QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 817|回复: 0

[理工类英语] 2013年职称英语理工类A级模拟训练(32)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-16 00:07:50 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
阅读下面的短文,文中有15处空白,每处空白给出了4个选项,请根据短文的内容从4个选项中选择1个最佳答案。  
* y' ?2 ]  ^' B- |6 s  Solar Storm - j+ \. S( |, m0 X3 M' ?
  At the end of October 2003, a sudden solar storm hit the earth. A solar storm refers to the large amounts of charged particles released into space_______(1) the solar energy increases. The release of the energy_______(2) place along with the activity of the sunspots with a cycle of: 11 years. This time, the_______(3) of the storm exceeded expectations. # T9 h( ^/ _9 E% D6 R6 H2 P, j
  This_______(4) of intense solar storm was caused by the eruption of a solar flare (闪光) and the ejection (喷发) of the solar corona (日冠) on October 28, 2003. Large amounts of charged particles moved 150,000,000 kilometers through space toward the_______(5) in 19 hours. They could affect aircraft roaming (漫游) in space. & t5 P2 c3 o# b; O/ P$ `+ h
  The high-energy particles will_______(6) some of the parts of an aircraft. They may also cause it to fail. High-energy particles can threaten the safety of an aircraft at a high orbit. If an aircraft orbits at a lower orbit, it is_______(7) because it is under the protection of the earth’s magnetic field. 2 r: E; t2 k1 ]5 `6 r2 |* o: v
  A solar storm not only affects aircraft but also is a _______(8) to the environment and humans. The aerosphere and magnetic field of the earth can_______(9) humans from ultraviolet radiation and X-rays. While most of the X-rays are absorbed after they enter the aerosphere (大气层), still a few can_______(10) the ground.   u6 Z  _) @( Q* ~9 E5 r
  The geomagnetic storm caused by this round of solar storm reaches its highest level on the two_______(11) of the earth, which affects electricity supply of North America. Overexposure to_______(12) threatens the health of passengers on planes flying over the Polar Regions. If we fly in the sky during such a solar storm, it_______(13) we receive ten times the X-ray radiation. It’s really damaging. ( R( u" M( d/ z$ R$ j
  Scientists say a solar eruption is like the sun sneezing, which will make the earth_______(14) a cold. Though this natural force is irresistible, scientists can still_______(15) its movement accurately by monitoring. Facing successive solar storms, humans can’t drop their guard
) _, i) b/ P2 K; ]# Z: [+ y  1 A since B when C until D though
& j! g6 J+ q! X: i  L  2 A finds B adjusts C holds D takes www.Examw.com9 O% R& V+ G! k, ], f
  3 A intensity B height C width D density 0 g# r# C' S' x) a1 e1 t
  4 A piece B part C round D set
( g' b0 p! q8 a. z; n3 a  5 A star B earth C moon D sun
8 Z9 d, k, W0 x& W  6 A dominate B develop C damage D descend 0 [& F! c4 Y5 h! h8 l
  7 A safe B dangerous C comfortable D manageable
) }/ j* W6 S& U. H+ H' Q  8 A limit B cause C force D threat
* _  W- j# s& x/ m. ?/ l  9 A separate B benefit C distinguish D protect + U4 B- E. f& w  k5 d" d& U
  10 A lose B reach C break D prepare
& B% b5 L, }& V* [  11 A poles B mountains C rivers D lakes
# m* b/ ~* D; i' _+ m: v  12 A light B storm C radiation D pressure
+ p- @7 A$ b/ [" v% X4 D; z  13 A recommends B means C proposes D advises
: X/ L; U7 I, A. O  14 A turn B stop C become D catch
) j" A; O4 c- `1 g, i  15 A detect B start C experience D change
3 P2 `0 l* t8 p2 a0 O  【参考答案】 1.B 2. D 3. A 4. C 5. B   6. C 7. A 8. D 9. D 10. B  11. A 12. C 13. B 14. D 15. A
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-17 03:32 , Processed in 0.189559 second(s), 21 queries .