立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 142|回复: 1

[考试试题] 练习:ChoosetheBestAnswer[3]

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-16 08:05:44 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  1. The financial statements that are dated for a time period (rather than a specific time) are the .
  h: M  X' I$ B% e  A. balance sheet and income statement; Z2 R5 M* A" R1 o
  B. income statement and statement of cash flows
+ J. T- V4 s+ o% [9 A# E. H  C. balance sheet and statement of owners' equity
- c0 R- D. S. b7 v5 ^( i7 B  D. all of the above
, |8 d/ `/ D, ]* M  2. Which of the following is an example of off-balance-sheet financing______.% x4 K; \" `7 Y. n* a( c' |" N# U+ s
  A. Operating lease, }8 a7 O) q$ z# a/ J; t
  B. Debenture bonds
' K* B+ v+ ^6 o  C. Current portion of long-term debt
! z9 Q8 g% @& j9 L8 B  D. Convertible bonds
) Q2 Y7 W2 J, Y  3. Borrowers can gain access to the surplus funds of savers ______.
# |/ r2 g5 G9 k3 ~) {( m  A. by issuing securities to savers
/ q) f/ O. P: ]' o  B. through financial intermediaries  f5 m! ?% B& b: f/ m
  C. by purchasing securities such as stocks and bonds
5 z7 H1 B3 L3 h. d8 C2 p1 M  D. all of the above
2 _/ `% ?: n3 I8 O' X, m) e  E. both A and B/ R- I( t% s  K5 C: F' u
  4. Which of the following assets are most liquid______.1 R  B) {# i5 Q+ Q
  A. High grade corporate bonds5 A9 J( h- Q. ?( y/ F0 i; h1 W( w
  B. Time" deposits  h% C5 Y! G/ y% f) L
  C. Stocks in General Electric Company
$ h, j7 b6 i: A9 o1 a$ ~  D. Passbook savings deposits0 }0 T9 p* }3 Z. g) [
  5. Secondary markets for securities .
2 k& l9 m& P% l5 ~" i6 I1 [  A. deal only in bonds( ~& I9 c8 d7 O1 [2 v( j: X% g
  B. are markets primarily for the initial sale of new issues# T* P* w$ s( m; a: |; T$ _( E
  C. are markets for trading in outstanding debts and equity claims+ }2 Y1 @9 x, |- f
  D. are also called "investment banks"
) ~- s  e, R( v0 v  6. The concept of ______ is based on the common-sense notion that a dollar paid to you in the future is less valuable to you than a dollar today.4 ^3 _- V8 B& ^# ~1 P( t
  A. future value6 l* r. w7 ?+ G: W
  B. present value  U" M3 U; X- E4 N; x, S) c
  C. deflation: G% d' E4 ], [( B  `) [* u
  D. interest
0 R1 U" H1 ]  B( y" y  7. Which of the following would not result in a credit entry in the China's balance of payments.3 u. e) w' j9 ]
  A. The sale of a piece of furniture to a business firm in Japan
4 b# G- @; O% }6 u& f% V" W  B. Interest and dividends paid on foreign investment in China
- j) g; ]9 {+ L; ~- E) g  C. Interests on a Chinese bank deposit in the United Kingdom
4 c4 c3 q4 c% o3 {( C% i% H1 u  D. An increase in foreign investment in China! L  t8 A  @0 q3 m
  8. Futures contracts can be ______.
+ w- [2 V6 M/ o% \+ m: ~  A. used as protection against large price swings5 B' |4 R" t, @( P+ Y0 ?
  B. countered by an offsetting purchase or sale
+ g2 g; k2 H( q* h2 r% o  C. participated by hedgers or speculators2 v7 _7 O5 j$ G
  D. all of the above
2 G+ |( B. l! q8 G  9. Suppose that you own a business and are considering expanding your productive capital through an increase in investment spending. You will invest only if ______.$ T+ h7 r4 m& n# V2 M, k( w1 z+ M& F
  A. you are able to obtain the necessary funds at a low nominal interest rate
* A# Y  h% W, D% D  B. the investment does not affect your cost of production
8 G/ a0 _2 z5 r2 k: i, k4 G  i  C. the present value of future income exceeds the cost of the investment plus interest on any money that you must borrow
4 q3 C2 Z8 ?* g% @4 F( o( K  t  D. you observe that your competitors are expanding their productive capital% i% ~% z, P, L! d; H7 x
  10. If Y and V are constant, and M doubles, the quantity equation implies that the price level .$ g( C3 k. E6 v7 f* l1 q( q
  A. more than doubles/ z- Q1 y3 [* f; z3 M
  B. less than doubles
+ B- a; V$ M/ c) Z  C. doubles1 y" _( J7 G% E: C$ l% [0 X1 K
  D. might do any of the above8 n1 v- K2 j) ?/ _
  E. more information is needed
9 P" \+ ]  ~1 O8 i" e5 e! M$ P: W! W  11. Posting is the process of transferring information from the ______.
$ |" K2 d+ t7 [% [/ B  A. journal to the trial balance
) l! ^% k4 e3 n  B. ledger to the financial statements
% p2 o! P' \% J$ F$ p  C. ledger to the trial balance
- ~: y  O0 ~+ U2 J  D. journal to the ledger- j7 d: u- i: \: Z9 z* w
  12. A long call option is ______.
0 \6 u/ n+ e4 [' d6 M9 f  A. the right to buy the underlying instrument
" ]; r  [1 A$ I8 m5 o5 ^3 Q- k# O! }; I  B. the right to sell the underlying instrument! X' Y3 Y$ ]0 o1 ]
  C. the obligation to buy the underlying instrument
- B6 l8 s8 m' x/ Y  D. the obligation to sell the underlying instrument$ F1 H, n5 k, `; @8 O
  13. Which of the following $1 000 face-value securities has the highest yield to maturity______.% j+ z" i; N0 Q
  A. A 5% coupon bond selling for $1 000
- ?" c' q2 [3 S9 r" ]9 x/ i6 v, K  B. A 15% coupon bond selling for $1 000
1 t$ @  ?9 \" F% Z% }( z+ _  C. A 10% coupon bond selling for $1 000
0 M/ ]% I' M: o; l& o. t  D. A 15% coupon bond selling for $900: v! ]- E1 N3 w8 S. _" ?- k" o
  14. When the price of a bond is ______ the equilibrium price, there is an excess demand of bonds and the price will ______.; F$ y  _* A" n; D: m
  A. above... rise; i) E3 Z8 X* F8 U, j; {1 Z
  B. above... fall  V- i! K9 d: r8 M1 H% c
  C. below...fall9 E+ f9 s! k9 p' K. A
  D. below...rise
; I# X- q, P( ^1 g$ p- c! K  15. Which of the following accounts is not closed______.
3 J: K4 s7 m4 U" x: P. A' E  A. Supplies Expense
7 t! Y1 G' G# |  B. Prepaid Insurance; O5 D, o/ ?0 o* S; s4 _0 v
  C. Interest Revenue0 B& o3 r8 D7 c# ]1 N; o  K! h
  D. Dividends# E- F0 j2 T$ H, z& d
  16. Which of the following instruments is traded in a capital market______.! k/ F" o+ ?" \4 i0 i
  A. Bankers acceptance
5 M7 N/ _. {3 i/ d6 }' B  B. S. Treasury Bill7 n$ r3 P0 u- b7 q' Z1 w
  C. Eurodollar
! \( k' y  f$ a( x1 }  D. Commercial paper! m7 t/ w' @1 k6 j) T' O, j
  E. None of the above# u: |& r+ M6 k, v
  17. Which of the following is generally true of all bonds______./ b  Q6 L; ?$ s5 v
  A. The longer a bond maturity, the lower is the rate of return that occurs as a result of the increase in an interest rate
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-16 08:05:45 | 显示全部楼层

练习:ChoosetheBestAnswer[3]

B. Even though a bond has a substantial initial interest rate, its return can turn out to be negative if interest rates rise
8 o3 B1 p6 Y) m1 X5 }" ?  C. Prices and returns for long-term bonds are more volatile than those for shorter-term bonds: \# _8 V& ?/ C. E! o5 x
  D. All of the above
0 d4 V" U8 m! c6 V1 F  Q: O$ O  E. Only A and B! e4 }  J- [' S3 x: L
  18. According to the market segmentation theory of the term structure, ______.' O9 j* K) U  \, |6 R
  A. investors' strong preference for short-term relative to long-term bonds explains why yield curves typically slope downward8 x% K" d. O: `: }2 j" J" I8 x. w
  B. bonds of one maturity are not substitutes for bonds of other maturities; therefore, interest rates on bonds of different maturities do not move together over time
1 q  {( Q4 `5 J5 V* [/ @  C. the interest rate for bonds of one maturity is determined by supply and demand for bonds of that maturity  B9 c& a3 N: {0 n: U
  D. all of the above
+ f2 o# p% D$ [  E. only B and C
1 p# ]$ J8 O) L6 K' a) U  19. Successful financial intermediaries have higher earnings on their investments because they are better equipped than individuals to screen out good from bad risks, thereby reducing losses due to .
8 u' |# u5 M0 u7 W; v) q  A. moral hazard
$ r/ l$ Q; C& [7 |  B. adverse selection' d/ P. l/ n( Z5 E
  C. bad luck1 J; |0 V3 Z" J- O, m; h# j
  D. financial panics
0 p6 \7 e; A- z5 C$ x( A9 T9 n  20. A long-term debt instrument is best defined as one with maturity ______.: V4 w0 [' D$ }
  A. of more than one year
* v: {0 k4 O3 H% t0 p  B. of more than five years
' B$ T1 }0 h" F% O' P  C. of more than ten years, ~  A; y. Y, N: ~! p, N9 ~' O0 n
  D. of thirty years or more
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-11 00:20 , Processed in 0.220167 second(s), 23 queries .