立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 124|回复: 1

[考试试题] 金融英语:模拟习题(3)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-16 08:05:44 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
1. The financial statements that are dated for a time period (rather than a specific time) are the .
4 |$ t+ l* b2 ~% I! k& m" nA. balance sheet and income statement" ^# X9 m% H0 D: F! w) n% ?" u2 j
B. income statement and statement of cash flows
3 b4 H( |' o# ]& V# \$ O7 b. ?3 QC. balance sheet and statement of owners' equity
1 ]8 S4 L( M3 |9 A8 {) VD. all of the above
8 I, P3 e- X2 M/ z! C2. Which of the following is an example of off-balance-sheet financing? ______.
, N6 y( v1 H- D! P) F$ UA. Operating lease' C0 x' M' a' y1 G: C( g
B. Debenture bonds& U& `+ A% d2 j0 `* _" Q) a
C. Current portion of long-term debt
, Z. i1 \; q) Z. }" v2 uD. Convertible bonds
7 ~9 \* y, P% q5 y5 S3. Borrowers can gain access to the surplus funds of savers ______.6 i) `# o' C+ d: ~8 s( o# Y
A. by issuing securities to savers
4 L2 M! e" U" G2 E/ u+ c3 tB. through financial intermediaries( W" A+ ]  U1 |7 K' D1 F2 N
C. by purchasing securities such as stocks and bonds* X; E* \: H2 Q: \3 o# L' _- n* A
D. all of the above8 B0 U& y' Q( t3 a
E. both A and B% w( F! T; Z( [3 M
4. Which of the following assets are most liquid? ______.
1 `, q+ i, f0 H: e: y" dA. High grade corporate bonds0 b; B/ K0 n; ]+ `. B1 U% j$ ^
B. Time" deposits( `5 E  z- |( X, C. K+ j& m
C. Stocks in General Electric Company& ^$ g" Q* J; ]' a
D. Passbook savings deposits- \! ~( @2 ]: M/ n: l% |! ?6 x
5. Secondary markets for securities .+ a. q! T' S! D3 c) [
A. deal only in bonds3 `/ m! J5 }; Z+ _3 f6 g+ \  v! `
B. are markets primarily for the initial sale of new issues
' ?* k7 I9 ^* L* l* K/ A+ eC. are markets for trading in outstanding debts and equity claims
: ?3 w  R$ h7 R8 I& U" x, i, @+ WD. are also called "investment banks"1 P7 u) ]2 T/ d) p; [
6. The concept of ______ is based on the common-sense notion that a dollar paid to you in the future is less valuable to you than a dollar today.
/ g) u& x' x4 D8 wA. future value
, i% z0 y8 r$ t% @+ B0 I. t( tB. present value( T- ?8 N0 t" G3 d
C. deflation
2 s5 M1 |4 L1 c' KD. interest1 e6 S0 R8 k' P' B4 B1 |
7. Which of the following would not result in a credit entry in the China's balance of payments? .  B1 B% W0 C+ p: ?& _5 s6 S
A. The sale of a piece of furniture to a business firm in Japan% u) Q/ f2 c- A# J7 ~3 ~( F# K. \
B. Interest and dividends paid on foreign investment in China
# U& W/ |7 G. z4 qC. Interests on a Chinese bank deposit in the United Kingdom. A, O! b' d" j, I
D. An increase in foreign investment in China
0 d: x8 o0 b* H! i: U6 _8. Futures contracts can be ______." j$ x0 ?) ]& C/ P7 k5 g
A. used as protection against large price swings! H$ y* j* k# u
B. countered by an offsetting purchase or sale
* U' e, R% B+ O2 p0 b) _. w  OC. participated by hedgers or speculators
8 i4 _6 h& W. [  K8 TD. all of the above3 z* d1 l# U( z5 `2 Z; O1 G
9. Suppose that you own a business and are considering expanding your productive capital through an increase in investment spending. You will invest only if ______.2 I+ n( _2 B8 o4 q. H
A. you are able to obtain the necessary funds at a low nominal interest rate) X8 C6 y: ^( S" W+ O9 J
B. the investment does not affect your cost of production
8 v2 g7 i  I/ p2 T; WC. the present value of future income exceeds the cost of the investment plus interest on any money that you must borrow
9 Z$ [  v  C, G4 E& l# h6 H; t( k! MD. you observe that your competitors are expanding their productive capital
2 P% T6 G, F3 A2 D- X& b/ e0 Q
1 F/ d" m. r* R  |3 n8 J10. If Y and V are constant, and M doubles, the quantity equation implies that the price level .0 W% B. q7 `% D4 ~3 N( p
A. more than doubles: ~- v, r3 M- t
B. less than doubles
+ A. y- K# u7 o) v: _C. doubles
- Y# `' u; e- c$ Q* ?D. might do any of the above1 E& Q: l/ s( z0 c4 ?
E. more information is needed
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-16 08:05:45 | 显示全部楼层

金融英语:模拟习题(3)

11. Posting is the process of transferring information from the ______.7 m% e" }) N8 T1 P" S
A. journal to the trial balance
5 T; u0 x' ?  u- c# p# H* {( ]B. ledger to the financial statements/ c: W+ f# J5 ?$ T& y) n, w  u+ p
C. ledger to the trial balance
9 Q' n/ e( F5 O/ E2 C+ I- k5 FD. journal to the ledger5 D; X3 u) R! D2 a
12. A long call option is ______.
' C/ g. c- Z2 w" k, j/ M1 |A. the right to buy the underlying instrument
- A5 H5 W5 a) k' `  C5 oB. the right to sell the underlying instrument
; Y# f4 o: {2 p1 w! x8 D: ~) C7 @7 YC. the obligation to buy the underlying instrument% ?* K7 n5 v1 D* g) v
D. the obligation to sell the underlying instrument/ R- F8 i( {7 q* g" D' E
13. Which of the following $1 000 face-value securities has the highest yield to maturity? ______.
( x% b; b. e0 l% M& PA. A 5% coupon bond selling for $1000
, q. ]. Y' x3 j4 A: aB. A 15% coupon bond selling for $1000- x1 ?$ ?6 u$ h2 e8 }* e: M
C. A 10% coupon bond selling for $1000
/ e; z5 B' [) S9 U2 j6 M- F$ nD. A 15% coupon bond selling for $9000 [+ V1 I% M/ d* C! x
14. When the price of a bond is ______ the equilibrium price, there is an excess demand of bonds and the price will ______.
5 K& I* q6 |1 J: DA. above...rise8 X: l/ i1 C" i9 ^3 k3 L+ Q
B. above...fall
7 U- s9 I* o! P  [C. below...fall' A  P/ B+ ~: s2 T  E
D. below...rise! t" R3 v  J, C. f6 n/ e
15. Which of the following accounts is not closed? ______.
$ z. U1 `5 s( h. q/ `7 tA. Supplies Expense4 {2 H. q: w8 ]9 F+ N$ k
B. Prepaid Insurance2 |) C/ W  d3 g
C. Interest Revenue9 f) ]. L$ Q2 u+ a2 r$ {+ c
D. Dividends5 j, ^" L; y% z8 X# Q: v
16. Which of the following instruments is traded in a capital market? ______.  T* A$ ~% I  X# i. L
A. Bankers acceptance, A: Q, J7 J+ U- e0 o$ N1 }5 s
B. S. Treasury Bill5 Q+ R3 O4 I; d
C. Eurodollar$ ?! ~' A$ w# a8 m
D. Commercial paper
+ x2 O, R5 L2 z4 e8 k& OE. None of the above
5 v& ~4 H5 A4 Q$ ?' Q- ]. k7 |0 N6 p17. Which of the following is generally true of all bonds? ______.' K7 U+ G& R( S( |9 R# E. w- O% r
A. The longer a bond maturity, the lower is the rate of return that occurs as a result of the increase in an interest rate
# D, ^8 \" J6 _. l2 X5 RB. Even though a bond has a substantial initial interest rate, its return can turn out to be negative if interest rates rise
& y8 h  k, s( p' F  |4 _6 e  E) fC. Prices and returns for long-term bonds are more volatile than those for shorter-term bonds
: n% W' `% \5 R& O6 s* M1 MD. All of the above
- ?% i: w4 j# ]  v0 b# D) N% a4 IE. Only A and B$ O9 A: V) E; y) o: m
18. According to the market segmentation theory of the term structure, ______.8 N6 }& {3 j% V7 b
A. investors' strong preference for short-term relative to long-term bonds explains why yield curves typically slope downward& y, H4 L+ Z! [# k$ Y% L. g
B. bonds of one maturity are not substitutes for bonds of other maturities; therefore, interest rates on bonds of different maturities do not move together over time
! D- L: h: B% ^3 [C. the interest rate for bonds of one maturity is determined by supply and demand for bonds of that maturity
& p% K. h6 [& {$ fD. all of the above, K- L( F0 q: a7 |
E. only B and C+ Q4 O, _$ i: k. ~" t8 Y
19. Successful financial intermediaries have higher earnings on their investments because they are better equipped than individuals to screen out good from bad risks, thereby reducing losses due to .+ A, J, \# h5 V+ c
A. moral hazard
# L9 d  Y0 k" e) [1 `8 }+ A8 m& [B. adverse selection7 j( \" n3 Q% Y/ m& Y/ `
C. bad luck
" N/ t) X+ [- `* S6 g; ID. financial panics 2 q, G* Y# N) R% ~; D4 q# ~2 b
20. A long-term debt instrument is best defined as one with maturity ______.
5 U8 V; _( b* r7 I7 V  eA. of more than one year
( \& A# {  r* p( Z# ^5 H& @B. of more than five years
1 d, v! ?+ J9 p5 I, \C. of more than ten years
' x* V4 r$ z* H9 m# w& Q& uD. of thirty years or more
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-10 20:25 , Processed in 0.192633 second(s), 23 queries .