立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 62|回复: 1

[考试试题] 金融英语模拟试题-FECT-(二)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-16 08:05:44 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
1. The holder of preference shares has preference over the ordinary shareholders under the following circumstance: _______.
8 X5 m  d  @* e+ ZA. his voting rights are considered more important7 G' l) W6 N4 L8 M5 G2 ]3 F; N
B. he has the greater right in choosing the board of directors. U  I: }% n5 H- C, j1 m7 j8 N- G
C. he receives his dividend before the ordinary shareholder
  [+ F# H; m" N( e, bD. he has the right to buy ordinary shares more cheaply
; u3 {5 c& @5 b. i2. What are the two major accounts in the balance of payments? ______.
( _+ b+ c( \0 A% p; H8 s# u0 h! bA. Current account and fixed account
0 E0 z6 H, a0 y* y# r2 DB. Capital account and deposit account& }! F& p: H9 h& ]6 }. @/ d% h0 W2 P
C. Capital account and current account% Y1 a; b, ~, O, P5 O7 U
D. The account recording transfer payment and the account including an offsetting transaction
) `7 M  [3 E6 D2 E3. Which of the following is not a financial instrument? ______.
. h  b8 c3 e) a" SA. Treasury bills
6 _( g. k/ b' L$ x0 U5 yB. Real estate
' V) N2 u3 y. u3 L: cC. Mortgages9 n/ X# _* N1 C+ d9 \% _
D. Stocks
3 e7 B& \$ h: S4 V' p* `4. The yield to maturity on a bond is ______.; h6 C* F+ _6 t8 G- T
A. below the coupon rate when the bond sells at a discount, and above the coupon rate when the bond sells at a premium
* n. r% `/ K, Y8 L* qB. the discount rate that set the present value of the payments equal to the bond price! f  T6 m- M( q, M
C. the current yield plus the average annual capital gain rate
! C+ m  _5 o4 J& |* FD. based on the assumption that any payments received are reinvested at the coupon rate
1 T- [" Z  v6 ~9 `/ x5. The annual interest paid on a bond relative to its prevailing market price is called its ______.3 ~' A0 I: M% x: F. {
A. promised yield$ Q; Z* s* Y! f, U( p( l
B. yield to maturity
' z6 Q) L, i) I8 P1 K( ]* k6 bC. coupon rate
" N4 e. n* y5 s1 m. }: HD. current yield
6 g1 ^% @% w1 I; m$ \8 h6. Rapid increases in the price level during periods of recession or high unemployment are known as .
/ a! S, D& h7 n5 kA. stagnation
( h* a: `) N+ P+ L7 ^( vB. stagflation
5 B$ {/ F% A: o8 ~- _$ c: KC. slump
; g+ i0 e$ s/ k8 `1 rD. inflation( S+ W6 N& N% [; ]8 @  v0 V% z
7. A person who left his/her job to look for another job would be classified as ______.4 p; Y3 Q: o' `2 N
A. structurally unemployed# m; A1 t" X, x  P2 H8 a
B. cyclically unemployed
; }. i2 l9 M  c" Q) _9 eC. frictionally unemployed
" r' [0 z& Q# F) u7 XD. no longer in the labor force! h5 f8 b: ]  A3 j% Q! @
8. Which of the following is not included in a statement of owner's equity? ______.来源:
) W' \  s: Y. f' d7 o3 OA. Net income
- X2 O% G1 \4 B8 t5 A6 yB. Unearned revenue8 n7 o! z/ o. a! f8 Y/ Y  k( ^. O  y
C. Dividend
! D0 x6 L: V8 Z/ d: y  zD. Retained earning5 Z/ s3 `# V/ R/ l
9. If the Federal Reserve sells bonds and Congress cuts taxes and increases government spending,then the U.S. government has ______.
9 i; r- t. Q$ O" [A. expansionary monetary policy and contractionary fiscal policy
( b* ?  u; Y8 k4 DB. contractionary monetary policy and expansionary fiscal policy0 C2 T3 ~8 m, d& i8 a7 g
C. expansionary monetary policy and expansionary fiscal policy' D, A$ S8 _7 f6 O* U
D. ontractionary monetary policy and contractionary fiscal policy 2 X$ T: A, p6 ?2 _
2 Z+ ^; D. I! }. `4 f0 r# J
10. As the real wage rises, the substitution effect causes the worker to consume more ______ and less ______.
3 o6 \  ?9 C* f1 T* VA. leisure...work
" X/ Z3 \( w: V1 E0 E, sB. work...leisure
  K% g* g; Y0 k' P# DC. work...of all of other goods
; Y$ v& ~7 r# j7 X8 r1 z; QD. leisure...of all other goods, g1 [% K. ^- T1 ]
6 j) k' V- z- {/ P# V
11. The federal funds rate is the interest rate ______.
8 L: N; g/ G0 R8 K$ f; zA. on overnight loans of reserves between banks9 d* N# k( e' l; h, g5 i
B. the government pays when borrowing from banks
7 M% l- j# _& S* D: q# \C. on government debt. _7 _! A5 f7 @# z; R% f0 q/ b
D. both A and B
9 k/ p2 R) ]- |! s12. A consumer's indifference curve shows ______.
) s+ x/ p" O4 b. l1 D' J8 uA. all combinations of two products that a consumer can use
. @% S  h9 A2 S1 t4 A1 \" IB. all combinations of two products that yield the same total satisfaction to the consumer
/ b# ~5 O3 w* RC. all combinations of two goods that the consumer can purchase with disposable persona income/ T" W* y2 H8 ?5 k9 u
D. equal income for consumption4 V7 b& u, J7 Y3 l
13. The value of any investment is found by computing ______./ y+ @- ?  y" |5 v
A. the future value of all future expenses
  Q% n4 K$ K# H! K1 `5 E* c0 _B. the future value of all sales0 m" Z# j0 Z$ K8 g" Z" x. w8 E
C. the present value of all future liabilities; i+ s$ g* S7 W4 \9 m1 O: X
D. the present value of all cash flows  F  @3 F- J( F5 P' c
14. A "base" or "high-powered" money is distinguished from other types of money by the fact that it .
3 P4 X; g  ]+ ]+ ~  wA. always consists of central-bank liabilities
, k' W& ?- N" j" y$ {B. always consists of assets that can serve as commercial bank cash reserves1 b- ?- J0 P, c" ?3 u) {
C. always consists of gold coin
' g: T- M0 W. L, y5 TD. must be a "fiat" money
% Q5 Q* y2 O1 x! C$ D/ [/ \( J7 j3 R15. The relationship between interest rates on various bonds, and the time to (heir maturity is called the ______ structure of interest rates.7 Y4 a; S, f3 w! u) U" d4 C# |
A. chronological
( d5 V, P# o/ p8 _/ aB. term: D& S" P' j  `9 ?  |) i2 }6 @+ s9 @
C. risk; Q' u! _4 B2 s; s0 T" i
D. liquidity: B5 O3 f; m( M/ q: a% m& c
16. An example of an investment pool is ______.
# a) z6 v) _- U1 I- M9 oA. a savings and loan association
2 ^4 r) S/ o9 k4 z: o: ZB. a life insurance company7 Z, {& ~7 U  O; Q9 g& j
C. a finance company2 `( ~/ K' ~+ E) A% l) V. a
D. a mutual fund5 k& }: }' V- L; f; {  }) Z2 k
17. Sustained downward movements in the business cycle are referred to as ______.2 ~. D/ x! [% f( t, h; o
A. recessions1 n; J6 S5 b7 Y$ P9 h
B. economic recoveries; H2 u% J* ]3 l. n4 {# {
C. inflation' s7 P9 L( c: Q, {; h" r/ [
D. expansions% A7 |! q, F; ]0 f6 U0 j

8 M8 x6 R' X, V; n18. _____ offers a wide spectrum of personal services to wealthy clients who may have little knowledge of how to handle their own financial affairs or who are too busy.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-16 08:05:45 | 显示全部楼层

金融英语模拟试题-FECT-(二)

A. A private bank
/ k0 P3 }% Q3 Q. _3 D/ zB. Private banking
' c1 Z1 a4 Z- V  `* ?# }C. Personal banking5 [3 |/ @! }& l7 F+ R: p
D. Retail banking</p>* }. X2 G; v; N! I4 P( a
19. Which of the following can be described as involving direct finance? ______.
! |# A# f9 V2 e7 F, y2 kA. A pension fund manager buys a short-term corporate security in the secondary market
( A) N- a; j8 S/ ?0 a" U# I  zB. People buy shares in a mutual fund
( l& ~' r6 G' w. Q1 zC. A corporation issues new shares of stock' j5 g8 [- O4 O7 w
D. An insurance company buys shares of common stock in the over-the-counter markets. 20. A call option gives the owner the right to ______.
+ {) s0 x/ T4 \9 r3 DA. sell the underlying asset at a fixed price
! D  X+ K  d+ ~8 hB. buy the underlying asset at a fixed price
) N& y8 t0 V+ f- q7 CC. convert the underlying asset at a fixed price' i& K- j8 @" f4 d
D. take delivery of the underlying asset at a fixed price
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-12 04:50 , Processed in 0.399375 second(s), 23 queries .