立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 64|回复: 1

[考试试题] 金融英语模拟试题-FECT-(2)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-16 08:05:44 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
1. The holder of preference shares has preference over the ordinary shareholders under the following circumstance: _______.! [% ^& ~6 n# K! L$ L
A. his voting rights are considered more important
6 I, m6 c4 f2 k; I2 qB. he has the greater right in choosing the board of directors2 x/ g" }4 i2 X( J0 |0 x
C. he receives his dividend before the ordinary shareholder; k( d7 o: d. L9 C9 \
D. he has the right to buy ordinary shares more cheaply
, u& ~' R; p  `0 e) }5 d2. What are the two major accounts in the balance of payments? ______.
1 I; |  u" p5 X" r( kA. Current account and fixed account ' U: s: C, b- u2 }3 w% w2 f
B. Capital account and deposit account
/ M( k- I7 z# p" Q+ TC. Capital account and current account  k4 Q2 L" F/ t7 V
D. The account recording transfer payment and the account including an offsetting transaction
  R' Q, _/ s# {8 P1 [) S3. Which of the following is not a financial instrument? ______.( o$ l5 p0 w' H
A. Treasury bills0 e6 ~* \7 X1 M3 t- t
B. Real estate1 a: }7 n8 X# U( n- C
C. Mortgages
, n; g! n( h: T, g5 S3 m. |D. Stocks8 `6 I3 R; E$ O# y3 m, s
4. The yield to maturity on a bond is ______.
6 [. Q4 A4 Q) c: t% E& ~9 ZA. below the coupon rate when the bond sells at a discount, and above the coupon rate when the bond sells at a premium2 y1 U3 E2 D! |% o" q0 a! P
B. the discount rate that set the present value of the payments equal to the bond price- c4 L  p, a7 I% \
C. the current yield plus the average annual capital gain rate
* [8 ?2 K! X/ dD. based on the assumption that any payments received are reinvested at the coupon rate
, z- m3 v9 d' V4 N5 h$ }5. The annual interest paid on a bond relative to its prevailing market price is called its ______.8 S1 @1 V1 _8 Y4 e+ O
A. promised yield
4 n) }/ ]0 ~: Z' L% N/ AB. yield to maturity! k0 g' G1 I, ^- u* H% L2 d" D- P9 w
C. coupon rate# R" I& C8 X6 ]* j
D. current yield
/ y6 f6 S# P5 X& e3 L% i; q6. Rapid increases in the price level during periods of recession or high unemployment are known as .' y1 _. X8 g+ r' z8 w$ d7 Y
A. stagnation
7 S6 a2 v+ y9 SB. stagflation/ E$ |, A! M& r* t$ d2 a
C. slump7 H2 n6 u" U$ G; d  _5 ?% K
D. inflation
1 g/ C+ S- p! M7 h7. A person who left his/her job to look for another job would be classified as ______.- I3 r$ A2 b( c" a9 x
A. structurally unemployed
" K4 z8 @2 `5 j9 s# J( |B. cyclically unemployed
  `! y+ H0 |. @  h' Q2 I8 zC. frictionally unemployed5 m' O% d* ^: z1 [5 R. H
D. no longer in the labor force
( J9 i$ `5 X0 z4 ~9 ~0 q8. Which of the following is not included in a statement of owner's equity? ______.来源:- P6 N6 V* s+ w3 D
A. Net income
! R# n! h) r) A2 y7 y3 I, X5 j6 zB. Unearned revenue: f4 |% H. @# b7 E( n1 I5 Z7 }
C. Dividend& Z, c3 H! b$ @1 ~4 t  z
D. Retained earning  v7 D- Q* ~8 M+ h; X" Z
9. If the Federal Reserve sells bonds and Congress cuts taxes and increases government spending,then the U.S. government has ______.
; J6 C+ p/ j( F( R3 e& a3 LA. expansionary monetary policy and contractionary fiscal policy
# @6 l4 |( b7 y+ f0 f' |3 O  JB. contractionary monetary policy and expansionary fiscal policy
( W, o6 O) |$ H4 t( q. o8 ^4 ^. U! S- ~C. expansionary monetary policy and expansionary fiscal policy* v" h; S7 t' I
D. ontractionary monetary policy and contractionary fiscal policy
+ B1 J7 s9 x$ M' E7 f
3 s% g9 _# A3 B8 y10. As the real wage rises, the substitution effect causes the worker to consume more ______ and less ______.2 b" S& _7 i5 Q& s1 r' E2 h
A. leisure...work) X- G9 C  i5 e
B. work...leisure- a' ^. a" x9 o
C. work...of all of other goods6 F  `$ o; k6 w7 v# N/ K7 P4 v* W
D. leisure...of all other goods
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-16 08:05:45 | 显示全部楼层

金融英语模拟试题-FECT-(2)

</p>11. The federal funds rate is the interest rate ______.& |5 g0 R5 [+ w, T* W" T* r
A. on overnight loans of reserves between banks( p2 _+ ]$ H3 g6 [  c  s
B. the government pays when borrowing from banks
' {0 L2 h, n1 U" T( hC. on government debt, |5 N$ [7 y" D( \5 S
D. both A and B! ?( q/ l7 ~! g+ }/ M
12. A consumer's indifference curve shows ______.
7 i( P* O: K( G- s4 t* BA. all combinations of two products that a consumer can use
( L# p* f& K% t0 D, v) TB. all combinations of two products that yield the same total satisfaction to the consumer
) f( i4 Z0 k# L; kC. all combinations of two goods that the consumer can purchase with disposable persona income
+ d" ?/ Q5 b# K6 k7 U  |5 G0 ^D. equal income for consumption
9 G$ ~+ g1 E& D& F6 W& c13. The value of any investment is found by computing ______.
! W; L) f6 g' r* eA. the future value of all future expenses0 h3 Q7 g: j* r; c2 m' [
B. the future value of all sales1 \" v; N3 Z6 l  |0 J- }7 ~. B* i
C. the present value of all future liabilities( \" a' @/ `; K! ]8 J) [4 L, M
D. the present value of all cash flows
9 g9 j7 L4 g% E3 c( J' b, P/ u14. A "base" or "high-powered" money is distinguished from other types of money by the fact that it .* B; Y' D1 E4 N, g4 i/ i( T
A. always consists of central-bank liabilities
' d9 M% ~7 o6 m0 b& VB. always consists of assets that can serve as commercial bank cash reserves
8 k6 N5 ~  ^+ L  tC. always consists of gold coin" [& \% ?2 F% q. E+ G+ a
D. must be a "fiat" money
. w: Y) ~# F: ~/ L: W) E15. The relationship between interest rates on various bonds, and the time to (heir maturity is called the ______ structure of interest rates.5 H2 n6 p! j+ ?1 r: W: ^
A. chronological2 D7 C0 D+ h: M: t9 A# y  X6 c
B. term; _! s: d1 l6 m" J5 ~
C. risk) r) ], w  \* `8 C2 A
D. liquidity; p+ \( u7 q0 L2 m2 g4 r3 J( T
16. An example of an investment pool is ______.
6 y' w& j9 V* i  F8 b0 IA. a savings and loan association
$ ?6 @. [4 P/ U+ Q* Y' X8 t9 ]B. a life insurance company
0 o; E* ^  t6 [C. a finance company. Z' [/ M2 w. `: b
D. a mutual fund8 X" [3 H1 j) R  {: S; \
17. Sustained downward movements in the business cycle are referred to as ______.
  }( h% L3 R% ]5 ]" m+ S1 @A. recessions
; C3 A! q) S, R4 vB. economic recoveries4 T6 ^5 r* X) ^1 `$ _  y
C. inflation
! ^% |4 \. ^. M2 E2 yD. expansions; i. w0 \' G+ ]6 d8 \# S+ t
18. _____ offers a wide spectrum of personal services to wealthy clients who may have little knowledge of how to handle their own financial affairs or who are too busy.
4 ?% ]0 b% j5 QA. A private bank: ^7 W) `1 ?+ @8 g1 v: ^
B. Private banking
$ u  @  s1 r+ D( C8 O$ Q: t2 o: qC. Personal banking
7 O+ Z) V0 g5 rD. Retail banking% [+ x- o/ ]) w
8 i) |) z) U+ \" B3 \' M: e+ R6 Q
19. Which of the following can be described as involving direct finance? ______.& Z& l5 \8 K- }; Z2 [: Y* \
A. A pension fund manager buys a short-term corporate security in the secondary market' ?# p& }6 D3 l, v
B. People buy shares in a mutual fund
" |! g$ k$ @! d3 [C. A corporation issues new shares of stock
2 k' o/ p% o9 a! n: y( dD. An insurance company buys shares of common stock in the over-the-counter markets. 20. A call option gives the owner the right to ______.
3 u3 A8 F$ j4 j/ V  d. y0 ^A. sell the underlying asset at a fixed price7 q+ y# i' s. g6 W
B. buy the underlying asset at a fixed price
5 x  N$ Y$ g% X4 c" w' B  kC. convert the underlying asset at a fixed price
% P: R# W6 }) m: T/ U4 h6 jD. take delivery of the underlying asset at a fixed price
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-13 06:31 , Processed in 0.232811 second(s), 23 queries .