立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 340|回复: 1

[理工类英语] 2013年职称英语理工类A级模拟训练(25)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-16 00:07:50 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
阅读下面这篇短文,短文后有2项测试任务:(1)第1-4题要求从所给的6个选项中为第2-5段每段选择1个正确的小标题;(2)第5-8题要求从所给的6个选项中选择4个正确选项,分别完成每个句子。  8 R& I! @: ?- h- _
  More Than 8 Hours Sleep Too Much of a Good Thing . z% O# j. t! c' h4 D0 n
  Although the dangers of too little sleep are widely known,new research suggests that people who sleep too much may also suffer the consequences.
( [, @8 a0 |  e# K7 U* @  Investigators at the University of California in San Diego found that people who clock up 9 or 10 hours each weeknight appear to have more trouble falling and staying asleep,as well as a number of other sleep problems,than people who sleep 8 hours a night.People who slept only 7 hours each night also said they had more trouble falling asleep and feeling refreshed after a night’s sleep than 8-hour sleepers. www.ExamW.CoM: k  q! s7 X& s
  These findings, which DL Daniel Kripke reported in the journal Psychosomatic Medicine, demonstrate that people who want to get a good night’s rest may not need to set aside。more than 8 hours a night.He added that“it might be a good idea’’for people who sleep more than 8 hours each night to consider reducing the amount of time they spend in bed, but cautioned that more research is needed to confirm this.
4 N. e6 T  C2 y  Previous studies have shown the potential dangers of chronic shortages of sleep一for instance, one report demonstrated that people who habitually sleep less than 7 hours each night have a higher risk of dying within a fixed period than people who sleep more.
6 D# |. B# a) @1 `0 v, `  For the current report,Kripke reviewed the responses of 1,004 adults to sleep questionnaires,in which participants indicated how much they slept during the Week and whether they experienced any sleep problems.Sleep problems included waking in the middle of the night,arising early in the morning and being unable to fall back to sleep,and having fatigue interfere with day-to-day functioning. ! [' h2 x: {4 |( s: X
  KriDke found that people who slept between 9 and 10 hours each night were more likely to report experiencing each sleep problem than people who slept 8 hours.In an interview, Kripke noted that long sleepers may struggle to get rest at night simply because they spend too much time in bed.As evidence,he added that one way to help insomnia is to spend less time in bed.“It stands to reason that if a person spends too long a time in bed, then they’ll spend a higher percentage of time awake.”he said.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-16 00:07:51 | 显示全部楼层

2013年职称英语理工类A级模拟训练(25)

1. Paragraph 2 ___.
1 G( n+ V; p1 Y) A0 w, E% V  2. Paragraph 4___.
( w& }) ~) ^$ `+ c3 p3 ~9 T, y  3. Paragraph 5___.
4 ^7 E5 s+ ]1 B% _: i  4. Paragraph 6___.
/ |( I$ h  P( Q, w, S3 I  A. Keprike’s research tool 9 P: M: z8 c) i" b
  B. Dangers of Habitual shortages of sleep
5 O3 Q# R9 F% a  U8 k% y4 a- J/ Q0 w  C. Criticism on Kripke’s report
; O* F' [& |, U6 W, y  D. A way of overcoming insomnia # O3 T4 m- Q/ V4 W4 E' {: w
  E. Sleep problems of long and short sleepers
6 g! P6 ?3 x3 v; X1 }  F. Classification of sleep problems
7 h5 V/ {) R/ [& o$ [- @6 q  5.To get a good night’s rest,people may not need to ___. , z0 `- s7 c  o: _% Z6 }
  6.Long sleepers are reported to be more likely to___. 5 a* D/ }; {7 q/ V
  7. One of the sleep problems is waking in the middle of the night,unable to___. % ]! n$ s6 T/ t* x$ P5 |  {
  8. One survey showed that people who habitually ___each night have a higher risk of dying. % ?* i% G4 v( m! X% x4 [! e% S
  A fall asleep again .
% c0 h% O6 Y: ^) L5 I8 h; b$ R  B become more energetic the following day
, U) C1 N$ v8 z7 e  C sleep less than 7 hours 中华考试网- I+ _1 G- ?* R' s+ g$ @
  D confirm those serious consequences / H/ ?7 R# }# M- }: L
  E suffer sleep problems
: I$ }  X; @6 P. @  F sleep more than 8 hours ; V2 p! w1 B6 u( @
  【参考答案】:EBAD FEAC
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 05:21 , Processed in 0.218545 second(s), 23 queries .