立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 116|回复: 1

[考试试题] 财会英语 FECT模拟练习题

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-16 08:05:44 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  1. Which of the following is not a function of money? ______. A. To act as a medium of exchange
+ N0 x) B; Y5 W3 a9 `  d& j  B. To act as a unit of account# I3 @8 k* u8 s& R( Y  Y
  C. To act as a store of value
# \9 K7 @6 d  D  D. To provide a double coincidence of wants& i: A  {2 S8 \8 X9 u5 E/ B! g
  E. To act as a means of payment
: C: d9 O* |3 Z; q5 z* H( g2 |  2. The price in the foreign exchange market is called ______.+ j/ g% V# z8 O( f
  A. the trade surplus8 E3 U% E" }& B; a
  B. the exchange rate& J" q3 i- e& D
  C. the money price) z, u# u3 D9 c, r2 N; ]
  D. the currency rate4 b5 R# n/ s; d% P5 K! ]
  3. Market risk refers to the risk of______.
) W# s7 ~. G+ l( M  A. financial prices fluctuations
) D! F" C$ S! H) H; [: c! a1 V  B. default
( Q% f3 n$ o4 ~8 X  C. fraud  d9 O1 q5 e5 a/ q  w% O
  D. deferred payments4 e, N7 G- J" q5 n2 G" P
  4. Which of the following is not among the generally accepted accounting principles? ______.! c  K9 G9 W" h! M" }* t4 z
  A. Cash basis
5 p0 Q& U  C( W$ @) L/ \$ w7 X  B. Prudence
8 T/ W0 [6 m  j9 x+ F  C. Consistency- T( r; q( Z. ^$ J
  D. Going concern, T1 ^! D/ \% b1 B
  E. Money measurement.
2 W* w0 d: K  u/ i7 o  5. What is a documentary letter of credit? ______.
/ R. v& U. _9 V' @# [' I; [+ e3 ~# C  A. A conditional bank undertaking to pay an exporter on production of stipulated documentation
( a1 E$ E2 N- W7 q7 H  ~! _% L  B. A method of lending against documentary security2 r" }, B- h3 K% G
  C. An international trade settlement system biased in favour of importers$ ^; C' u# P) P
  D. All of the above
  \3 r; h" a1 r. W# }  6. Holding a group of assets reduces risk as long as the assets ______., A# Q& P2 q/ Z# E. f- G
  A. are perfectly correlated# J# U7 E, o5 A
  B. are completely independent- g- _  v3 p; S3 D4 q( V) \# w9 E
  C. do not have precisely the same pattern of returns
- l5 w+ \5 ?! E& e" x7 @' J  D. have a correlation coefficient greater than one
! d" f& U% T  d& c5 d% T; y  7. An amount, payable in money goods, or service, owed by a business to a creditor, is known as a/an ./ q1 n- F; _& g. Q- ]6 |
  A. liability
( d+ K  E) c8 A1 N, r+ @  B. debt1 Q4 E6 y  Q( n! P- c
  C. equity
0 z8 {9 M) w8 f; _( u- b! ~/ c6 `  D. asset% J5 s2 Z9 C; Y. K) Q% S8 }3 \/ u
  8. What function is money serving when you buy a ticket to a movie? ______.
6 x0 l' z8 u. t6 [  W: N9 Q% e  A. store of value: H3 }# A1 u! B& k3 e; ~  b1 S
  B. a medium of exchange
  a' I: j( u5 X& D3 I  C. transaction demand
+ J8 a9 L. _7 {/ e  D. a unit of account
- S* t( u! u/ Q% |  9. If foreigners expect that the future price of sterling will be lower, the ______.
! ^% }. U$ G; {3 q: ?% o  A. supply of sterling will increase, demand for sterling will fall, and the exchange rate will fall
6 d. G* Z" ]5 k2 k  B. supply of sterling will increase, demand for sterling will rise, and the exchange rate may or may not increase( A- P: `9 }9 U
  C. supply of sterling will fall, demand for sterling will increase, and the exchange rate will rise  {, l' B; C- V
  D. supply of sterling will fall, demand for sterling will fall, and the exchange rate may or may not fall
' [; A: H( o/ ]8 p, U+ }" ~6 `  10. The documentary collection provides the seller with a greater degree of protection than shipping on ______.) ?+ q6 t9 h7 Z  J, P$ i, B
  A. open account
1 d% \4 [6 L1 Y( I& y. f1 v  B. bank’s letter of guarantee
& h. ]6 a, F% {' g' M6 c  C. banker’s draft
5 V$ y: H4 f2 y" T* D$ q- T+ T$ [, I  D. documentary credit
2 j9 L! b, M7 U; b4 L, P$ V  11. Which of the following statements is not true of central banks? ______.
/ K6 m2 p) {: Y0 C) I; `6 p6 ]; N  A. They pay the government’s salaries
* L$ i% A* Q( y8 C5 ]  B. They always undertake the regulation of the banking system" c( z4 {% H( S: D. m; v# H$ j! j
  C. They are always the lender of last resort) ?* q( p7 ~2 p6 o
  D. None of the above
' B0 E% G6 H; D% [  12. When GBP/USD rate goes from 1.6150 to 1.8500, we say the dollar ______.+ q2 X  ~1 A3 w6 a9 S  k
  A. appreciates by 12.70%5 i3 d* R4 `  `# Z9 }: ^
  B. depreciates by 14.55%
. k7 q4 W1 ~- \$ j  C. depreciates by 12.70%
5 v( ~- e0 i! K% u/ n9 N" e' h. G  D. appreciates by 14.55%
' X3 Q5 R0 }; ]$ R8 @6 e8 b  13. According to diversification principle in investment, suppose you invest Stock X and Stock Y with equal funds, which of the following is not true? ______.
% y! \( l( E" d0 i# z7 H3 j; Y  A. If X and Y are totally independent with each other, the risk of the portfolio is reduced
  r& `: e7 C' _6 n! @2 \  B. If X and Y are perfectly negatively correlated, the risk of the portfolio is perfectly offset% I( i' z3 U7 c6 g) X2 `' N2 M$ o; V) l
  C. If X and Y are perfectly positively correlated, the risk of the portfolio is neither reduced nor increased. `. M# j# L) S8 c# `% ~* m
  D. If X and Y are perfectly negatively correlated, the risk of the portfolio is neither reduced nor increased9 w- y( W' W% |: `
  14. These are four main methods of securing payment in international trade:
. G' ]. w: L( \7 d  payment under documentary credit0 ?/ Y9 F" ~8 S9 h, a/ R3 K# c
  open account; u+ j! {' p5 W) m2 }% Y, _
  collection, that is document against payment or acceptance of a bill of exchange0 {+ r! N5 ^0 [( r0 K, R
  payment in advance
3 P; G. `3 O7 e8 b  From an exporter’s point of view, the order of preference is ______.
! j4 s& C& \: k' M/ ~  A.,,,. i! s) t6 M9 u0 g9 Z+ S
  B.,,,, v- J+ h8 A1 ?- v8 |- I; B
  C.,,,
: X$ _. u0 l4 }; {  D.,,,2 O% X4 q2 d2 i1 d2 Y9 w
  15. The main liability on a bank balance sheet is ______.
, Z5 K- M, g) k: B: r  A. deposits
4 ~8 o  X% \! a0 P1 @6 ^& g" V/ B  B. capital and reserves, O0 O8 G8 h0 Q4 u, v# S
  C. loans and overdrafts
' O! e% C' m4 w% x+ ^3 l  D. cash
2 I) _4 A6 h- y3 x) S) f  16. ______ shows that net income for a specified period of time and how it was calculated.
! k$ Z8 ~8 N* q; C7 U6 K. z5 t" x  A. The income statement
& R) M+ j7 B( B, T  B. The capital statement/ p- q4 D; q7 A% o. y' T) x
  C. The accounting statement6 m% J% N  Y6 A1 L% D' [! e8 W
  D. The statement of financial condition
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-16 08:05:45 | 显示全部楼层

财会英语 FECT模拟练习题

17. Why must the liabilities and assets of a bank be actively managed? ______.
! S/ I8 m5 l0 l* c7 f+ f+ ^  A. Because assets and liabilities are not evenly matched on the same time scale
! e+ k) ?: G; q: X5 l  B. Because assets and liabilities are evenly matched9 z$ [+ t9 E; C+ V
  C. Because the interbank market uses LIBOR
3 {9 u) `( k/ |" E' X6 _  D. Because assets and liabilities can be underwritten
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-12 18:12 , Processed in 0.287482 second(s), 23 queries .