QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 159|回复: 0

[理工类英语] 2012职称英语理工类完形填空练习(9)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-16 00:07:50 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  A Biological Clock
: ~- \: p% a& c( R  J  Up until about 100 years ago, newspapers in the United States appealed only to the most serious readers. They used __1__ illustrations and the articles were about politics or business.   t; o+ z! O9 Q" @% G  V
  Two men changed that - Joseph Pulitzer __2__ the New York World and William Randolph Hearst of the New York Journal. Pulitzer bought the New York World __3__ 1883. He changed it from a traditional newspaper into a very__4__ one overnight. He added __5__ illustrations and cartoons. And he told his reporters to write articles on __6__ crime or scandal they could find. And they did. One of them even pretended she was crazy and then she __7__ to a mental hospital. She then wrote a series of articles about the poor treatment of __8__ in those hospitals.
* s* E3 Z+ r9 C4 U, y  In 1895, Hearst came to New York from __9__ California. He wanted the Journal to be more sensational and more exciting __10__ the world. He also wanted it to be __11__, so he reduced the price by a penny. Hearst attracted attention because his headlines were bigger than__12__. He often said, "Big print makes big news."
" A6 p, S1 ~# A, J1 C8 h7 g  Pulitzer and Hearst did anything they __13__ to sell newspapers. For example, Hearst sent Frederic Remington, the famous illustrator, __14__ pictures of the Spanish-American War. When he got there, he told Hearst that no fighting was__15__. Hearst answered, "You furnish the pictures. I’ll furnish the war."
$ ?$ v2 a$ {9 w6 F0 W  EXERCISE: ' @2 f2 c( e, P+ a( h# E6 R/ n
  1. A) no B) many C) a lot D) little
' x, ~! |6 x! \0 M  u2 T1 q  2. A) on B) for C) in D)of * e$ K  J4 t; C3 U% @. Z
  3. A) on B) in C) at D) about
! m5 Q1 ~! |) Q# j% j+ r7 p  4. A) excite B) excitingly C)exciting D) excited
. s' U3 n  Q4 J6 y$ T; r: S, X* h3 v  5. A) a lot B) few C) a few D) lots of ; |! ?. {1 R, A4 F. s2 E
  6. A) every B) all C) both D) many
; I& }' b: i( o  7. A) admitted B) was admitted C) could admit D) has admitted - J2 A' T# g+ r- d- f  f
  8. A) patients B) patience C) patient D) patiences
7 D, N- N0 w' q8 C5 F) i0 Y  9. A) an B) the C) a D) /
) ]1 q* c' x8 K, o, e/ O  10. A) than B) as C) in D) for + f; T+ p: R& \1 c9 D
  11. A) cheap B) cheaper C) cheapest D) the cheapest   g+ ^+ i& K- B' h& Q& e# E2 H
  12. A) anyone B) anyone’s C) anyone else D) anyone else’s / E7 ]* V: D$ g* D# L3 V$ e# m
  13. A) may B) might C) can D) could
8 l0 W9 G. ~1 Z9 I$ [0 [4 i  14. A) draw B) drew C) to dray D) drawn
$ s: Q0 t" \7 h$ q0 T# _+ M  15. A) going B) going out C) going on D) going off 5 J4 D8 y! w' K  }7 C/ B

4 F' s& B( ], W: ~8 i$ N  Key: ADBCDABADABDDCC
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 10:05 , Processed in 0.198884 second(s), 21 queries .