立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 81|回复: 0

[考试试题] 金融英语 :FECT1单选题

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-16 08:05:44 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  1. Which of the following is not a function of money? ______.
! V" R$ g8 S% a2 R/ a, E1 ]  A. To act as a medium of exchange. J+ R( s) z, M( b' `2 r- a
  B. To act as a unit of account
9 D7 n9 l' s4 I9 e! M  C. To act as a store of value. Q* C$ z5 f+ e+ j2 P
  D. To provide a double coincidence of wants
& n- r, T, f) q5 i  E. To act as a means of payment
" K; i# u' @/ o. Z: J6 O) x7 D+ ?8 t  2. The price in the foreign exchange market is called ______.
0 ~3 @" X" i( g$ Z$ p; g# X  A. the trade surplus
" ?  o: B2 d, E' S) _  B. the exchange rate
+ a! |: D3 [7 j1 d  C. the money price
- q# s3 L& j( x* L0 g  D. the currency rate
3 Y  {( ?. J% J( r1 V& |  3. Market risk refers to the risk of______.' I# z. o3 |- `3 N
  A. financial prices fluctuations
4 p; q/ ?) H' I$ |0 ~9 _5 n  B. default* e2 F: k% ^7 m, ]3 \" x
  C. fraud
9 a8 d( F4 k% A8 {( x3 h  D. deferred payments6 J. @/ o& D4 f: M
  4. Which of the following is not among the generally accepted accounting principles? ______.1 I% q( s& Y( x1 m
  A. Cash basis9 j5 g0 b. |' K( {
  B. Prudence+ `& ]: Q7 c% C- J( R
  C. Consistency7 d% ^& P& d. P8 [
  D. Going concern1 @' A6 q4 P0 m+ C
  E. Money measurement.
) B9 O! t7 h9 }8 ]  5. What is a documentary letter of credit? ______.& v$ C3 A5 J5 E5 L8 P' H/ s
  A. A conditional bank undertaking to pay an exporter on production of stipulated documentation
7 S: h' q9 Y/ D8 Y$ }. _  B. A method of lending against documentary security# j9 o8 Z2 S1 ?% o! O0 K
  C. An international trade settlement system biased in favour of importers5 ~1 J2 c* W2 ^2 W
  D. All of the above
$ o: X: W: A. R  6. Holding a group of assets reduces risk as long as the assets ______.
2 J( e# A, F3 v9 |9 R  A. are perfectly correlated
7 G4 _) b% l" P- d& V0 D; q# v  B. are completely independent
1 k& R& Y6 n8 h/ C) `3 T  C. do not have precisely the same pattern of returns
( y2 \8 j9 ~# b1 t( e  D. have a correlation coefficient greater than one
& s9 f, d; ]+ R) Y" ^  7. An amount, payable in money goods, or service, owed by a business to a creditor, is known as a/an .
8 ~0 y' @( G$ Q+ r7 a- T  A. liability
; i8 G4 Y2 ?1 r4 K6 w  B. debt
" a6 q  ^3 l$ s- D. r  I  C. equity
; C* J% K# {; R5 A7 t5 J  D. asset
! S" M; Y. J4 X  8. What function is money serving when you buy a ticket to a movie? ______.# t7 t: B# a7 }
  A. store of value
8 ]( q/ [; ~9 S, x. G6 t' J) |  B. a medium of exchange. p1 g+ K4 o6 O5 Y  c$ |
  C. transaction demand
* c8 {) [# H. V1 i4 n  D. a unit of account7 W( X& ?2 u1 {
  9. If foreigners expect that the future price of sterling will be lower, the ______.
6 U+ k% z3 O4 b' P4 Z, Q: c3 v  A. supply of sterling will increase, demand for sterling will fall, and the exchange rate will fall. E1 c2 d$ ?! k. A- B0 x
  B. supply of sterling will increase, demand for sterling will rise, and the exchange rate may or may not increase
4 d/ V6 g7 C2 b% a4 K% }5 g* x  C. supply of sterling will fall, demand for sterling will increase, and the exchange rate will rise
$ ]1 C0 h  Z5 y! j  D. supply of sterling will fall, demand for sterling will fall, and the exchange rate may or may not fall6 {4 h2 W' T& }: O" d6 U) A+ `& q
  10. The documentary collection provides the seller with a greater degree of protection than shipping on ______.
4 A, I, }& q) T2 ^  A. open account
& g5 i) q7 t4 a7 @) W( x  B. bank’s letter of guarantee
( v1 Y1 E4 ~! U  C. banker’s draft
, I* K# q1 H+ B8 n$ i( Q- }, @  D. documentary credit
9 o! W3 ^9 ~% @4 a  J$ l  11. Which of the following statements is not true of central banks? ______.
% ^/ Q( T  @8 S: L9 _" c9 G  W4 m  A. They pay the government’s salaries3 ]* w: l% u3 F5 g1 t0 v0 b8 Z
  B. They always undertake the regulation of the banking system
' b6 M( B! ]2 @. Q, G/ y  C. They are always the lender of last resort
; ~' O# l% W  p0 g' K$ D5 A  D. None of the above7 F$ p' {( ?2 i4 \: X6 [0 u5 J2 O
  12. When GBP/USD rate goes from 1.6150 to 1.8500, we say the dollar ______.
* t8 L6 G" F6 F; Y$ d% Y) P  A. appreciates by 12.70%
% l1 U1 E) A& W* k/ d  B. depreciates by 14.55%
/ w. p0 u5 M7 D- [$ @; @8 F' m  C. depreciates by 12.70%, S* [  x2 \7 k" U! \! y: ^
  D. appreciates by 14.55%4 }' j$ ~, I8 T$ q% T0 F0 A1 \
  13. According to diversification principle in investment, suppose you invest Stock X and Stock Y with equal funds, which of the following is not true? ______.
! I4 A: w0 N3 f, v+ l  A. If X and Y are totally independent with each other, the risk of the portfolio is reduced
+ C& s+ p( w+ ]( A- ?  B. If X and Y are perfectly negatively correlated, the risk of the portfolio is perfectly offset! }  e3 r% u& x8 X7 _- H
  C. If X and Y are perfectly positively correlated, the risk of the portfolio is neither reduced nor increased# k# J5 m) x; w/ j
  D. If X and Y are perfectly negatively correlated, the risk of the portfolio is neither reduced nor increased, G8 I- y1 }" M2 p* W+ H; I& s% T0 {
  14. These are four main methods of securing payment in international trade:3 h/ Z7 E& M7 V# A7 Z
  payment under documentary credit- e1 t+ p  K: d! {2 W% v* r( }
  open account: @, R* U) r4 v. R# t& V* Z
  collection, that is document against payment or acceptance of a bill of exchange6 F7 z& [% b  N' G$ ^% c" x1 n
  payment in advance
0 V8 |6 F# i! ?$ B" V/ D  From an exporter’s point of view, the order of preference is ______.+ [" Q3 x6 _' ]
  A.,,,8 c7 |1 p. c, _# T
  B.,,,/ Z; B$ P1 k( V
  C.,,,
7 G) I( E0 h1 ~  D.,,,
9 ^1 n5 {0 q( M2 W# s  15. The main liability on a bank balance sheet is ______.( P. m- \7 F0 S' m4 y  c4 O
  A. deposits7 e. L4 b4 T" h! c& E
  B. capital and reserves  i( v: L' g$ i& G& n! y
  C. loans and overdrafts
6 l1 W% {" T( ]2 X# f0 E' C7 M; y& R. B  D. cash
9 [4 e# I9 X& j  16. ______ shows that net income for a specified period of time and how it was calculated./ {( H: R: `& h8 k4 c: a( }9 M: \
  A. The income statement
( W. c, F; g5 V3 D$ I' S, f  B. The capital statement
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-11 16:50 , Processed in 0.314766 second(s), 21 queries .