立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 119|回复: 1

[考试试题] 金融英语-模拟习题(2)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-16 08:05:44 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
1. The holder of preference shares has preference over the ordinary shareholders under the following circumstance: _______.1 ?! f( k3 _- d5 l6 X
A. his voting rights are considered more important
- Q2 G8 i! k! M' nB. he has the greater right in choosing the board of directors: P: I6 [# @# z) i) X6 W+ f
C. he receives his dividend before the ordinary shareholder) R- i, G  S0 N' G" v$ E
D. he has the right to buy ordinary shares more cheaply" g# L  X8 N2 O* Z2 J8 k1 f) @* K1 O
2. What are the two major accounts in the balance of payments? ______.' k8 ^8 O" l: ]  q3 d
A. Current account and fixed account
8 ^6 T% }6 P7 f8 J9 RB. Capital account and deposit account& k/ x  \- L* g
C. Capital account and current account
2 R, ]8 S9 t/ z6 ]: ID. The account recording transfer payment and the account including an offsetting transaction* g6 _5 Z0 J: ?$ o1 t, w+ B: U
3. Which of the following is not a financial instrument? ______.
8 X4 W* O" a/ r- X0 r+ K* Y6 PA. Treasury bills' A( p7 ^  x0 N$ G
B. Real estate9 _. N- F, S% M+ j/ B1 T
C. Mortgages7 y# d$ h( i+ m0 h5 t: `- R
D. Stocks
) t$ R0 p6 Z( i% E9 V4 N2 l1 N4. The yield to maturity on a bond is ______." |" R+ E& @. v0 `3 r7 Q
A. below the coupon rate when the bond sells at a discount, and above the coupon rate when the bond sells at a premium8 O7 W, L6 R9 c" q
B. the discount rate that set the present value of the payments equal to the bond price5 j! b$ p1 X9 o1 p
C. the current yield plus the average annual capital gain rate, R6 F2 k0 N- x! N
D. based on the assumption that any payments received are reinvested at the coupon rate
5 r# s3 y+ c9 U: D4 l- b9 g5. The annual interest paid on a bond relative to its prevailing market price is called its ______.* ]& X1 m0 k1 P% R
A. promised yield
" q" w9 e4 B# i! P# }; j8 j3 QB. yield to maturity
9 E% }  h9 A' hC. coupon rate
+ e& J% ], Z2 Z) l! PD. current yield
' d; F( g4 w# l6. Rapid increases in the price level during periods of recession or high unemployment are known as .
& |% t0 C6 Q# z7 u+ v7 c) fA. stagnation8 Q% n/ G7 s) J7 u( S: M
B. stagflation  G) u3 S! T9 c5 j8 W" b! V: U/ S7 a
C. slump
8 p5 k8 ~+ `) d+ f/ m6 L+ f6 lD. inflation
! z) G2 g. j( u  K! H; t7. A person who left his/her job to look for another job would be classified as ______.$ h& J7 q+ M0 B8 q9 v/ s9 @1 {% M0 ?
A. structurally unemployed
+ G9 ~. O& B$ }8 u0 ^7 C% OB. cyclically unemployed
# t: C' {! Z' z! F$ r9 @  ^7 dC. frictionally unemployed& I) F: k( u! W  x
D. no longer in the labor force0 b3 v% z6 @' ^- i
8. Which of the following is not included in a statement of owner's equity? ______.来源:% T- Q* T& W' {, ]! j
A. Net income
/ H+ s' O6 T  k6 X* D; o. qB. Unearned revenue
% E- d9 z. M$ \/ r# g' UC. Dividend. _5 Z3 v! r1 q6 k
D. Retained earning+ T% b7 |8 j  o
9. If the Federal Reserve sells bonds and Congress cuts taxes and increases government spending,then the U.S. government has ______.
- V' N1 ]9 I  p1 ?! W# fA. expansionary monetary policy and contractionary fiscal policy
" K4 E9 }2 i7 q0 I- BB. contractionary monetary policy and expansionary fiscal policy
! d. B4 @8 D. D1 K. lC. expansionary monetary policy and expansionary fiscal policy7 p" ~3 K  G# Q6 l( X4 r' _
D. ontractionary monetary policy and contractionary fiscal policy " Z8 a3 s0 Q3 Z; B

; {( C, g0 m( x" q+ z5 Y8 O10. As the real wage rises, the substitution effect causes the worker to consume more ______ and less ______.
: R0 f7 B2 l" {A. leisure...work
- ]0 Q6 `  V- ?! S& fB. work...leisure
  g* W7 r, h* }+ vC. work...of all of other goods) ~7 ]  l& p2 X' b
D. leisure...of all other goods
) _5 J$ J) K  n' A0 C# ~11. The federal funds rate is the interest rate ______.
) `: d: q& V: m0 H) zA. on overnight loans of reserves between banks
3 z* S$ b# A2 W. b* ZB. the government pays when borrowing from banks
3 d/ V: g: P! [0 e3 lC. on government debt. ]+ O! B( Z; f9 ]0 o9 `7 S
D. both A and B
/ h9 z. Z* l3 z12. A consumer's indifference curve shows ______.! K7 F6 d" ]& A, V% @
A. all combinations of two products that a consumer can use: b! i8 `3 F+ Z8 Z7 w' \
B. all combinations of two products that yield the same total satisfaction to the consumer
3 Q. V5 ^& f& c$ i% |; S# A7 O2 SC. all combinations of two goods that the consumer can purchase with disposable persona income
. K3 o0 y) @9 X) ~1 u! S  vD. equal income for consumption
3 q5 @) Z. h1 X! g13. The value of any investment is found by computing ______.: j/ R& E9 y) P6 ]
A. the future value of all future expenses: V" G: T  V  m# A2 R, [
B. the future value of all sales2 N3 h7 Z; \( M( E
C. the present value of all future liabilities
2 |1 p  T# j) W, k' FD. the present value of all cash flows* u, W1 M0 X4 a1 E
14. A "base" or "high-powered" money is distinguished from other types of money by the fact that it .
2 q1 f  @% k' E2 X" H) TA. always consists of central-bank liabilities
9 W/ U. a1 V( y0 J' Y4 dB. always consists of assets that can serve as commercial bank cash reserves
0 m8 M$ z& o! C8 Q* SC. always consists of gold coin. C& U, J/ b) o: C
D. must be a "fiat" money
2 d: b7 {8 h9 c# K3 s' V* M15. The relationship between interest rates on various bonds, and the time to (heir maturity is called the ______ structure of interest rates.% d6 {" _  V# g) ]
A. chronological# ]: n# y. {$ ?! H; \, M* U
B. term
, j7 m3 d! f% Z$ j6 U% pC. risk3 J' r* u6 f2 X) O  S8 M
D. liquidity! Z3 C& z9 E0 W3 g
16. An example of an investment pool is ______.
/ u" h5 W, m1 x" IA. a savings and loan association
) C& g: r0 _" f7 d4 PB. a life insurance company; X: q( ~6 ^- o! }+ r
C. a finance company
" O1 D) _4 S4 A9 H' d* q7 gD. a mutual fund
/ V3 y9 T; `* L- x, a/ z17. Sustained downward movements in the business cycle are referred to as ______." s0 R. \+ h) k$ d8 w, j6 o* [
A. recessions
2 @, b( s( ], ^' LB. economic recoveries
6 x" z1 I& Z: s. ~# QC. inflation( H" H7 `& \. A2 @, }
D. expansions3 B8 h. H* E; i
/ G: y' }1 c$ k+ L( j4 ?
18. _____ offers a wide spectrum of personal services to wealthy clients who may have little knowledge of how to handle their own financial affairs or who are too busy.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-16 08:05:45 | 显示全部楼层

金融英语-模拟习题(2)

</p>" r& h0 ?% z, `  a
A. A private bank
8 C8 ~+ a( Y. ?: ~B. Private banking) G+ V$ U' m; _. l: o7 i
C. Personal banking8 Z. v* E' S. I' E3 G( ^
D. Retail banking ! E# g" `! M; j. C
; G5 _3 q6 C# m/ \% `
19. Which of the following can be described as involving direct finance? ______.
* z9 L0 I% x. ~/ \1 N5 A5 PA. A pension fund manager buys a short-term corporate security in the secondary market# L5 S. @  W, R% V
B. People buy shares in a mutual fund+ d+ U! f3 h/ j( ]& S
C. A corporation issues new shares of stock
) {' t  ]) q! ^( y8 \6 o: ?" qD. An insurance company buys shares of common stock in the over-the-counter markets.
0 a  w/ O1 @. x# L( ~+ D20. A call option gives the owner the right to ______.5 E% h8 `. p- L' k0 A
A. sell the underlying asset at a fixed price9 k# n3 @8 R% B
B. buy the underlying asset at a fixed price" h4 E/ `/ b) k% p4 W; a9 {  a6 S
C. convert the underlying asset at a fixed price) a7 e, _5 H( x9 U7 J0 H
D. take delivery of the underlying asset at a fixed price
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-28 21:55 , Processed in 0.368260 second(s), 23 queries .