立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 86|回复: 0

[理工类英语] 2012职称英语考试理工类B级词汇练习题13

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-16 00:07:50 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
1.With immense relief,I stopped running.
% I6 ~9 M% |' c' g" l, W6 x' n  A)much  5 k7 T& \9 {+ h. ]
  B)enormous  8 M- I3 Q; o% k2 M  W5 v. O2 N
  C)little  3 j  i: G. n! ]1 e! h
  D)extensive
% O+ d1 q, l9 J1 G( x6 F2.The scientists began to accumulate a huge mass of data.
( z* _) B! H( h, c& R8 U- q/ \, D  A)build up  
6 [( X) z2 D  s/ ^' H  B)put up  
# E) M! d: y. j  w2 J  C)make up  
: I! |7 |2 ]$ `! {( t: n$ r  D)clear up
, ]( ~$ g+ X. `2 y" P7 x3.When Jack eventually overtook the last truck he pulled over to the inside lane.
1 w( X: G" i6 c8 J: @# i' h  A)skipped  $ C' q8 r, G6 ~5 G& f/ b/ ]
  B)passed  - i! f; O, c+ d+ y9 q
  C)reached  
4 n1 W- W- a1 {+ |9 m+ o5 C7 q4.Because of the popularity of the region.it is advisable to book hotels in advance. 9 s7 c2 i- s" L; Z" D7 p. |( @
  A)possible  8 L6 b1 D! t9 S0 W
  B)profitable  
1 o- R3 ~6 p! n  A  C)easy  $ A4 }7 U1 J6 I- K. ?- R
  D)wise
7 u; U% s  J1 D& ~5.Data from Voyager II have presented astronomers with a puzzle about why our outermost planet exists. 4 c9 c$ H8 c9 c* M6 U- f1 ?) f
  A)problem  ( C& ~& e& ?1 U; A4 J1 ]; b
  B) mystery  
9 Z9 f: X- \& ^3 P  C) question  
$ `1 X& u' x4 [8 r3 g. v8 u  D) point
0 E; {# A4 W# Y答案:1.B immense:巨大的。enormous:巨大的。The expense of riving is immense today.现在生活的开支很大。Their losses were~llOrlnous.他们的损失巨大。much:许多。The students have given me much help.学生给了我许多帮助。little:小;少。The old lnall rived in a little house inⅡ1e woods.老人生活在树林中的一座小屋里。extensive:广泛的。They make extensive contacts with the Chinese people.他们跟中国人广泛接触。
6 G! d  L1 m) A/ q- I2 Q; @  2.A accumulate:积累。build up:建立起。The old teacher has accumulated a 10t of teaching experience.这位老教师积累了丰富的教学经验。We have built up a good reputation.我们建立起了很好的声誉。 make up:编造。She made up a funny story to explain her absence.她编造了一个滑稽的故事,解释她为什么不来。clear up:澄清。I’d like to clear up two or three points.我有两三点想澄清一下。   o; l% W6 @$ J9 \4 G' m
  3.B overtake:超过。pass:超过。Japan has overtaken Germany in industrial production.日本在工业生产方面已经超过了德国。The police car has passed the mlck。警车已经超过了卡车。reach:到达。We reached our destination at midnight.我们午夜到达了目的地。lead:带。The blind mall has a dog to lead him.这个盲人有条狗领他。
. S6 I9 R; `2 W: G  4.D advisable:可取的。wise:聪明的。It is advisable that everyone save money for further education.为进一步接受教育而攒点钱是可取的。No one is bom wise.人不是生下来就聪明的。possible:可能的。It’s possible for you to take a night train.你搭乘夜车是可以的。 profitable:有利可图的。The deal was quite profitable.这宗买卖是有利可图的。easy:容易。 John is easy t0 please.使约翰高兴很容易。
' W; e( Q2 O' k: y. T- x$ l  5.B puzzle:谜。mystery:谜。His.death.has remained a puzzle.他怎么死的至今还是个谜。It was a mystery how the burglars got in.盗贼怎么进来的是个谜。problem:问题。We have lots of problems to solve.我们有许多问题要解决。question:问题。The clever student asked the teacher all extremely diffiettlt question.那个聪明的学生问了老师一个极其难的问题。point: 论点。 The point;that 1 want to nlak~here and nOW is that Ph.D.dissertations must be original. 此时此地我想要说的一点是博士论文必须是原创性的。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-6-26 19:34 , Processed in 0.762166 second(s), 21 queries .