只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 96|回复: 0

[综合] 金融英语综合辅导:DepartmentalMeeting(1)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-16 08:02:22 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  SHARON: Well, you two.) ]5 z) J5 C3 g( L9 P1 R
  I have good news from Ms. Wells.
5 l4 W9 i( s9 O( \& x6 o, N  CANDY: Are we opening the new shop?
' b, k2 l6 J1 j. |. ^1 l" d9 X  SHARON: Not just that, Candy.
+ _) Q/ J5 J; f' C; s  Ms. Wells wants me to tell you that we will be opening two new shops.
8 ^- j" F( R% I% Z% z' \  CANDY: Two?  o. u8 I: N% b9 \
  ANDREW: So fast?
( o- s9 A, K, \4 S) |& f' W+ z  SHARON: Yes, two. They've just decided on the second location., b  W% n/ o' j1 ]+ b
  And Ms. Wells wants to thank us especially.
$ d4 K) s( Z: P7 l2 [$ x7 O  CANDY: She is a very aggressive woman. Two shops at once!& @7 d3 R( Z# Y
  How will they have the staff for that?
1 I! z( T( M0 l  h  SHARON: That isn't our concern, Candy.
7 E) U$ M0 r* e; z9 ~! C+ b; w  But Ms. Wells says she wanted to thank us especially.
$ c  S, k9 {* w; P: |9 R# V( P0 I  She wants to take us to dinner this Saturday.
9 i/ T+ T9 b. [  ANDREW: Great. So I guess our television ads worked.
/ E8 F* D- ]# p; `. }/ C  SHARON: If we judge by April's sales, they worked almost miraculously.8 c9 U* q0 T, n
  ANDREW: That good?( w7 {) Q) W7 {- W0 ?
  SHARON: Yes. According to what Ms. Wells told me,
6 V' F" I" ~, _* o  sales are up around 65% at all three stores.
" o6 X6 y" M: [6 V; I  CANDY: Excellent! And she thinks it was because of the TV ads?; ?9 n" ?2 P5 Z
  SHARON: Yes. What else? She says she is very grateful for your idea, Andrew./ ?, P0 c+ r% ]7 @, f; p6 W7 R6 Z- O9 p
  That concept was dynamite.
* f1 T, k. g/ @( r3 d" ]' N% I$ b; u  ANDREW: I thought we should promote more directly to younger women.
% Q6 y- g9 s* ]: \, }; a  L- b1 P  So it worked. I'm glad.  `. @) p% }4 A$ x$ O" {( `
  SHARON: Now we need to develop the concept more.. a  i4 ]" ~% P$ T6 }
  I'm thinking about more newspaper ads and billboards.; N. K$ K/ Q2 o
  And maybe a new TV ad as well.9 w. V+ ^4 O( t/ ~3 c
  ANDREW: For newspaper ads, we will have to work with a different advertising agency.
% r9 B; v! `- B  The Tate Company only does television.0 M, U0 q2 ?% b6 M! Z9 ]2 [0 i
  SHARON: I know that. Can you try to set up some meetings with other agencies, Candy?# _2 {2 O. ]- \
  CANDY: Sure. I'll call around. I just need to know your schedule.$ l0 L* o, c& _" n
  SHARON: We'll have to work hard on this, you two.* u2 |* s* l% f. c
  Ms. Wells thinks we may be able to steal the market from the shopping malls.  X  Q3 Q5 i# q- L% Q! X2 d
  So she wants to hit them hard, and hit them fast.
" |: d9 z- f. X1 j+ U8 |0 ~  ANDREW: That sounds more like military strategy than makeup sales.9 O% C8 i5 y7 n/ P: k* |
  SHARON: Well, you know, Andrew——beauty products are like anything else.
+ u% G4 J" M- K9 @( W5 X  Business is war, whatever you sell.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-20 00:44 , Processed in 0.315913 second(s), 21 queries .