立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 158|回复: 1

[考试试题] 金融英语单选题—FECT(3)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-16 08:05:44 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
1. When a country runs a foreign trade deficit under a flexible foreign exchange rate system, its .
% |7 b+ P- v) vA. imports automatically increase* ]; c# t1 g0 |) s' l6 ^  J
B. currency automatically depreciates ) b6 H" i5 `/ n
C. exports automatically decline
, a9 ~6 D1 F. r6 {. X: c+ j3 l3 XD. currency automatically appreciates
% Y- m: Q3 h5 i* d" y  w+ O( I( Z9 C& Z3 Q1 g( t' o
2. Which of the following statements is not true of accounting? ______.
- {, x6 |- I8 m# L; I# L! n7 e2 VA. Accounting is language of business
" D3 I" Q3 Q3 Z& iB. The user of accounting includes business, government, nonprofit organizations and individuals.
9 u& K; z/ W* DC. Accounting is useful for decision making
: W7 q' [+ B5 E2 J" E, F3 gD. Accounting is an end rather than a means to an end   l" S* U3 h& X, U1 S! _
' q1 t3 _$ d, l9 ^
3. The term foreign exchange is best defined by the following statement: it is ______.
, C  z. t  j$ ^2 E& p1 ~& CA. the rate of exchange between two currencies
) }) l0 p3 {! iB. synonymous with currency exchange9 d  m5 F# m) O  O' [
C. the place in which foreign currencies are exchanged
  y  ^- z: v9 z& Q& }: _D. an instrument such as paper currency, note, and check used to make payments between countries
+ b: h5 M. a9 V4 H! n% o4 o: P; l/ P% y: A6 P* `" o1 R3 c. f
4. What is Asset Allocation? ______.7 D) d7 K; `% l* Q( |" J5 x
A. Buying assets of different types, risks, and potential returns % B. Z, D, y7 a; q# b7 H5 f
B. Buying assets with more than one brokerage account
& g& w) J' K8 n) u3 [C. The ability to buy mutual funds
5 K3 [7 L1 t; T3 B+ J9 WD. Buying stocks for the long term
* F2 G+ A& E1 \2 R; M9 N2 {! ?+ r: y* m
5. External users of financial accounting information include all of the following except .
$ Y+ e, }) x/ a& j6 L3 @# X# BA. suppliers ; }- Q8 o* n7 ^! g8 s0 ~6 s: i
B. line managers
  a- i3 s" E$ cC. general public
( p. V( L+ y( ?% q- c; u; w% ?* H  kD. creditors
! m5 K$ b; f1 F  v/ X+ G' s# `
4 ^3 Y) u8 e: Y6. CAPM is short for .6 z0 x4 `' F+ @: y
A. Capital Asset Pricing Model
$ C/ D$ R1 Y0 i$ nB. Cash Added Price Matrix
- X* @' s% u  P7 ?% ]C. Capital Asset Pricing Matrix
  X. |1 x% j$ G/ y* C( RD. Cost and Price Model% a3 K5 m% A- U% y, R3 z" Y

' j$ l& C2 K- Z0 @9 }3 Y7. Liquidity measures the ______.) c& i/ M1 m7 ~$ \) \2 x1 T
A. value of an asset
8 v8 F8 P- H/ Z" ]B. ease with which an asset can be exchanged # ?: Q' I9 o& O; ^
C. usefulness of an asset5 ^$ L$ s  c% q# n6 B
D. economic and monetary reliability of an asset compared with other assets
6 _, c6 s: r# ?
: k8 P: U* x0 h9 u3 ^& ~8. In a letter of credit transaction, the bank pays the seller against ______ which agree(s) with______.
* _+ B3 o) }! T6 A- l/ G; PA. documents... the credit 7 M' X, N7 B6 M2 b) X  K  [, a
B. merchandise... the contract
( o( A8 i/ {& T1 EC. documents... the contract - g* J4 j3 e, e1 J4 [( j6 G, ~
D. merchandise...the buyer ordered
9 P7 C$ l3 A0 e$ p. q
4 l, `- A) o8 r4 `6 N, B9. A barter economy is one that does not possess _______.
3 q! K- l9 e$ `: ?/ GA. any wealth
& }/ A, u- A, ^" Y8 K" CB. printed currency
  \( b- ?& p3 ~7 D) vC. a medium of exchange
  n. P7 R0 {$ d2 D( a) B  OD. gold% Z4 n& W1 g0 Y* C4 M

; E6 m) _: t# x1 s5 _: p10. Which of the following is not true of airway bill? ______." @+ r2 p2 a& h! F3 v+ y$ ]/ |
A. When goods are delivered to the airline, the airway bill is signed by them or their agents as a receipt of the goods
, y! z  p, @. Y: e; }1 d% Q' QB. Airway bill is a document of title to the goods% m  p9 Q/ H3 U" m
C. Airway bill may also provide evidence of despatch of the goods where it has been stamped indicating details of the relevant flight/ b  O' e* K. F
D. None of the above* a) N$ I  g5 V; c5 U3 F& K
答案:1.B 2.D 3.D 4.A 5.B 6.A 7.B 8.A 9.C 10.B
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-16 08:05:45 | 显示全部楼层

金融英语单选题—FECT(3)

11. The value of money varies _____.$ Z% F: ]9 d; D  c
A. directly with the unemployment rate
/ k- i9 f2 {, s# ^$ T9 V8 Q) B4 n$ uB. directly with the price level! E& t/ J) }7 L1 }0 ?6 O6 [
C. inversely with the unemployment - K4 `" M; p) a& M& x9 N
D. inversely with the price level
, C& o) ?1 }6 t, f* O: q
& g& K. e2 Y; B9 `  W0 u& Z12. The economics news on the television reports that the dollar has strengthened relative to the Japanese yen. This means that ______.  F, i; F+ p, h1 Z, K. f) k. n
A. the dollar has depreciated relative to the yen
0 i  a/ l0 P6 d, J7 C2 _B. the dollar can now purchase more yen % w. h% Z. f3 B( a8 z. @" Z
C. the yen can now purchase more dollars0 G" d+ Z3 ~1 i) |! j3 w/ @+ |
D. the US trade balance with the Japanese economy has improved0 M3 ?$ k0 A' a
. u. q( S- G6 B) c' z  Y' u
13. The theory of international exchange that holds that exchange rates are set so that the price of similar goods in different countries is the same is the ______.
, c* ~) r# Q6 YA. price feedback theory
0 K) ]; w! A! XB. trade feedback theory
% b8 f( S$ D0 @& S/ FC. purchasing power parity theory 7 t9 [8 k0 U5 n: U
D. J-curve theory! x+ P' `- k6 j; L
, c0 w* E" k  j8 I
14. According to the optimal portfolio theory, where should portfolios lie? ______.4 \7 y3 g! ~4 V- b* {/ G$ D' H
A. On the efficient frontier ( ~5 C: p# a' G) g2 Z; }2 C$ Q
B. Above the efficient frontier
5 U6 N5 {0 _9 E6 eC. Under the efficient frontier  N8 l7 d0 |7 V/ {
D. Anywhere, as long as the portfolio is diversified
" s* ~& d  ^/ O! e9 R: m& Q: ~' y
  z. Z" C7 h" V3 E; C15. Which of the following is not a user of management accounting information? ______.0 h; |+ |- F8 u  P
A. Store manager
4 Y; s$ U' r+ {1 h+ oB. Creditor
! j5 T& I8 I6 uC. CEO 1 z; m- t% E7 h, Q7 \) A
D. CFO
7 }  j) @+ Z$ n& @$ Y& n; u* w' u& z8 `) G
16. Based on the scenarios below, what is the expected return for a portfolio with the following return profile? ______.% c# u; x+ J. j3 @. u( h" n5 U
Market Condition; q3 O1 h, d8 p5 h/ E! O
bear Normal Bull
8 g" o( u' [, \: R5 _Probability 02 0.3 059 b7 L7 R3 J! O+ D& P1 M* m% N* M9 |1 m; E
Rate of return —25% 10% 24%
" ^5 I$ |7 t; ^9 e# dA. 4% 7 I) n. E% i0 q: [) G7 M
B. 10%
3 s# p+ {  ^" J+ f% qC. 20% $ O% S  b3 u6 J6 `% a! c3 s
D. 25%/ ^1 `$ j! j) @  ?

w) W" T; H. i) J7 cUse the following expectations on Stocks X and Y to answer questions 17 through 19 (round to the nearest percent).
, Y0 V5 X' c# e- L, w2 aBear Market Normal Market Bull Market9 m' p3 a2 }4 C
Probability 0.2 0.5 0.3" @4 n* q5 v" p/ c9 t
Stock X_ -20% 18% 50%. v7 l; ?( I: [  B7 k$ u. s% @( C0 Y
Stock Y -15% 20% 10%+ p# X/ I# e; H' P

7 T& d+ N8 _1 |9 [. o17. Financial markets serve to channel funds from ______.1 A6 y2 K+ X% k. w! ~7 W' a
A. the government to contractors
' A8 R0 ~$ @$ Z1 jB. investors to consumers6 \( x% A# `  |0 }0 N. l
C. consumers to producers - O7 d, c. H7 K8 ~1 |1 J
D. savers to investors 7 O( v) z2 o3 Y

' W  m/ d3 z  S/ z/ ?18. The agreements that were reached at the Bretton Woods conference in 1944 established a system .9 E; S2 p: i6 G- Y
A. of essentially fixed exchange rates under which each country agreed to intervene in the foreign exchange market when necessary to maintain the agreed-upon value of its currency 2 }& Q  d' u0 c0 C7 l
B. of floating exchange rates determined by the supply and demand of one nation's currency relative to the currency of other nations
. a% Y+ |* t+ V4 s# l/ bC. that prohibited governments from intervening in the foreign exchange markets2 ]3 W$ t# q! t, ?2 \3 U& n( R
D. in which the values of currencies were fixed in terms of a specific number of ounces of gold, which in turn determined their values in international trading" K5 m7 A3 D) z% l" n

. L) I, d* D& d# a' I1 e19. Which of the following statements is not consistent with generally accepted accounting principles relating to asset valuation? .* u7 D$ F/ \2 j7 d$ t: _) `. i' @
A. Assets are originally recorded in accounting records at their cost to the business entity, N( A! _) k/ Y* t+ n
B. Accountants prefer to base the valuation of assets upon objective, verifiable evidence rather than upon appraisals or personal opinion
5 w! T- U9 o  }, V! k9 eC. Accountants assume that assets such as office supplies, land and buildings will be used in business operations rather than sold at current market prices
" E. ~3 g9 H( m" X9 iD. Subtracting total liabilities from total assets indicates what the owner's equity in the business is worth under current market conditions
; Z" y: j% L1 O; S3 k# S
9 h# A: P6 Y3 p9 \) g( o; l) H9 N20. A fiscal expansion in the UK ______ the pound sterling.# y. y6 s+ S4 g: B
A. tends to appreciate
' ~9 Z+ V) C7 y( Q: b# sB. tends to depreciate
" Y- \% Q8 J6 B# aC. does not affect the price of
# K6 S. P% t7 v5 o9 K' uD. has no predictable effect on the price of5 ^" o; v5 h% D8 y

: K: {9 Y- b: V; i6 t答案:
& N! b! x$ u7 Z( W( Z' @% Z- G* E2 f11.D 12.B 13.C 14.A 15.B 16.B 17.A 18.A 19.D 20.A2 {7 m+ z: \& f$ ~
+ X  y+ Z. N1 q8 A; w" ?; u  {
</p>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-13 08:14 , Processed in 0.318542 second(s), 23 queries .