立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 77|回复: 0

[考试辅导] 金融英语阅读辅导:通货膨胀引起全球经济萎缩

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-16 08:12:37 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  NEW YORK -- Slower growth is spreading around the world with inflation being main threat to causing global recession, U.S. Conference Board said here on Thursday.
3 r0 p* h# ~* q2 D  Vice President and Chief Economist of U.S. Conference Board Bart van Ark told a press briefing that with U.S. consumer confidence hitting the lowest level since 1992, and employment trends index showing no relief in short term, U.S. economy is in a solid slow growth mode, with little perspective to move much in rest of 2008.5 J5 U, O3 G" W+ B/ a2 y' B
  Meanwhile, Europe and emerging economies in Asia are also showing significant slowdown in economy growth, he said.; E7 ~. w# _/ s3 I3 o% m6 q8 E
  Van Ark pointed out that the main downward risk comes from global inflation. While U.S. and European inflation trends may come down as demand eases, the global trend, in particular for emerging economies remains worrying, he said.
" b3 L( X+ m' @0 E  "Even after speculative bubbles burst, inflation rate may not come down to level before the increase," van Ark said. "Demand- supply mismatches will not be easily relaxed, and protectionist backlashes may distort global growth."
! x, I7 N* ]# n' E, n' i: s  Established in 1916, the U.S. Conference Board is the world's preeminent business membership and research organization, best known for its monthly U.S. Consumer Confidence Index and the Leading Economic Indicators.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-19 07:46 , Processed in 0.579252 second(s), 21 queries .