QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 238|回复: 0

[理工类英语] 2013年职称英语理工类A级模拟训练(20)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-16 00:07:50 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
概括大意与完成句子(第1-8题,每题1分,共8分)  
7 |$ C) e; Q$ ^  阅读下面这篇短文,短文后有2项测试任务:(1)第1-4题要求从所给的6个选项中为第2-5段每段选择1个正确的小标题;(2)第5-8题要求从所给的6个选项中选择4个正确选项,分别完成每个句子。
) l0 u9 i4 G( n, l& C  Meet Your Memory
7 q* T- @2 r% E" [. L  1 Memory is something that cannot be seen, touched or weighed. It is thought to be abstract. It is a set of skills rather than an object. Neither is there a single standard for judging a good or poor memory. There are a number of different ways in which a person may have a ’good’ memory. ; E% m* r" i5 H" K5 \
  2 Memory is generally viewed as consisting of three stages: (1) acquisition refers to learning the material; (2) storage refers to keeping the material in the brain until it is needed; and (3) retrieval (提取) refers to getting the material back out when it is needed.
! H/ G! G$ a3 B* Y1 P  3 Memory consists of at least two different processes: short-term memory and long-term memory. Short-term memory has a limited capacity and a rapid forgetting rate. Its capacity can be increased by chunking (组成大块), or grouping separate bits of information into larger chunks. Long-term memory has an almost unlimited capacity. ) x8 i% \2 q) z# R1 C) q
  4 One measure of memory is recall, which requires you to produce information by searching the memory for it. In aided recall, you are given cues (提示) to help you produce the information. In free-recall learning you recall the material in any order; in serial learning you recall it in the order it was presented; and in paired-associate learning you learn pairs of words so that when the first word is given you can recall the second word. A second measure of memory is recognition, in which you do not have to produce the information from memory, but must be able to identify it when it is presented to you. In a third measure of memory, relearning, the difference between how long it took to learn the material the first time and how long it takes to learn it again indicates how much you remember. Relearning is generally a more sensitive measure of memory than is recognition because relearning shows retention (保持) while recognition does not. Recognition is generally a more sensitive measure than recall. ! M* T7 H3 c' O" w# X  w/ i/ b" q( Z6 v
  1 Paragraph 1 - j& z( h* R# {. A; B
  2 Paragraph 2 ' m0 P1 S3 J# \+ I1 t4 s, X
  3 Paragraph 3
& ]$ H* L* M% E4 C- h, L  4 Paragraph 4 考试用书
  y: X8 x& A6 j( L5 Y( }6 C  A Why do we forget things? ( z  q7 ~% b% w7 ?2 H0 {6 j8 Y4 B2 W
  B How do we measure memory? + C4 C6 ]4 D" ?$ n/ A% B
  C What are the stages memory consists of? + \, P$ Y/ b3 q. Z
  D What is the difference between short-term memory and long-term memory? 1 Q: z2 c9 h; o3 Y6 f4 U; M
  E What is memory?
, L. Z* A# e5 E0 ]+ P1 Z  F Who may have a poor memory?
5 k" e/ c3 z; j  5 Remembering involves getting the material back out when it is
6 M6 ?3 i! l/ G* Q% j; X$ q  6 Grouping bits of information into larger chunks helps improve the capacity of our 9 w6 S  l% h) f. Y! `* g
  7 Long-term memory has an almost unlimited capacity and a
# s' r4 P$ ~- t# Z4 C  8 As a measure of memory, relearning is more sensitive than
1 r. M3 u# T- z  A short-term memory + Y  n) {; ?9 D, H; l& c
  B relearning
" V$ v) u* Z- t" w8 h) Y  C needed
, z* B! Z- o- @) V+ B' d  D coded
' D+ u2 f$ U4 C  E recognition $ D. k  b) x; B
  F slow forgetting rate
. [. T+ F5 U% [  答案:ECDB CAFE
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-25 20:21 , Processed in 0.401471 second(s), 21 queries .