立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 242|回复: 0

[理工类英语] 2013年职称英语理工类A级模拟训练(17)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-16 00:07:50 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
阅读下面这篇短文,短文后列出了7个句子,请根据短文的内容对每个句子做出判断。如果该句提供的是正确信息,请选A;如果该句的是错误信息,请选B;如果该句的信息文章中没有提及,请选C.  
. ^7 l; U& p: I' Z- h  Winners and Losers . P7 u) b7 M* _, s1 {' p
  Why are the biggest winners in the past decade of trade globalization mostly in South and East Asia, whereas the biggest losers are mostly in the former Soviet bloc (集团) and sub-Saharan Africa? History is a partial guide: East Asia has a long trading tradition, lately reinvigorated (给以新的活力) by the Chinese adoption of market economics. The Soviet Union, on the other hand, was sheltered from free-market forces for more than 70 years. In Africa, some countries are disadvantaged because of inadequate infrastructure (基础结构); many countries have little to trade but commodities, the prices of which have fallen in recent years. ; D5 w8 {( v/ Y. i4 A5 X( y
  In some regions, certain countries have suffered by adopting misguided policies, often under pressure from International Monetary Fund. First among these is Russia, which in the early 1990s tried to embrace capitalism before first building the institutions that make capitalism work, such as an independent bank system, a system of business law, and an adequate method for collecting taxes. Encouraged by the IMF, the World Bank and the U.S. Department of the Treasury, President Boris Yeltsin’s regime privatized the state-owned industrial sector, creating a class of oligarchs (寡头政治集团成员), who, knowing how unstable conditions were at home, sent their money abroad instead of investing it at home. ) f  n3 g* V5 a# w4 w
  In contrast, China, the biggest winner from globalization, did not follow the IMF formula. Of the former states of the Soviet bloc, only a few, notably Poland and Hungary, managed to grow, which they did by ignoring IMF advice and adopting expansionary plans, including spending more than they collected in taxes. Botswana and Uganda are also success stories: despite their disadvantages, their countries achieved vigorous growth by creating stable civil societies, liberalizing trade and implementing reforms that ran counter to IMF prescriptions.
, x6 O4 p/ X+ N7 w6 Z5 |3 I1 F  1 Japan has a long trading tradition.
" K1 v9 ]8 n5 A, ^  A Right B Wrong C Not mentioned 7 S; c. T; O2 a0 ]. f
  2 Russia was wrongly guided by the IMF.
8 U+ V" \9 w+ A; J9 Z, o+ g* L8 L  A Right B Wrong C Not mentioned 4 H; Y) x4 ?% i2 r* |8 U3 @
  3 All African countries followed the IMF formula. 2 o! p5 S5 z7 Z2 F
  A Right B Wrong C Not mentioned
1 D( X9 X8 Q+ D! v  4 The Soviet Union was a capitalist country.
2 p  i" L; K9 {2 K! M3 y  A Right B Wrong C Not mentioned
5 F4 t- v, i9 D4 [% A. y9 {4 U  5 Australia is one of the biggest winners from globalization 来自www.Examw.com
$ B2 n0 n: S5 @; S6 x! n6 n/ U  A Right B Wrong C Not mentioned . s$ W) a) `5 K: \1 P# m
  6 China did not take IMF advice. 4 Y  T' `# S* y: m, G# h
  A Right B Wrong C Not mentioned
8 r( X9 h1 J" _  7 Many high officials in Russia have much benefited from privatization. ) ~: A! t2 n4 P" ^
  A Right B Wrong C Not mentioned ; x3 V4 t/ v: Z6 _0 q9 M& A- M
  答案:1. A  2. A  3. B  4. B        5. C  6. A  7. C
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-19 04:44 , Processed in 0.217754 second(s), 21 queries .