a我考网

找回密码
 立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 78|回复: 0

[综合] 金融英语综合辅导:ExportingProductsToTheU.S(1)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-16 08:02:22 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  JOHN: So it looks like we start selling in the U.S. next year.
) u4 l& D& J9 m9 n! `4 V  CAROL: Did Mr. Lin put you in charge of marketing?; ?" ~$ e% o/ @3 {$ v( u; n
  JOHN: He's still not sure whether he wants to put me in charge,+ ?' D1 k$ A% o- X. d
  or whether he wants to hire an American.4 U- E3 H7 J  g% B2 _# k; |
  But even if he hires an American, I'll probably be transferred to our American office.9 i7 Z) F" Q4 G  r
  CAROL: Where will it be?
8 d2 I8 J: U0 j. H, [* i! x  JOHN: We aren't sure yet. Maybe L.A. I think L.A. would be the best idea.$ ?* x: c2 p3 h. Y4 Y5 C; T. G
  CAROL: Is it because of trade negotiations that we can start selling in the U.S.?' ~. b. w8 H1 p' y! f
  JOHN: Yes, the recent agreements between the two governments have changed everything.
1 ~2 K, A9 s7 O! [- @6 I  Now we have the right to sell in America at a much lower tariff." o2 D" Q+ l% H2 |$ ~
  It's going to be good. We can compete more directly with them.
/ [) O% t0 o6 I  CAROL: Great.
7 `; l8 a( ~) _" v, v* ~6 z  JOHN: Our computers have a high level of quality now.: D+ K( K$ E( q: @2 ?
  We can demonstrate it. And our prices will be good.
9 A( E/ Q) ?7 A2 X  So I think it will really be worthwhile.9 G- ]# a: j* U5 @9 b" C/ _
  CAROL: You seem excited about it.& U- ~! _$ \' _
  JOHN: Well, you know I studied marketing in America.
- @; u  B4 W8 \1 ?4 n& I+ M  So maybe the thought of going back there to promote our brand is kind of exciting to me.
% i+ D5 h- j5 O6 \* w0 G1 R  I'd love to be part of the team.  X& ]: ~6 {/ f9 c
  CAROL: Do you honestly think we can compete though? All the computer giants are there.* y- E( u* k$ G, R% D) f5 k
  JOHN: Yes, I do. I think we can compete. I think we can make a name for ourselves., Q; k6 g7 x3 [. B+ x5 ~3 ?9 D
  It will be hard at first. But if we develop a good advertising campaign,: h+ r, n" f9 ^1 D# O% N
  I think we can break into the market.1 T) x4 v! k0 L' k3 _
  CAROL: The company will have to choose a good advertising firm.
( E. ]  j/ D/ q$ k- A, P) ~% I  And then there's the problem of quality.
$ U+ @& Z6 j! ]& V  How do we convince American buyers that our quality is good?: f7 z6 n( e  Z6 `4 ~
  JOHN: It takes some time.
$ r6 U" m, d( ^: p  Because even if the quality is high,! c9 d0 G9 l/ D) [/ P. l/ L
  people won't accept a high tech product unless they recognize the name.
9 ?5 b5 P1 z$ ~  Name recognition is crucial.
! Q+ O9 x; k/ w: @* u6 O  CAROL: Well, I hope it all works out, John., l# ?- e# Z  |! }1 ~
  I think if you're part of the team, things will go well.6 A4 ~$ W6 S1 i$ v
  But you know we'd all miss you here. So I won’t say I'm happy to think that you’re leaving.6 c( i6 v* r: |: O7 [
  JOHN: That's very nice of you to say.+ j5 J8 E( ~& J4 s, q5 Z
  But if we set up an office there in the States, maybe you could try to become part of it.
9 n. s; m2 N% k7 k) _3 Z/ y  CAROL: Me? No way.
7 |8 y6 d, b9 o( @  I'm dedicated to the company, but I’m not going to leave Taiwan. I'm happy here
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 19:39 , Processed in 0.268368 second(s), 21 queries .