QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 151|回复: 0

[理工类英语] 2012英语职称考试理工类A级阅读判断题三

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-16 00:07:50 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Fairy Tales for All the World
4 h2 ^: I0 C3 m$ F  i# u9 d$ wThis year, the world is marking the 200m anniversary of Danish author Hans Christian Andersen with a wide range of events.1 [# r/ D4 a* F1 R& y2 [$ [
Andersen's tales have attracted millions of readers for more than a century. They continue to be among the best-known works of world literature. "The Ugly Duckling (小鸭)" and "The Little Mermaid (美人鱼)" are among the most famous.1 n$ ~: Z" w5 E/ J# w
He was born on April 2, 1805, in the slums of Odense, Denmark. His father was a shoemaker and his mother worked as a washer-woman. Andersen received very little education, but his fascination with fairy tales inspired him to compose his own stories and arrange puppet (木偶) shows.' w9 d7 M' A" Z8 d
His father died when he was 11. He was forced to go to work, first as an apprentice to a weaver and tailor and then in a tobacco factory. At the age of 14, he moved to Copenhagen to try a career as a singer, dancer and actor. He sang in a boy's choir(合唱团), but he made very little money. He also tried the ballet, but his awkwardness made this impossible.
8 n9 a5 I* ?; m2 y. f8 |3 {Finally, when he was 17, Jonas Collin, a director of the Royal Theatre in Copenhagen discovered Andersen. After hearing Andersen read a play, Collin realized that he had talent. And he got money from the king for Andersen's education.8 L, Z1 }3 D! [* U% N5 r
In 1828, Andersen passed the entrance examinations to the university in Copenhagen. His writings were first published in 1829. In 1833, he received grant money for travel, which he used to visit Germany, France, Switzerland, and Italy. These journeys were recorded in his travelogues(旅行见闻). In 1835, Andersen published "Fairy Tales for Children," which contained four short stories. He eventually wrote around 168 fairy tales. They achieved success in his life-time and were widely published and translated.- p" l" X) v! d: K3 [! Q8 I) ~
Unhappiness also found its way into many of his tales which were not meant merely for children but for adults as well. He used very simple language and style to disguise the moral teachings of his tales.
  B( `9 I! q) p" W1 WAndersen also wrote novels, plays and poems. He died at his home in Rolighed on August 4, 1875.
2 i7 ^* J& o6 n% c! p: d16 Andersen died on April 4, 1875.$ V2 Q9 i! V3 f% Q+ g+ \) t/ _
A Right B Wrong C Not mentioned% ^8 p# D: M+ E" P- `
17 Chinese children are particularly fond of Andersen's tales.' S) t1 J# K- Z6 ]0 ]+ {/ S
A Right B Wrong C Not mentioned
* ?8 b: Q  k# |8 A" G! @8 u18 Andersen was not a good ballet dancer.3 `* J+ q8 W6 u& A# ?
A Right B Wrong C Not mentioned
( q9 e( X" h- }& b2 p19 Collin managed to get money for Andersen to receive more education.9 ]; S# `' @; ]" [( q
A Right B Wrong C Not mentioned  K9 H" C3 o) ^, w; x& l; K
20 Andersen's fairy tales didn't achieve success until after he died.
% P8 W6 M$ f6 }) AA Right B Wrong C Not mentioned, K1 E3 p( ?8 J) U  R1 Q. j
21 Andersen's tales not only tell stories but also teach moral lessons.
  {4 `, W8 B5 l$ LA Right B Wrong C Not mentioned4 T# H+ Y3 E8 o2 Q% Y' t8 V
22 Andersen's novels, plays and poems are not well-known.& \# O. u. I- g! V
A Right B Wrong C Not mentioned9 o4 }3 Q; W: H: u  U( |
参考答案:16. B 17. C 18. A 19. A 20. B 21. A 22. C
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-1 22:05 , Processed in 0.571360 second(s), 21 queries .