立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 45|回复: 0

[考试辅导] 签订合约SigningAContract(1)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-16 08:17:42 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  JOHN: Have you had a chance to look over the contract?
! ^4 R/ Q$ p% m  LORRIE: Yes. I’ve read it carefully.
' C9 ]( H* v% g. G+ S  y; D6 }  JOHN: And do you have any questions?" l) B! w, B2 L
  LORRIE: No. But the contract stipulates that I will teach 22 hours a week.
5 l1 _0 }% Q* x( m  Will you have that many classes for me right away?* j' @4 W0 D: z, h6 ~
  JOHN: No, probably not. For the first two weeks you may teach 10 or 15 hours.
+ D) ^3 f& v9 w& T! o& m2 }( `  LORRIE: But my salary will be 1100 dollars a month.
% Y5 @  T7 q' t6 e1 j0 w  Will you pay me that much for the first month?
. o5 X' b9 n. L* d) ^  Because, I mean, I won’t be working so many hours.
9 H! y( A* Q6 D6 @* h, S! X8 m  JOHN: I understand. That’s why I didn’t write the date on the contract.
6 o; O: ~" i- m  U6 x1 S, Q  For the first two weeks, we will pay you according to the hours you teach.  w/ w0 q& C& @4 P7 v) r; e/ }" o
  When you have 22 hours of classes, then the contract will take effect.. n- `$ a; k; @( k0 t5 D
  Is that alright with you?; S" D) q  e# U' B* U- u
  LORRIE: Oh, so I don’t sign the contract today. Is that right?
5 x+ U, ^7 {7 ^" b5 m  JOHN: I don’t want you to misunderstand, Miss Briggs.
, \" K( T5 Y8 P  P" s  We are very serious about hiring you. We want you to teach for us.: K" H) t# u5 o/ `* H
  We usually do contracts this way because it is more convenient.0 P. e$ L  Z2 E4 v3 q
  LORRIE: I can accept that.2 M9 W' B. |& {' d2 g+ v  z' W2 F5 l
  JOHN: Good. And your benefits will begin immediately., J% w+ c. u7 C5 ?2 W, @" p
  LORRIE: Even my health insurance?
$ q7 Z; g# \; a- S/ J  JOHN: Yes. We will apply for your health insurance tomorrow.
9 K, [: ~& {- ^# ~% k  And your free membership in the club starts today if you like.9 L, u5 `4 f1 e
  LORRIE: I have a few questions about the free membership.  B4 R& j2 r7 ]5 D- d; K9 ^
  JOHN: What would you like to know?: E% x' [+ S% V+ O  _! R
  LORRIE: Is my membership the same as paying club members?7 b; A+ i0 ?9 g) |1 Z* ?( ~9 y. f
  I mean, can I get discounts at club hotels?$ \6 ?# |/ i! ?! _- U: A5 z  h
  JOHN: Absolutely. The only difference is in the restaurant and bar vouchers.: A" u/ B% C$ o
  LORRIE: What are bar vouchers?
2 W7 E- ^% B9 [2 f# D4 M+ M. l: O9 x" A  JOHN: Paying club members get around 300 dollars a year in restaurant vouchers.
) n# {6 [! F: B8 H3 P  F  The vouchers can be used in the restaurant or the lounge.
* p) X; u" s/ b! V" M3 {  But we don’t offer vouchers to employees.6 s) U3 K+ M9 z& K$ S6 E+ f
  LORRIE: But according to the contract, employees get a discount in the restaurant.: Z9 g7 T# C% @* Q6 ]! s3 G
  JOHN: That’s right. So in a way, it is cheaper for you than for the members.; c0 d8 K2 T& W) N6 a; k
  You get more benefits than they do.
9 }" s. V3 Z0 b2 Y( s  LORRIE: So, for now, you want me to keep a copy of the contract.
/ O! [6 Z" {2 j2 y4 o+ D  But we won’t sign it yet. Is that right?1 H$ A% G. K. X! f, Z
  JOHN: Yes. I’ve prepared the contract just so that you understand everything.
( u6 a! P6 l$ \# x$ J/ Z, m  So that you understand the terms." |+ q  `% {6 O8 T7 g! h
  LORRIE: I understand.
% ]  J* f. N1 Y3 Q' R& M+ a3 `  {  And according to the terms on the contract, I am happy to accept this job.
3 H3 t& Z0 x$ K5 E  F. R  I look forward to it.
, E$ k- k: g' e8 H  JOHN: I’m very pleased. We look forward to having you here, Miss Briggs
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-10-7 06:19 , Processed in 0.172867 second(s), 21 queries .