QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 316|回复: 0

[理工类英语] 2013年职称英语理工类A级模拟训练(10)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-16 00:07:50 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
阅读判断(第1~7题,每题1分,共7分)  + K' y! T2 R) {- |
  下面的短文后列出了7个句子,请根据短文的内容对每个句子做出判断:如果该句提供的是正确信息,请选择A;如果该句提供的是错误信息,请选择B;如果该句的信息文中没有提及,请选择C。
2 V) l- N% `3 `+ L; v  Inhalable Water Droplets
; [. W4 W$ G. a0 B  O2 l  You think that the biggest threat to your health when taking a shower comes from slipping on a bar of soap? Well, guess again. - O# f* o, T# z! N: V- a( e
  Preliminary studies by engineers at the University of Cincinnati and the Oak Ridge Institute for science and education, also in Cincinnati, indicate that some water-saving shower nozzles produce water droplets so small they can be inhaled, exposing anyone using the shower to several different health hazards.
7 _) p# G1 I# ^6 A( }  Using a device called an optical particle counter the researchers tested a number of shower nozzles, both of adjustable and fix-spray styles. They found that some products create droplets less than 10 microns in diameter-small enough to be inhaled. That’s problem, the researchers theories, because the water may contain trace of chemicals used by treatment facilities to kill microbes and bacteria in the water. These organic compounds are relatively safe to take in by drinking, but may not be safe to inhale. ) b& E4 l, L) E0 O, v, @' d$ i
  Another threat may be possible as well. Previous research has shown that the droplets can contain microbes that live inside the warm, wet interior of shower nozzles. When the faucet is turn on, these microbes are swept out through the nozzles. If these droplets are inhaled, the microbes could pose a threat to people who are with asthma and other respiratory problems. / D7 M7 ~" r; C* |- U0 I
  All of this doesn’中 华 考 试 网t mean you should skip your morning shower just yet. More research is needed, cautious oak ridge institute scientist Virendra Sethi says, before anyone can determine just how serious — or insignificant — these health risks may be. Moreover, not all water-conserving nozzles produce inhalable droplets. "It all depends on the design of the nozzle," says Sethi. Right now there is no way for consumers to know which nozzle produce these tiny drops. "We are working to develop specifications for shower head designs that would not generate droplets in the inhalable size range," he adds. 4 T* l- ^6 E& V  f4 T; G
  练习
6 o8 Q3 h2 S# C6 i  1. The first paragraph is a question to which the author hopes to have a positive answer from the reader.
* d/ ?* E( V3 Q/ }  A. True B. False C. Not mentioned ) u1 g) K* Q0 E% f, F. t
  2. Shower nozzles that produce water droplets, big and small, can expose anyone using the shower to health problems. + a$ U! t# N% _6 x
  A. True B. False C. Not mentioned   R% V3 V9 A/ M5 Q' C. R  Z( C
  3. The chemicals contained in water kill bacteria to make it safe for drinking.
; }4 z0 y  i5 O. W5 {  A. True B. False C. Not mentioned 3 b' e- f7 v7 k4 }" Y6 K
  4. The problem that inhalable water droplets produce is that they may expose people with respiratory problems to health hazards. + e1 Z8 Y* {' z. c
  A. True B. False C. Not mentioned
$ N6 p4 x3 C% b% I- M  5. The adjustable type of nozzles are less dangerous than the fixed one. . l: S" J, s: b
  A. True B. False C. Not mentioned 5 w, I8 J3 C: c& j" E
  6. People with asthma and other respiratory problems should avoid taking showers.
: H: Y6 S( J8 O+ C0 u  A. True B. False C. Not mentioned 中 华 考 试 网& `* q% ?) F$ i2 W
  7. To overcome the problem caused by inhalable water droplets. Sethi, perhaps with some other researchers, is drawing up standards for safe shower head designs.
9 E" y$ L8 L" Y- q5 {: p  A. True B. False C. Not mentioned
+ a9 ]4 I3 b/ i( }! S0 p  答案:BBAAB CA
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-17 07:13 , Processed in 0.311233 second(s), 21 queries .