立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 97|回复: 1

[考试试题] 练习:ChoosetheBestAnswer[1]

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-16 08:05:44 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  . In general, the more liquid an asset the ______.
* t; k, _9 Y4 [5 h3 W/ P  A. less it is likely to yield
; h( q& D9 x* w' z, ?  B. greater its risk of default5 T) j+ q% W9 \* r# U0 L: G
  C. lower its market price will be+ ]% |% v) F  M2 Q
  D. more it will add to bank profits( `: y9 U" l. t# s& ^1 J
  2. The interest rate printed on the face of a bond is called the ______.( U( ?2 _7 Q2 r8 Y
  A. coupon rate5 b& |5 b" T, O- z; }
  B. prime rate: k  @. Z+ y/ {! K- x5 m
  C. printed rate
& _5 H- M2 ^: f$ d- I- Q  D. nominal rate
- d; N: b" J0 \2 A" z3 `0 i  3. A rise in interest rates leads to ______.
- k% H& R- J6 M* d  W$ g  A. capital gains for bondholders
5 Y) }3 S! D- P  B. capital losses for bondholders
# T5 B: W1 f6 v( h, L9 v( n  C. income gains for bondholders2 d# l/ l  V1 i9 O
  D. income losses for bondholders* x  v# v8 S. q6 C3 [
  4. If the reserve requirement ratio were equal to zero, then ______.
8 U4 ^, D% p* N3 v$ N  A. the deposit multiplier would be infinitely large
% r7 F  H) b: q- Y; ~7 z* N1 V  B. required reserves would be equal to zero9 H" c* N2 E& ~- \
  C. the banking system would theoretically be able to create an infinitely large amount of demand deposits  {6 @/ j/ q; ?% H- V5 O1 m
  D. all of the above9 f7 a' s5 f" Z: U
  5. Financial intermediaries' primary function in financial markets is to serve as ______.
9 L8 \3 V5 p/ B. e: }$ o* h6 v- P  A. ultimate borrowers& B/ _, [6 v0 w) f6 Z, w" X
  B. ultimate lenders
! T2 ]" t4 p9 P2 V, E4 ^0 `6 M( K. N, V  C. ultimate savers
+ M. L+ I2 H' l4 ~- p. _9 b) X  D. middlemen! X5 a+ O8 Y+ d
  6. Suppose the Fed buys $10 million in government securities from a commercial bank. If the required reserve ratio is 0.25, what is the maximum amount by which checkable deposits in the banking system can change______.$ y. V* |' T9 v. ?9 I
  A. +$100000001 U( N3 o3 ^' Z" B
  B. +$25000000
0 @2 V1 b5 }1 F1 u* i4 Q, _5 W  C. +$400000002 Z! q  q' }. }* q7 w% U
  D. -$40000000
# y& q1 X* j6 p# G: e# j  7. Suppose the annualized yield on a 91-day Treasury bill is 1.25%. If you invested $10 000 in this bill, how much would you have to pay for this security______.
, \' n+ x3 N% \  A. $11 250! P% l! t- A* S4 X7 N
  B. $10012.504 G) P: f( w  G" C! f
  C. $9998.75! S& s+ u- d+ p. D+ T
  D. $9968.93+ f% S- M* C! h: ~
  8. Who are the first to bear financial losses incurred by the bank______.% ]3 ^1 U2 Y2 m. c  o1 W) U
  A. The depositors. o. c0 o! h9 D7 l
  B. The debtors. d2 S9 E! h; H! b2 X
  C. The bank capital shareholders5 m0 x( L) D: G% m
  D. The bank employees% f( q8 H6 Q5 t1 b4 N
  9. A government is faced with a balance of payments deficit. It may take action to deal with this by doing all of the following except ______.# y1 o* h0 A* e1 P, R/ E
  A. devalue the currency
' F1 B2 ?4 d+ c  B. reduce interest rates" T1 B' z9 I0 }7 O5 E
  C. restrict consumer spending
6 {) E8 X6 d9 Z8 p- }" T  D. restrict imports0 c3 F" j! d5 I" ^
  10. According to the principle of comparative advantage, countries ______.
0 t6 f$ c, K( N  A. should specialize in producing goods they have lower opportunity cost for4 P* B7 k7 q- m  |9 {$ z
  B. should export goods they can produce at lower input costs
( {* Z4 I' P% D( Z, q# J- V/ m  C. will specialize in producing goods which they can produce at lower input costs
0 d% h" |9 V5 v5 ^+ t# L& G! p7 c% x" s  D. should specialize in producing goods they have lower absolute costs for
6 p3 T! f/ j' P; v7 m% O5 j7 E  11. A currency depreciation on the foreign exchange market will ______.
+ v5 O2 l; ^/ \  A. encourage imports to the country whose currency has depreciated' d$ P2 T# K; X+ G" S( Y% O- O! s) s
  B. discourage imports to the country whose currency has depreciated$ s8 d8 A* i, Y+ F9 }  X
  C. discourage exports to the country whose currency has depreciated$ ]! C1 C- E) ?( o
  D. encourage foreign travel by the citizens of the country whose currency has depreciated
9 z- P; l9 U- s6 f* p! @( |- |  12. The difference between fiscal policy and monetary policy is that ______.
3 r# O/ h5 a' \/ N' ^" i  A. fiscal policy is macroeconomic policy and monetary policy is microeconomic policy' C! q4 y- v6 Y/ |3 U4 P
  B. monetary policy is macroeconomic policy and fiscal policy is microeconomic policy
, q& ?, S) L9 V- s9 N  C. fiscal policy involves regulation of natural monopolies and monetary policy involves the provision of public goods  v5 {+ _6 \: P( i* a% U
  D. monetary policy involves regulation of the money supply and fiscal policy involves government spending and taxing
$ y0 L: |% J; i" j  13. When economists speak of the utility of a certain good, they are referring to ______.- }( \- R0 b8 w' D4 S; ]! y9 e
  A. the demand for the good
9 B4 G+ S" x, V' w7 P7 I- v, a  B. the usefulness of the good in consumption* t2 z1 L5 E; K
  C. the satisfaction gained from consuming the good1 L* p6 t0 W( `
  D. the rate at which consumers are willing to exchange one good for another
2 a  e0 a% N" q8 M5 e& W3 U  14. How are financial ratios used in decision making______.8 ?2 |, X7 b- o* l7 I
  A. They remove the uncertainty of the business environment. {; e( x( W0 S. k- u
  B. They give clear signals about the appropriate action to take
. m" ^7 L# a& e5 X* Y/ P( l  C. They can help identify the reasons for success and failure in business, but decision making requires information beyond the ratios
" Q' W3 I4 ]( P& P  D. They aren't useful because decision making is too complex.
5 |0 L# h5 H) W8 r% ^; J  15. A good is called an inferior good if sales ______.& F5 ~. K" A( f7 P0 ^+ s
  A. are unaffected by income: B, w& U$ {) i3 L% h. o) S
  B. rise as price increases+ h6 H* x( b3 I. |& l
  C. decline as price increases
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-16 08:05:45 | 显示全部楼层

练习:ChoosetheBestAnswer[1]

D. decline as income increases' j2 y5 M3 @' B7 P. V
  16. Interest rates are made up of ______.
) ~! s4 E# ]+ v( _  A. the real rate and the inflation premium( _! P& e0 W: q" u/ z% e9 I
  B. the risk-free rate and the period rate9 C; D  l6 u% ]6 x4 a! ?% B
  C. the risk premium8 K8 {( k4 P! _& }" k
  D. A and C: l0 t  l2 \& v2 u
  E. B and C
, L. r0 {; P2 R1 o  E  17. Most stocks are traded on ______.* |( i6 I( h( Y
  A. primary markets
: o  y  j5 a/ t% r% g: G1 L3 d  B. secondary markets
1 K8 A- v4 n2 I- j7 w  C. credit markets
. e( P6 V/ O& Y  D. capital markets6 ?7 [, N" d% z( K; N3 K
  18. The president or CEO of a corporation reports to ______.
0 O, p0 Z% z4 R& t. N, q7 m  A. the treasurer9 l' _! L5 E+ ~! w; c) Y
  B. the CFO
. |0 o7 B! ~- i  C. the board of directors1 X/ v. ]; R6 a( P
  D. the shareholders
, b3 H* j' b7 f% G& U# J  19. Term structure of interest rates refers to the relationship between ______.- I* [1 g. b5 D/ a; g6 g9 H
  A. interest rates of different terms7 @# q2 {* h$ _' T) C) n' A/ |, G% y
  B. risky and riskless securities
; Q2 X$ ^5 \& y; N  C. the real rate of return and the inflation premium( T, `) q+ ?! q5 u: q6 I+ F
  D. increase profits
( E/ V. I1 m  W  X  v! F  20. The demand deposit expansion multiplier is determined by ______.
" T6 q& R7 e4 f- x/ C0 n  A. the amount of excess reserves in the banking system
% |" b# ], H( j1 b8 t% J" l  B. the ratio of bank assets to bank liabilities
9 A: n0 d# C7 `% z# {7 O  ^  C. the prime rate of interest
* r" z6 i1 G/ g. Q. |/ m! ^  D. the required reserve ratio
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-10 12:16 , Processed in 0.233090 second(s), 23 queries .