QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 66|回复: 0

[考试试题] 2012年金融英语考试模拟试题及答案(5)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-16 08:05:44 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  SECTION ONE (Compulsory) :Single-choice questions
# f* q- P2 G( k: ~1 y  from the following four options, select a correct and fill in its labeling the brackets. (A total of 10 points)   @, k9 k! N+ [$ t4 {# V$ e
  1. Which belongs to the Tightening of fiscal policy tools? ( )
) b7 ?0 l8 L& O+ T7 h" c: d  A. Reduce government spending and increase tax revenue 3 P+ i6 P9 G0 H4 g+ q( T% G
  B. Reduce government spending and reduce taxes   P- t/ V: B4 s) r* I4 P, R
  C. Increasing government spending and reducing taxes . e! v: |, ]+ T
  D. Increase in government expenditure and increase tax revenue
: [0 N$ n9 d- b  2. What market is the Most in need of the advertising? ( )
+ S5 ?/ q$ T, Y& M" Y6 E2 Q! m" ^  A. Fully competitive market
5 ^7 h; D9 A3 i8 [  B. Monopolize market 7 `; f: `  {( z
  C. Competitive monopoly market
3 G& q0 t3 s) }- e7 n  D. Oligopoly market ; k  b2 t4 E4 d' \" |( S! {
  3. The value of national output: ( )   S/ o1 ]% u% d5 L$ ]( z
  A. Is the same of the output of all businesses.
5 \& P5 X* O/ L# d  B. Is the aggregate of output of employed persons. ; ?: T3 e' |9 p7 P% c/ V; {
  C. Is synonymous with aggregate manufacturing output. 5 b7 G  h) I' G* i* f2 ^
  D. Utilizes the "added value" concept. / _7 S% |  I1 A& d9 p2 C
  4. With C = 10 + 0.7Y and the level of income changing from $70 billion to $80 billion, the increase in consumption and the revised average propensity to consume (ape) respectively would be: ( )
& ?( E* E9 A( B' J) Z  A. $9 billion and 0.78.
0 ^7 [4 m1 g. g* x; |' s+ [1 M1 W! u7 f  B. $6 billion and 0.8.
+ M7 y( v' Y% C' @- A1 z  C. $7 billion and 0.79. ; `: T5 {% G; u( B% ?. \
  D. $7 billion and 0.825.
$ k0 Q  N$ p; c, H2 m# m  5. Which of the following goods is likely to have the most elastic demand? ( )
8 M& @& {5 ]7 V, m0 J! F  A. A particular brand of breakfast cereal.
) U9 R" }7 E/ z; I  B. Breakfast cereals in general.
8 a2 F  P. \, m6 O. N  C. A very cheap good on which not much is spent (e.g. matches newspaper) . - x8 i  O7 l; h; b4 F5 B
  D. An essential good. 0 ?8 m$ W( m" n3 e7 \- ?
  6. School students paying a lower fare than adults on the MTR trains, or cheaper tickets to the theatre, is an example of: ()
9 B2 R: e7 X5 W0 }! }5 i, z  A. The suppliers making less profit because some customers pay a lower price. 3 g3 G3 A( p5 y0 I
  B. Consumers obtaining more consumer surplus.
8 w/ T" I0 E- \  C. Price discrimination allowing the suppliers to make more profit from charging a higher price to
$ u- _  f) w, S  customers whose demand is more elastic.
3 n' G5 I# }: G/ y  D. Price discrimination allowing the suppliers to make more profit from charging a lower price to customers whose demand is more elastic. 7 A7 [* x/ {( o0 k7 {& r9 Q
  7. A futures trader goes long one futures contract at $450. The settlement price 1 day before expiration is $500. On expiration day, the future is trading at $505. The least likely way the futures trader will lock in her profits on expiration is: ( ) ( J% \' g; R. N3 s6 w
  A. Take delivery of the underlying asset and pay $500 to the short.
" p3 Q* n# a7 A) R  B. Close out the futures position by selling the futures contract at $505.
2 U; X1 s. a, q8 S& ^4 V( _$ W3 [  C. Take delivery of the underlying asset and pay the expiration settlement price to the short.
; ?5 K8 ?* v; Y  P2 j/ p. Y. d  D. Cash settle the futures and receive the difference between $500 and the expiration settlement price.
+ `! _6 e$ e( d5 R4 K5 W+ v' }  8. In the context of break-even analysis, the Margin of Safety for a firm is: ( ) 8 b9 Z% H4 j! ^7 B  T% U$ q
  A. The difference between the sales revenue achieved and the break-even revenue.
' v  y4 j$ x2 a0 z* n0 ~# q  B. The difference between planned (or actual) output and the break-even quantity in a particular time period.
& m& W" g0 h/ e4 l5 u8 z3 L  C. The percentage difference between planned (or actual) output and the break-even quantity. $ ]; D8 O$ e! A8 n# k
  D. The difference between planned (or actual) output and the break-even quantity. 3 L0 b( u8 L9 K1 d+ Q
  9. There is 5-year annuity of $3,000 per year. However, the first payment will not pay until year 3. Assuming the interest rate is 10%, calculate the present value of this annuity. ( ) 9 G: x+ p. n6 I$ E
  A. $8397. , J# l5 P& l( ]7 }
  B. $9,399.
/ \5 _. f5 X  z- {% z  C. $10,258.
7 ]% k  B$ X, Y2 O; D  D. None of the above. . w) i0 `; }; b' M  E( `
  10. Hub Global, Inc. has issued two classes of debt securities to finance its operations, a first mortgage bond and debenture bonds. All else equal, will the default and recovery rates of the debenture likely be higher than the first mortgage bond? ( )
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-28 01:38 , Processed in 0.157969 second(s), 21 queries .