立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 92|回复: 1

[考试试题] 财会英语FECT模拟练习题

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-16 08:05:44 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  1. Which of the following is not a function of money? ______. A. To act as a medium of exchange
2 L& F; @) p$ h8 z  B. To act as a unit of account. i* m% d  y, R0 i/ l# D
  C. To act as a store of value
1 ]$ Q- {4 E' k8 ]5 G6 W' d: r  D. To provide a double coincidence of wants2 y$ S# L4 L8 A0 H- n3 e6 ]0 s
  E. To act as a means of payment1 j4 n: f# O4 Y( b' B
  2. The price in the foreign exchange market is called ______.
" v/ @9 K) j& V4 p8 s. _  e  A. the trade surplus
1 a6 N& ]& i1 D  b& J! ^  B. the exchange rate
4 ~# G9 I# ?/ D* \+ h# U  C. the money price
) V  h7 s9 C8 j0 w  b7 L  D. the currency rate
4 y, X5 g2 i9 _; u. Q# G% C5 I6 Q  3. Market risk refers to the risk of______.0 X" E) j; j. [4 I0 x' S' Z
  A. financial prices fluctuations5 z4 M7 \0 ]- I, w
  B. default) I" ~. _. O0 w
  C. fraud5 f" `9 ^6 Z# q2 [5 g
  D. deferred payments
$ C4 _/ O9 U, _& M5 D  4. Which of the following is not among the generally accepted accounting principles? ______.! x  g/ s8 `% b% [8 d
  A. Cash basis
  q1 c- O. V5 A5 J8 r: K  B. Prudence
* \" L* D4 J5 l- e! P) p# A  C. Consistency
/ [6 D$ s( W1 I) I$ z1 G- p7 e. r  D. Going concern8 }5 \! A# _3 W# L1 O/ ?3 u
  E. Money measurement.6 z5 V. }' w! s: ^+ i4 I3 \
  5. What is a documentary letter of credit? ______.0 b9 y! x* U  Q& n: P4 I, s# _) ]
  A. A conditional bank undertaking to pay an exporter on production of stipulated documentation( A) O. A3 ~9 L( p+ B
  B. A method of lending against documentary security1 Z. L8 O. Q0 d$ B+ L
  C. An international trade settlement system biased in favour of importers
. x  m9 h8 r5 u3 m  D. All of the above; Z# D7 {, E- T2 D9 h& E8 g
  6. Holding a group of assets reduces risk as long as the assets ______.
. i! D  r+ |" U( h' t1 [4 m  A. are perfectly correlated
; _+ P" J8 F% X' O/ c" n8 \  B. are completely independent; H, C+ y$ ~9 n
  C. do not have precisely the same pattern of returns# ~7 w) `$ B" r$ t/ G: `
  D. have a correlation coefficient greater than one
$ j, I& b' e8 O0 |0 L7 N  7. An amount, payable in money goods, or service, owed by a business to a creditor, is known as a/an .  c: L/ o& i- f0 Y+ [
  A. liability& w# W* _' F# I' d6 K7 b# \
  B. debt# O. `# Q- `7 o' \# W. f: r
  C. equity* O. G$ l8 j9 v  V
  D. asset
  ~" z5 }' a5 H5 o  O* P7 I  8. What function is money serving when you buy a ticket to a movie? ______.
% G; ~  X% o9 {: W  A. store of value3 ~2 m" D* e+ H! y3 q' I
  B. a medium of exchange
% s, [- T3 u/ C5 X. R% [) @  C. transaction demand
/ a& d' @. u+ `# a8 {& g# V  D. a unit of account
. g8 k& ^# @. Q3 H( }  9. If foreigners expect that the future price of sterling will be lower, the ______.. E2 Y1 h) V( [3 w9 r. L3 c
  A. supply of sterling will increase, demand for sterling will fall, and the exchange rate will fall
2 _& `! r* [3 l7 ]: E9 z  B. supply of sterling will increase, demand for sterling will rise, and the exchange rate may or may not increase
; ?- n1 g3 m% x  M  C. supply of sterling will fall, demand for sterling will increase, and the exchange rate will rise! A' N! T5 ]8 p2 K6 l! J* d6 k
  D. supply of sterling will fall, demand for sterling will fall, and the exchange rate may or may not fall
8 G  W0 R" m) j( T% s* X  10. The documentary collection provides the seller with a greater degree of protection than shipping on ______.
) \. Y8 N# U; @& U* a  A. open account. w) s' w& m" d$ T+ o
  B. bank’s letter of guarantee' a" {+ s0 D0 Z5 P# y5 m( ^  s
  C. banker’s draft
6 ~6 g, M! Y2 t( G3 ]  D. documentary credit" c  B- l: F* l2 w$ P: u
  11. Which of the following statements is not true of central banks? ______.5 u- w  b, E' W" ~, h* h
  A. They pay the government’s salaries
5 X3 |% I" Q! ^$ p  B. They always undertake the regulation of the banking system  M# y# c5 ^4 w* F; j' l+ g, x
  C. They are always the lender of last resort4 g9 K" g, f3 @% }% `
  D. None of the above  F7 a: E0 e* c" f2 ?
  12. When GBP/USD rate goes from 1.6150 to 1.8500, we say the dollar ______.( x# B, f# v7 P4 K; G' c2 J
  A. appreciates by 12.70%
' N0 {* F6 r! [/ j! |) h/ Q- B  B. depreciates by 14.55%) g9 C. w* W5 f% Z/ P- i
  C. depreciates by 12.70%; z" s6 V: Z6 O( H# i( S4 \
  D. appreciates by 14.55%
8 f! c: T$ `3 H. U# J  13. According to diversification principle in investment, suppose you invest Stock X and Stock Y with equal funds, which of the following is not true? ______.  u4 t0 \/ W& I1 E) w" Q
  A. If X and Y are totally independent with each other, the risk of the portfolio is reduced2 l9 [7 T2 k+ i9 D! b: j
  B. If X and Y are perfectly negatively correlated, the risk of the portfolio is perfectly offset; h" J& X7 f% A$ `
  C. If X and Y are perfectly positively correlated, the risk of the portfolio is neither reduced nor increased  k: a* q6 ]( _% H6 F8 }# v4 {
  D. If X and Y are perfectly negatively correlated, the risk of the portfolio is neither reduced nor increased
( N+ X4 C' a& A1 x- F  14. These are four main methods of securing payment in international trade:, T% S+ {' k: E9 K8 l+ Q+ v2 f
  payment under documentary credit9 C* E# e. i5 q: O6 Y$ Y# v
  open account
- e7 K  W; F. b1 i  w, G  collection, that is document against payment or acceptance of a bill of exchange$ I  O7 |, a+ S/ F4 e$ u- ?1 v" S
  payment in advance
; d7 T* m4 k& V- H8 \  From an exporter’s point of view, the order of preference is ______.& {, f% S9 ^4 x5 d! w" u& f7 S9 ^$ g
  A.,,,2 O- E- [' u: b2 N. |$ [+ ^+ i
  B.,,,
) l/ P! y8 v3 e& X  C.,,,$ s+ ?+ D- d$ p7 A* Z1 H
  D.,,,
( i. |1 C3 P& O9 u. L  15. The main liability on a bank balance sheet is ______.' E) M  t/ x: q5 t) j
  A. deposits2 d$ l' P5 f+ k2 N4 z8 {
  B. capital and reserves
& D5 X$ N- z) C: _  C. loans and overdrafts
- s! o6 u: q2 o% x5 M  D. cash) i- S2 r8 g, ^2 ]
  16. ______ shows that net income for a specified period of time and how it was calculated.( Z2 ~6 w6 S8 K/ c: P
  A. The income statement2 f5 M8 @# A. L6 ?9 D
  B. The capital statement
" `7 r1 \8 Z! V# Y1 _3 T  C. The accounting statement
% w: Q3 y$ O' `$ o% o  D. The statement of financial condition
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-16 08:05:45 | 显示全部楼层

财会英语FECT模拟练习题

17. Why must the liabilities and assets of a bank be actively managed? ______.- R6 p" r7 q6 h: F! Q" F4 Q
  A. Because assets and liabilities are not evenly matched on the same time scale
- E0 b) N; K5 b* m2 k( H1 ?  B. Because assets and liabilities are evenly matched  Q# L1 d7 I( ]. ^- G9 B
  C. Because the interbank market uses LIBOR
; }; [0 [- ~) o! C1 e* o/ s  D. Because assets and liabilities can be underwritten
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-10 17:04 , Processed in 0.275586 second(s), 23 queries .