) insects B) birds C) fish D) snakes
: ]+ J2 a# {( N0 S3. A) effect , 达到 B) affect 影响 C) effected D) affected
" A' b9 f: h) Z- z4. A) because B) for the reason that C) because of D) since% ^6 S4 G# a* N& |
5. A) months B) days C) minutes D) weeks9 o. A/ O: ^/ X( r4 i+ B
6. A) flight B) fly C) movement D) transportation
/ a( b& I3 X! H: d7. A) prevented from阻止, 妨碍 B) ordered by C) helped by D) intruded on
- j# {4 ~, I* l: n  j9 ?, O/ l* M8. A) and B) but C) therefore D) however* \1 q! v  g) {8 B- \- n
9. A) portions B) parts C) sections D) kinds, z: }0 \& x% r  \, {/ I% s
10. A) try B) tries C) seem D) seems; t$ ~9 A6 H9 ?
11. A) things B) parts C) cells D) actions; {" u0 T6 D' L, D( j9 o) S: @; W
12. A) awaken B) wake C) awakening D) wake-up
0 u1 f3 _$ Q. A' x& ?+ _, U13. A) how B) why C) where D) what* }" E2 X% I% ]/ i  _
14. A) We B) It C) They D) You, u! k) q3 o$ N9 b% N
15. A) so B) with C) such D) if
, o& P( _% {" r! z% Q答案 CABCB AABBD CAABC
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-2 12:28 , Processed in 0.335057 second(s), 21 queries .