立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 62|回复: 1

[考试试题] 金融英语FECT模拟练习题汇总(1)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-16 08:05:44 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  1. Which of the following is not a function of money? ______. A. To act as a medium of exchange3 @. ?% e  j) D
  B. To act as a unit of account- _! ~7 h5 Q* H0 o8 G8 y  z
  C. To act as a store of value
8 E! `! y( X# x% g3 y8 {  D. To provide a double coincidence of wants( u: M9 f0 ]6 _! `$ c# a
  E. To act as a means of payment7 S5 C6 t8 s( v' m7 k) t
  2. The price in the foreign exchange market is called ______.7 K, ^/ N2 ]; m
  A. the trade surplus
6 X! C; E+ R  L& k/ `; L8 _  B. the exchange rate/ q2 \) G3 `% ?9 G6 _
  C. the money price% l4 I2 U  F7 y" {  q- i
  D. the currency rate6 ~) l1 \/ ]9 y1 O  i- O: D( \
  3. Market risk refers to the risk of______.
( i$ p" K; y! |/ }/ q  A. financial prices fluctuations
: Y+ o) W6 o) |+ y7 c  B. default
' ?5 g( v" O8 ^  C. fraud
2 ]' I$ M' V0 W- p& R0 }' W" S) K  D. deferred payments0 `" M* d) P5 Y4 ]2 y
  4. Which of the following is not among the generally accepted accounting principles? ______.( P+ Q( m: R+ W; o# x5 b* j
  A. Cash basis! q& k4 I0 `6 d! b  N
  B. Prudence
) D+ a) \2 \1 n9 h% C5 f  C. Consistency1 t' I, K+ d8 E/ c
  D. Going concern
# r0 U- [" o5 V- U+ L& W  E. Money measurement." S, P8 q: |7 Q
  5. What is a documentary letter of credit? ______.
( T7 a% D1 J$ U- w  A. A conditional bank undertaking to pay an exporter on production of stipulated documentation
2 j) i) d4 F$ l0 C  e* F* r  B. A method of lending against documentary security
# Y3 n3 ^$ t) |: O) e: e. B4 C  C. An international trade settlement system biased in favour of importers$ c! g8 j) l$ N0 @/ ~
  D. All of the above+ J! j  Z6 O0 j5 y
  6. Holding a group of assets reduces risk as long as the assets ______.% w! i2 y& U/ l# I# w  b  ?
  A. are perfectly correlated
& L+ `" I" _- B9 h# U  B. are completely independent
1 p  w' r2 W( ?3 B+ @- l6 N  C. do not have precisely the same pattern of returns
7 O- D; S0 o' W* ^0 B  D. have a correlation coefficient greater than one
5 L2 h0 [2 |' K1 l/ E2 ?  7. An amount, payable in money goods, or service, owed by a business to a creditor, is known as a/an .0 u& n$ f9 K' n4 ^3 ?0 s- K
  A. liability
) u9 b5 ]5 g. U5 {% D  B. debt; U" g( S' U: ]: C3 P# j
  C. equity! {, ]. w$ a2 Y! ^' h( j7 G
  D. asset$ L& p" y' L: K
  8. What function is money serving when you buy a ticket to a movie? ______.% p8 n; k% s$ M4 c
  A. store of value
3 R& T0 j+ u+ e- v2 }! V  B. a medium of exchange( V8 V( v- ?7 {. D1 `1 f* Q% z! k
  C. transaction demand
" h2 l3 }  O. v5 b  D. a unit of account
/ F' g- ]5 W8 a) l  9. If foreigners expect that the future price of sterling will be lower, the ______.. n6 n, w" i" b; \
  A. supply of sterling will increase, demand for sterling will fall, and the exchange rate will fall" e- C. j& ~3 D6 L1 _
  B. supply of sterling will increase, demand for sterling will rise, and the exchange rate may or may not increase
: S7 ]2 x7 @0 @, P/ _0 V! }8 S( G" J  C. supply of sterling will fall, demand for sterling will increase, and the exchange rate will rise8 c# a7 w7 a5 }' ?) A, d
  D. supply of sterling will fall, demand for sterling will fall, and the exchange rate may or may not fall/ V+ k3 Z  O2 C. f' r9 z
  10. The documentary collection provides the seller with a greater degree of protection than shipping on ______./ a5 L# ~/ U, y+ ^
  A. open account
' L$ u1 v( b, [  a  B. bank‘s letter of guarantee, l7 y8 W+ y. ~+ O$ L, A
  C. banker‘s draft
! L+ E) |- I+ V- G  D. documentary credit
: C# T: O( @% ?. ?  11. Which of the following statements is not true of central banks? ______.
" u3 R" u, K6 v  A. They pay the government‘s salaries5 o; p' U3 D8 b$ j' p1 Q
  B. They always undertake the regulation of the banking system( K' @8 d, B1 G5 n* s" i
  C. They are always the lender of last resort) I& q3 _+ t: `- M/ `
  D. None of the above
; K- h" K' }3 p! Z) q% W  12. When GBP/USD rate goes from 1.6150 to 1.8500, we say the dollar ______.
, m& P4 g! u( w  A. appreciates by 12.70%4 N; N! D# v2 {! M5 L8 P
  B. depreciates by 14.55%+ t% x4 z. O1 o  v& R7 c
  C. depreciates by 12.70%
% [' Z4 {' i: J/ e( I' b) ?, s7 ?  D. appreciates by 14.55%
7 |1 e$ {; n& P+ |3 h, c$ U) |  13. According to diversification principle in investment, suppose you invest Stock X and Stock Y with equal funds, which of the following is not true? ______.8 A  w+ f9 L! T8 Q. R
  A. If X and Y are totally independent with each other, the risk of the portfolio is reduced+ A: X. v( a6 l' N3 {4 C* w
  B. If X and Y are perfectly negatively correlated, the risk of the portfolio is perfectly offset
2 r) ?* e6 ?6 n$ r4 o! Q  C. If X and Y are perfectly positively correlated, the risk of the portfolio is neither reduced nor increased- s7 i; G2 f' _6 `
  D. If X and Y are perfectly negatively correlated, the risk of the portfolio is neither reduced nor increased
! p$ P$ u* c0 A. m8 @' n  14. These are four main methods of securing payment in international trade:" v& I, D( H9 y) Z3 M
  payment under documentary credit
( }' N7 o4 S+ A! Z  open account
/ r/ G: e1 e& ~% w  @  collection, that is document against payment or acceptance of a bill of exchange
! f  V! N) o2 t0 }  payment in advance# a4 J1 O1 Q3 Q' Y- I9 U
  From an exporter‘s point of view, the order of preference is ______.+ N! ?( h, ^' n
  A. , , ,
+ a, k5 q! \7 `0 n( w2 O  B. , , ,
  f; P' H; H$ l  C. , , ,, c  T3 U, A+ H1 z6 Y% |% G
  D. , , ,% P! m) Q6 {+ f
  15. The main liability on a bank balance sheet is ______.& z) G3 `: n- B# `& Z
  A. deposits
0 M' R( I; a, H$ z  B. capital and reserves( t# H6 W5 G  L2 J* |& R. D6 E
  C. loans and overdrafts
: C2 \% q, G- k& t  D. cash# ^! Y- e3 P. p- J$ n
  16. ______ shows that net income for a specified period of time and how it was calculated.
+ y4 l8 [, ~- Q: i! `  A. The income statement# Q$ o& H* b& `9 c
  B. The capital statement
/ n0 c+ ^7 q6 @0 Z. ^/ L- F/ @  C. The accounting statement
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-16 08:05:45 | 显示全部楼层

金融英语FECT模拟练习题汇总(1)

D. The statement of financial condition
$ C3 V, G1 S, w. q6 B  17. Why must the liabilities and assets of a bank be actively managed? ______.9 i, ~2 W' r1 o! j
  A. Because assets and liabilities are not evenly matched on the same time scale4 n5 y2 |% F, ^( L; b1 \
  B. Because assets and liabilities are evenly matched
/ Y4 {) ?/ j( V, {1 Q9 E% E  C. Because the interbank market uses LIBOR
# g$ I% Q- e6 ]7 j; A  D. Because assets and liabilities can be underwritten
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-12 01:49 , Processed in 0.205259 second(s), 23 queries .