立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 87|回复: 1

[考试试题] 金融英语:模拟习题(2)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-16 08:05:44 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
1. The holder of preference shares has preference over the ordinary shareholders under the following circumstance: _______.
5 Q: d) n4 B3 Y  r' b8 v. TA. his voting rights are considered more important
! C) z5 D/ o! WB. he has the greater right in choosing the board of directors" I' D  Z3 V" Y( Z- H7 ^
C. he receives his dividend before the ordinary shareholder' r& ^0 k/ J; G- f1 d$ E
D. he has the right to buy ordinary shares more cheaply$ z0 S0 d1 w% \$ G9 a, O
2. What are the two major accounts in the balance of payments? ______.
- l, s: a1 P) S0 F1 O' t# RA. Current account and fixed account 7 h% l$ p* g* c8 E
B. Capital account and deposit account( o7 U  u2 @7 T! C# f" P6 W( X
C. Capital account and current account2 V) e" a+ m8 L% }
D. The account recording transfer payment and the account including an offsetting transaction
5 J) \: q  B; ], Y0 s6 V: f+ a3. Which of the following is not a financial instrument? ______.5 o: i" F/ e" P: M& n8 F  Q
A. Treasury bills
0 \+ V5 y: q3 T" e: t) bB. Real estate5 T  K9 h: J' g, D4 @' H
C. Mortgages
" j2 E6 f6 a. q; ^, m; B1 k7 {- QD. Stocks
0 p  B1 I5 y% a0 h1 s/ K6 @% D4. The yield to maturity on a bond is ______.. Y6 |& K: A: f, P
A. below the coupon rate when the bond sells at a discount, and above the coupon rate when the bond sells at a premium  s' H, ?) W$ o; J$ H: M& Y' @
B. the discount rate that set the present value of the payments equal to the bond price/ C: j. w3 r) U' I' o: X6 u
C. the current yield plus the average annual capital gain rate
; q" V: W1 x* ^" P% ?D. based on the assumption that any payments received are reinvested at the coupon rate
" Q4 h$ M4 V- s* b& z$ R! O6 P6 Z3 Q5. The annual interest paid on a bond relative to its prevailing market price is called its ______.
/ V' A# s1 m0 dA. promised yield
; Q4 Y% {) ]' z9 }) `. Y/ y3 K) JB. yield to maturity
! V0 F# `; N5 ^, TC. coupon rate
0 S! q% I& x' n& ~) kD. current yield4 f- {0 d) B/ i) E! K4 t
6. Rapid increases in the price level during periods of recession or high unemployment are known as .9 j4 y" C. g# o$ w/ W
A. stagnation
7 v; N( z7 B' ?+ S! n/ f& dB. stagflation( ~* U  x1 _% o( D7 r. G1 h5 s
C. slump% f4 [( e: {( K7 ~9 l
D. inflation
$ w' i" r; M" i5 a3 Q& Z# a" N7. A person who left his/her job to look for another job would be classified as ______." h: s6 s5 T/ l  U& _; O  v3 P
A. structurally unemployed
3 J- V8 z$ V. tB. cyclically unemployed7 b' i* G: U, M* k8 L7 r" |
C. frictionally unemployed6 i2 i8 E: e( J3 N
D. no longer in the labor force# ?; J4 L/ F- B+ C! q
8. Which of the following is not included in a statement of owner's equity? ______.来源:
( g8 a' v7 r* R. sA. Net income
3 I+ i& d3 [7 y4 D( m1 @5 i2 rB. Unearned revenue* h. ?0 J8 n6 T% Z  {
C. Dividend
# y( X: m: @6 ND. Retained earning: _- s4 ^- r) P) M4 c! f
9. If the Federal Reserve sells bonds and Congress cuts taxes and increases government spending,then the U.S. government has ______.9 }" a) L; X+ g8 @! [* o: U
A. expansionary monetary policy and contractionary fiscal policy
5 N* G; s8 X/ s' v2 n- n# J9 CB. contractionary monetary policy and expansionary fiscal policy
0 A/ N' a0 P  Q+ \/ W4 v# fC. expansionary monetary policy and expansionary fiscal policy7 Y( G& g. w6 v2 K" E; v+ z( D
D. ontractionary monetary policy and contractionary fiscal policy # k6 l: [8 O  T
# d# B0 Q9 k9 B( A' ?* c
10. As the real wage rises, the substitution effect causes the worker to consume more ______ and less ______.& j" @  f3 G0 k# `( n
A. leisure...work
; k6 ~. x" n& x4 g" \B. work...leisure
8 Q8 s8 r, \* ^2 A3 k: LC. work...of all of other goods
" d# P- u3 I/ n, G5 K6 S& VD. leisure...of all other goods
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-16 08:05:45 | 显示全部楼层

金融英语:模拟习题(2)

11. The federal funds rate is the interest rate ______.1 [/ W, ^* c' r: |
A. on overnight loans of reserves between banks
" N$ R) S7 z2 Q( p# wB. the government pays when borrowing from banks6 _$ y' k3 _: w4 M* i2 b0 A
C. on government debt
! W4 `5 `& I& s, b0 dD. both A and B: {/ u1 e5 @6 L# E: U8 a% }7 E4 N
12. A consumer's indifference curve shows ______.
3 W' [. V- u, T2 W' Z$ zA. all combinations of two products that a consumer can use
$ t4 M8 G2 o  P+ n& n( o* Z, @B. all combinations of two products that yield the same total satisfaction to the consumer
' i& L8 J+ Y  O6 @8 p+ MC. all combinations of two goods that the consumer can purchase with disposable persona income
0 x: _' U) u  M. N) e! {! QD. equal income for consumption# L/ T5 R" X. R! ~$ T( J
13. The value of any investment is found by computing ______.
. z# y* {( G# @) qA. the future value of all future expenses
: T3 g0 g. O) o, i- F2 L% B( s1 RB. the future value of all sales
& M4 C! R- q3 B8 r9 {C. the present value of all future liabilities  _; K% Q6 z; F
D. the present value of all cash flows( c+ p2 s6 i# ~+ U
14. A "base" or "high-powered" money is distinguished from other types of money by the fact that it .5 i) U) j* M8 ~$ _3 E% w6 T
A. always consists of central-bank liabilities
: F6 K8 L: C4 p0 e; CB. always consists of assets that can serve as commercial bank cash reserves' j6 y9 p" q/ ?! Q
C. always consists of gold coin" b3 g) F0 u/ Y* y
D. must be a "fiat" money
3 ]5 i: ~! V9 r, W6 J! n; e15. The relationship between interest rates on various bonds, and the time to (heir maturity is called the ______ structure of interest rates.3 r! E/ A4 s7 V  z$ I" X* T
A. chronological0 u: k  b: X8 x% t8 {) D9 G$ C
B. term) n9 k& b" @8 x' Y& N( A
C. risk" p' r1 h* ]& M# y
D. liquidity8 o& m  A9 ^4 v/ L. Q+ U' Q# t
16. An example of an investment pool is ______.4 y! u3 j7 B, }% B1 @5 m
A. a savings and loan association
5 ?$ p1 f* s* `6 jB. a life insurance company
( V3 Z: P( K* T- o% b* hC. a finance company
" w, p2 F0 M8 O' X& ]D. a mutual fund
& n" L6 M; S  j17. Sustained downward movements in the business cycle are referred to as ______.
9 P* o0 z1 ~. WA. recessions
# P- R0 K2 d4 U! B2 KB. economic recoveries
# q2 O0 E" `2 Q5 v4 T( aC. inflation
7 Q! N8 M/ N6 x3 \& U5 B) @D. expansions. K  }" t) n9 \
18. _____ offers a wide spectrum of personal services to wealthy clients who may have little knowledge of how to handle their own financial affairs or who are too busy.# X2 `" I& E1 e& r+ s6 Q
A. A private bank# j/ r) }& B! ?7 S, G7 }
B. Private banking
. h/ h6 K; n. A9 JC. Personal banking# `/ ]8 }. N& H2 r6 ]
D. Retail banking0 Z' V% _# c  W4 ~9 \+ Q
19. Which of the following can be described as involving direct finance? ______.. [/ G' X1 ?) k( ^7 d9 D
A. A pension fund manager buys a short-term corporate security in the secondary market" H1 a2 O4 \' L4 W' i9 Q& u/ U- i2 F
B. People buy shares in a mutual fund6 _' _  g* l6 i6 ^: o5 R
C. A corporation issues new shares of stock
  t0 P2 u. p* r7 G. gD. An insurance company buys shares of common stock in the over-the-counter markets.
3 N6 v2 q7 U& C" u20. A call option gives the owner the right to ______.- T8 P( C0 r& ?/ q
A. sell the underlying asset at a fixed price
& d6 C- a3 Y2 |+ O" FB. buy the underlying asset at a fixed price0 d; d2 M( W1 S4 f& V
C. convert the underlying asset at a fixed price, }0 x4 S$ A" k. r& A3 H2 v3 l" ~
D. take delivery of the underlying asset at a fixed price
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-10 12:27 , Processed in 0.204147 second(s), 23 queries .