立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 99|回复: 1

[考试辅导] A look at economic developments around the globe

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-16 08:12:37 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  A look at economic developments and activity in major stock markets around the world Thursday:7 c3 b$ r! z. f+ z7 X
  ___
- C1 n) ^) p$ ?# c% z  LONDON — World stock markets mostly rose as traders put aside uncertainty about the size of the Federal Reserve's economy-boosting bond purchase plan to sort through a raft of earnings reports.5 K+ R0 F# p* g, q# i3 J
  Britain's FTSE 100 index was up 1 percent at 5,699.84 and Germany's DAX was up 0.9 percent at 6,626.35. France's CAC-40 was 1.1 percent higher at 3,857.79. Earlier in Asia, Japan's benchmark Nikkei 225 stock index closed down 0.2 percent to 9,366.03.
- Q1 I5 M( O9 z$ ^, j1 u  ___
# j& l: K+ e$ o  BRUSSELS — Germany and France sought to convince skeptical EU partners to back new rules on state spending, which they say are needed to prevent another government debt crisis in Europe.- a2 r0 i" p! p  y
  German Chancellor Angela Merkel and French President Nicolas Sarkozy arrived at a two-day EU summit in Brussels seeking a permanent crisis resolution mechanism, which would force private creditors to bear some of the cost of bailing out a highly indebted country.) E9 }/ ^# o8 @
  They also called for stripping EU voting rights from repeat overspenders — a radical measure that some say will not pass.! u  k3 W% v; @$ |
  ___
8 D* @, a2 h$ t# j, b& y; z  DUBLIN — The interest rate on Ireland's national debt reached a new euro-era high as investors sold off Irish bonds on skepticism that the country can meet a European Union deadline for reversing its deficits." T$ O) y/ Y: D3 X1 N. S! U+ @1 C
  The yield on Ireland's 10-year bonds rose above 7 percent for the first time since the euro's launch 11 years ago. That broke a previous high of 6.9 percent reached last month as doubts swelled over Ireland's ability to tame its deficit, which is forecast this year to reach 32 percent of GDP, a modern European record.1 O# t3 O1 o- h/ J# \
  ___
% w# f' ^. V) {" U  BERLIN — The number of Germans out of work sank below 3 million in October for the first time in two years, a sign of the country's resilient labor market." L$ @5 R% Q: A- i/ d" \
  The unadjusted jobless rate sank to 7 percent in October from 7.2 percent in September, with 2.945 million people out of work, the Federal Labor Agency said. That was down 86,000 from September, a drop the agency credited both to a traditional seasonal improvement and economic recovery./ y4 ~7 a4 e- h+ G- B" x1 ]6 ]4 @" N
  ___
* I. c' h/ {' t  ATHENS, Greece — Contract workers at Greece's Culture Ministry have staged another protest at the ancient Acropolis, in an effort to press the government to extend their short-term work agreements.
: d" E& h) c3 P( Q( B1 E; k: z( O  ___
! {0 p% T; _/ P/ i: w+ b: L. ^* C4 r  PARIS — More nationwide street protests and strikes caused travel woes even though parliament has already approved President Nicolas Sarkozy's unpopular plan to raise the retirement age.' P2 L3 r3 y  j5 i4 k
  ___" c4 h, w1 |6 H( t
  LONDON — A major British mortgage lender says that average house prices fell 0.7 percent in October, continuing a modest downturn since the start of the summer.8 u, G4 K; ~% H7 h6 j! F
  ___) G( ?$ \& r/ k% `: U
  BEIJING — China's leaders are promising to narrow its huge trade surplus and curb surging emissions of climate-changing greenhouse gases in an ambitious five-year plan to make its economy cleaner and more high-tech.
, q' }% C8 t7 b+ j* h  The Communist Party plan also promises to encourage consumer spending to reduce reliance on exports to power growth. The plan was approved last week by party leaders.
, G& l# ^3 [9 e6 p  ___# M7 m4 Q3 r: X) R' q! ]
  TOKYO — Japan's central bank cut its economic growth forecasts and kept interest rates near zero, as the export-reliant nation confronts a strong yen and waning overseas demand.( `, b5 L5 ~% [& X: o
  In its October outlook report, the Bank of Japan forecast the world's No. 3 economy to grow 2.1 percent in the year through March 2011 and 1.8 percent the following year. Its July assessment projected growth of 2.6 percent and 1.9 percent respectively.3 ^- U& J0 q/ Y) x5 z9 U
  ___3 c* \& c$ y* e4 z1 h* C
  BEIJING — China said it will not use exports of rare earths, exotic minerals required by high-tech industry, as a diplomatic "bargaining tool" while Washington pressed Beijing to clarify its policy following its de facto ban on supplies to Japan.+ z* B6 `3 k7 ~2 V
  ___
+ Q+ z. v, `' Q4 b  r( W/ W
0 |/ e! }5 N+ C9 L8 S  SHANGHAI — China and the European Union have agreed to pursue jointly financed research focused on sharing and developing technologies for cleaner, less polluting and safer aircraft.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-16 08:12:38 | 显示全部楼层

A look at economic developments around the globe

</p>  ___: s7 e# u: m. N2 N1 V3 f5 ]- F
  WELLINGTON, New Zealand — New Zealand's central bank held its key interest rate at 3 percent amid a weak economic recovery, and the bank signaled it's in no hurry to raise rates
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-19 07:46 , Processed in 0.460933 second(s), 23 queries .