立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 79|回复: 0

[理工类英语] 2013年职称英语理工类B级模拟训练(21)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-16 00:07:50 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
阅读下面的短文,文章中有5处空白,文章后面有6组文字,请根据文章的内容选择5组文字,将其分别放回文章原有位置,以恢复文章原貌。请将答案涂在答题卡相应的位置上。  
1 @+ P# }- P$ t  You Need Courage! 4 I! f  M6 w9 ]) I
  Shortly after I began a career in business,I learned that Carl Weatherup,president of PepsiCo(百事可乐公司),was speaking at the University of Colorado.I tracked down the person handling his, schedule and managed to get myself an appointment._________ (1)
: h" q  ?" Q, N  D0 o  So there 1 was sitting outside the university’s auditorium,waiting for the president of PepsiCo.I could hear him talking to the students…and talking,and talking._________ (2)He was now five minutes over, which dropped my time with him down to 10 minutes.Decision time. 3 A3 r# g0 K& X& n  S! b
  I wrote a note on the back of my business card,reminding him that he had a meeting.“You have a meeting with Jeff Hoye at 2:30 pm.”I took a deep breath,pushed open the doors of the auditorium and walked straight up the middle aisle(过道)toward him as he talked.Mr.Weatherup stopped._________ (3)Just before I reached the door, I heard him tell the group that he was running late.He thanked them for their attention,wished them luck and walked out to where 1 was now sitting,holding my breath.
  {8 @2 a  N8 n0 E1 t0 J  He looked at the card and then at me.“Let me guess.”he said.“You’re Jeff.”He smiled._________ (4)He spent the next 30 minutes offering me his time,some wonderful stories that I still use,and an invitation to visit him and his group in New Y_0rk.But what he gave me that I value the most was the encouragement to continue to do as I had done._________ (5)When things need to happen,you either have the nerve to act or you don’t. www.examw.com- A. l+ P" W$ \2 G' c
  A I began breathing again and we grabbed(霸占)an office right there at school and closed the door.
* E) c: q* L8 U  ~  B As I sat listening to him,I knew that I could trust him,and that he deserved every bit of loyalty I could give to him. : _/ z- ~) K8 U7 S+ E8 ]
  C I became alarmed:his talk wasn’t ending when it should have.
" R. X- J* c: g& C' p  D He said that it took nerve for me to interrupt him,and that nerve was the key tO SUCCESS in the business world.
/ I  r- L7 P$ O( h) X7 l  E 1 was told,however,that he was on a tight schedule and only had 1 5 minutes available after his talk to the business class.
9 p4 a* t) H# l9 |) L2 ?, a  F I handed him the card then I turned and walked out the way I came。 5 H1 N8 W! U! U+ n' `9 C
  答案 ECFAD
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 09:48 , Processed in 0.201520 second(s), 21 queries .