立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 129|回复: 1

[考试试题] 金融英语辅导:模拟习题(2)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-16 08:05:44 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
1. The holder of preference shares has preference over the ordinary shareholders under the following circumstance: _______.9 p+ `( y6 n0 m: z! I
A. his voting rights are considered more important
4 s" d& U1 Q2 X3 l0 [( CB. he has the greater right in choosing the board of directors
- L7 {- p3 d1 u2 {! \. t2 }! nC. he receives his dividend before the ordinary shareholder
! p& ]' Q9 G* w+ \& u* T9 cD. he has the right to buy ordinary shares more cheaply
% \' d' A$ h* Y. P) }7 o1 c# k) N" U2. What are the two major accounts in the balance of payments? ______.
7 A5 t- d  w" n$ k/ g/ MA. Current account and fixed account " l+ v; N1 y9 u" ]/ H
B. Capital account and deposit account; T4 P8 U" b* c6 F( Y( w, R) K
C. Capital account and current account
0 G) e( @. r; e# v5 R" H3 d. v) iD. The account recording transfer payment and the account including an offsetting transaction
# W* A! y/ \" N5 \5 `; A3 C3. Which of the following is not a financial instrument? ______.  E+ y* m1 [7 Z. k7 f( L, u
A. Treasury bills1 L6 b7 E- O& {, u. }
B. Real estate
* e  g8 P$ K) XC. Mortgages" M# w% E0 Y' n, }6 p
D. Stocks& q: i5 r, [# s0 o9 i8 b3 c5 X
4. The yield to maturity on a bond is ______.
" A- b/ M1 `4 n- Y0 JA. below the coupon rate when the bond sells at a discount, and above the coupon rate when the bond sells at a premium
( M& i9 E) _4 E. {- aB. the discount rate that set the present value of the payments equal to the bond price2 m( b0 L3 O  k$ Y3 r* t3 ]. l
C. the current yield plus the average annual capital gain rate7 h, D2 W) f& K3 ?
D. based on the assumption that any payments received are reinvested at the coupon rate
$ G, S0 p( ^# x$ y5. The annual interest paid on a bond relative to its prevailing market price is called its ______.
/ B& X/ Y# I  ]A. promised yield7 L+ n: D8 m- l6 }% j; r
B. yield to maturity& w8 E7 L/ ~5 A, l1 T& D
C. coupon rate2 V4 f( m' c8 e
D. current yield3 |% L" q% V- p2 W
6. Rapid increases in the price level during periods of recession or high unemployment are known as .
6 y1 ~/ p4 i+ yA. stagnation
3 t( j& \! g, c% nB. stagflation6 H3 ^2 D0 n5 S# m$ r) U2 ~5 y: H# h
C. slump( T: ]# B, t  w
D. inflation. ^( }. ]+ ]9 M% K. |9 f
7. A person who left his/her job to look for another job would be classified as ______.
  g+ T) c; I" g1 MA. structurally unemployed4 B& O7 f$ Q/ D6 w
B. cyclically unemployed5 ?, ^9 ^" j2 E1 G, ~) K
C. frictionally unemployed, s: I, X5 n5 g  G5 a2 @+ L
D. no longer in the labor force3 ~3 z* A& [( u7 x/ D
8. Which of the following is not included in a statement of owner's equity? ______.来源:; M( D0 v7 ?3 N( }
A. Net income8 W7 S7 v+ I+ e5 Z. T" b8 ~
B. Unearned revenue
$ O1 v0 z& [) U- P2 t& v# LC. Dividend" H4 v* g! h3 \! K* E
D. Retained earning+ J- w. w$ B4 w6 l: |& A1 I! k
9. If the Federal Reserve sells bonds and Congress cuts taxes and increases government spending,then the U.S. government has ______.
$ H) r( K% I% b3 I0 _A. expansionary monetary policy and contractionary fiscal policy
) y1 F& d3 U/ u8 d  X0 _1 j# n8 ZB. contractionary monetary policy and expansionary fiscal policy
0 E9 |2 o2 M  Q8 TC. expansionary monetary policy and expansionary fiscal policy
6 I$ _' I! E' ~  o: bD. ontractionary monetary policy and contractionary fiscal policy
0 F" b0 D) B+ j
! i. P& Z6 X7 U) _; v10. As the real wage rises, the substitution effect causes the worker to consume more ______ and less ______.
; Z, w. t2 b$ j. _: N9 }A. leisure...work; _  n3 R6 u0 I
B. work...leisure. ~* }- p3 f2 m- K
C. work...of all of other goods
% n& N/ o1 E% E+ u2 TD. leisure...of all other goods' H& ?/ i  }& Q7 Q# w
11. The federal funds rate is the interest rate ______.& s; F: T/ t& v0 n; y0 u7 `
A. on overnight loans of reserves between banks
" T9 {) C! y: V9 c9 c' @B. the government pays when borrowing from banks
* b5 S" |! a% y' y; o7 iC. on government debt
: g# x( o5 U, F9 P: C( m& [D. both A and B( J6 W2 O) N  F/ k- k, j
12. A consumer's indifference curve shows ______.
4 s6 |6 x" l' q' ?3 V+ EA. all combinations of two products that a consumer can use
5 u& K- M3 A) B1 v0 _1 m2 q! \B. all combinations of two products that yield the same total satisfaction to the consumer
8 a! P2 r' J+ u6 A1 W  o( O& {C. all combinations of two goods that the consumer can purchase with disposable persona income& n2 N# v8 n6 u' m
D. equal income for consumption
0 \: M, t! G8 S2 J13. The value of any investment is found by computing ______.9 R; V) U8 j7 t9 T& u5 \2 K
A. the future value of all future expenses" D% C7 L7 s- s% s% y
B. the future value of all sales0 R: k0 {( a8 \8 b, d
C. the present value of all future liabilities
; r( R) p# F/ @. N2 d7 {D. the present value of all cash flows
( |# E2 c4 |1 D! p, P' I14. A "base" or "high-powered" money is distinguished from other types of money by the fact that it .
, l" ~/ }% C$ k" t$ Z/ p2 cA. always consists of central-bank liabilities
/ w9 u# f4 w) d+ T3 s  B$ EB. always consists of assets that can serve as commercial bank cash reserves4 z  q) H# z1 t
C. always consists of gold coin; T6 J! p1 H7 Y  c4 g
D. must be a "fiat" money
6 `. p7 R6 ~0 H, \- M& I15. The relationship between interest rates on various bonds, and the time to (heir maturity is called the ______ structure of interest rates.+ P, I) v( C+ `7 O
A. chronological
3 h5 P6 B7 v4 y* M7 ~B. term
; \" {) l1 m2 \1 }+ ?C. risk
4 q: N# ~; G; o7 L1 I6 SD. liquidity3 x& L8 B% Z# ~) J
16. An example of an investment pool is ______., {. H* S4 u7 P3 O/ p/ h3 G
A. a savings and loan association
7 _! U. L& X- }6 X- v1 b, sB. a life insurance company
! E: Z- a6 ~" z3 fC. a finance company/ V) m7 z2 Z: U* l8 u
D. a mutual fund
# s; d4 Y) |3 S! \& W6 G/ G) L1 V17. Sustained downward movements in the business cycle are referred to as ______.
9 @) ~' F, {* `6 s' D! CA. recessions* R4 s& V# u( ?6 M6 K
B. economic recoveries
, {' _& j( ]8 A5 n- Z7 h% YC. inflation
$ k' v* Y# H* U4 `; iD. expansions
" @4 j5 g3 ?/ V8 W  H' ?( P0 Z6 }% V# b2 X, a
18. _____ offers a wide spectrum of personal services to wealthy clients who may have little knowledge of how to handle their own financial affairs or who are too busy.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-16 08:05:45 | 显示全部楼层

金融英语辅导:模拟习题(2)

A. A private bank
& k+ [- n  z! x/ J8 |! `$ S  J! iB. Private banking# Z0 k$ i; _# q; r, @9 z
C. Personal banking
( Q" O4 X- D9 g- g0 A8 DD. Retail banking</p>19. Which of the following can be described as involving direct finance? ______.
: Q8 f! u! A8 z* w. O5 iA. A pension fund manager buys a short-term corporate security in the secondary market$ i* s' M% o  @4 H! e# f
B. People buy shares in a mutual fund/ Z3 E. L' H! d; J
C. A corporation issues new shares of stock! p0 y+ J7 V3 _1 _/ U6 k
D. An insurance company buys shares of common stock in the over-the-counter markets.   B3 x! h5 m/ Y$ k
20. A call option gives the owner the right to ______.* d- m  r2 e; x) @- D* f/ _
A. sell the underlying asset at a fixed price0 _5 D. i& U1 Z4 i9 O) X
B. buy the underlying asset at a fixed price/ ]  O: o+ P% ?) M' A/ L* b
C. convert the underlying asset at a fixed price0 ?+ D2 e- a' e. Y$ x5 V6 R' O2 I7 G
D. take delivery of the underlying asset at a fixed price
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-13 03:35 , Processed in 0.197100 second(s), 23 queries .