QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 141|回复: 0

[理工类英语] 2012年职称英语理工类A级补全短文集中训练2

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-16 00:07:50 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Lowering the Risk of Heart Disease
* j9 b. `9 \1 P+ ^; x7 L" w4 eLike millions of other Americans, I come from a family with a histotry of the heart disease. My father had his first three heart attacks when he was only thirty-one. _____________(46) I grew up with heart disease. It was there, but I didn’t take it seriouly.3 N4 H" @  x6 g
When I was thirty-one, my blood cholesterol(胆固醇)level was measured for the first time.It was 311 mg/dl, the doctor told me- an extremely high level that put me at a very high high risk of heart disease, especially with my family history. He sent me to the National Institutes of Health(NIH)to be screened for participation in a clinical trial._____________(47)
9 ]. E0 z  f" Z7 Z( R4 \1 [At NIH, physicians explained the degree of risk associated with my blood cholesterol level and the nature of the experiment. This test involves putting a tube through a leg artery(动脉) up to the heart._____________(48)
/ T  q/ |* k% x2 XLearning about the risks of the experiment as well sa the risk associated with my raised blood cholesterol level scared the life out of me. Although I was excluded from participating in the study, the experience may well have saved my life.
5 ?% Z& E8 ?5 C0 v3 IFor the first time, I began to realize the seriousness of high blood cholesterol.___________(49) But equally important, I got a taste of what it is like to be a patient, to have tests done on me and to think of myself as sick.This was hard to take.4 ~4 q( I" f4 Q( w) q
This experience taught me two lifesaving lessons. First, although I felt fit and strong, I was actually at high risk for heart disease because of my high blood cholesterol level. And with my family histaory, it could not be ignored.________________(50)
& W, N2 l6 P2 ]A Second, I could lower my blood cholesterol level simply by changing what I ate.; t# {; c4 H4 j( ], _! ~
B I was three years old at that time.* B8 p% @6 H% j. V$ R5 b, j
C There is not enough oxygen in the blood.+ h% q9 S. i' h
D It was a heart attack just waiting to happen
1 i( H- F! F  ^E The trial was designed to test the effect of lowering blood cholesterol on the risk of heart disease.
$ j) Q- ?4 S! RF The death rate for the test was only 1 in 100, I was assured.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-1 22:51 , Processed in 0.345391 second(s), 21 queries .