查看: 41|回复: 0

[考试辅导] 金融英语备考资料口语篇-美国金融制度(一)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-16 08:17:42 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  The American Financial System (1) * g8 Y# _: `' a4 U  [* j, B  p
  美国金融制度(一)
, F( `% z4 G' ~( i  Situation 6
/ }; M% R. n2 u" ^; L  情景 6
3 p0 p1 c' k3 Q# A+ K  Iwao Tanaka ,making his first business trip to the United States,is talking to an American banker about the financial and monetary system of the U.S.
4 F8 ?) }$ l) H5 I" [  M  田中岩夫第一次因公出差工到美国,他正在与美国的一位银行家谈到美国金融和货币制度。 0 B2 x& Z; Y# K3 i- ~2 q* @9 s
  Tanaka:What is meant by the term Federal Reserve System ?Is that the central bank of the UnitedStates?
, o7 `( I! Z9 B3 S4 |  田 中:什么是美国联邦储蓄系统?它是美国的中央银行吗?
( e! p9 s. b$ B. q% a  Banker :Technically it is not ,Mr.Tanaka,but it functions in that capacity . + r; W- V/ Y1 C- Y
  银行家:从法律上讲,它不是,田中先生。但是它发挥了那样的作用。 % i. P8 o3 {' Z
  The Federal Reserve System ,or the Fed as it is usually called,is the fiscal agent of the United States. ; t! {8 Y/ a' _; _* ]
  美国联邦储备系统即平常称之为“联邦”的是美国财政机构。
5 w, b. b- w( \  It has authority to issure notes which are the main currency of the country ,
0 q. _' ~# k: I% ^& e+ |  它有权发行作为国家主要货币的纸币, 4 o2 L0 b6 U' E+ C
  to control the money supply and to supervise banks and banking practices in the country . + N; U9 n+ x; g% X* a' v
  有权控制货仙的供应量,并有权监督国内银行及银行业务活动。
& G" U. @6 E1 T0 Y% S$ U  T;It’s owned by the government ,isn’t it ? 2 x4 E" Z3 }4 r& k
  田 中:它属于政府所有,是吗?
/ P# s) v8 f2 y: S, S  B:No ,it isn’t .Actually ,the Fed really consists of 12 banks which are owned by all the nationallychartered banks in their respective districts.
2 n9 k# u1 }2 T' N; V# ]  银行家:不是的。实际上,美国联邦储备系统包括十二家银行,这些银行都是由所在地区的国家立案银行掌握所有权。 : N# x1 q6 M1 k. X( c
  But the supervisory board ,called the Board of Governors,is a government agency responsible tothe Congress. : V& d% T' |6 \4 G9 J
  但是他被称为“总裁理事会”的具有监督作用的理事会是一个政府机构,它向国会负责。
7 C7 T) r% n) C8 T/ M; G( G  T:What do you mean by nationally chartered banks?Don’t all banks have to have charters? ) T- \, D6 s# ]
  田 中:您所说的国家立案的银行是什么意思?难道不是所有的银行都必须立案吗?
# W: L! B4 A, j: j  ~- u* T6 M  B:Yes,every bank must have a charter or license to do business .But we have a dual bankingsystem here in the United States.
7 Q9 P9 v4 w4 c% h. \  银行家:是的,每个银行都必须立案或者得到准许证才能营业。但是在美国,我们这里实行的是双重银行体制, & P; {5 [3 b4 `- ~
  That means some banks are licensed by the Federal government and some by individual states. ! o# k/ K' j& Y( i  X8 a: @! ~
  就是说,有些银行是由联邦政府签发的准许证,而有些则是各个州签发的。
, h. ?2 A2 J# N  d4 W6 y% y  There are approximately 5,000 national banks and 10,000 state banks in the country .
/ G" b% h/ X6 B2 i  在美国大约有5000所国立银行和10000所州立银行。 ' ~! y1 N# w/ C3 G6 Z& e# G
  T:Are they all supervised by the Fed? : p9 U& Z% ~7 G: M; W- @# l" B9 T
  田 中:这些银行受美国联邦储备系统监督吗?
* V" Y& V" B0 [4 T" C( J  B:Only the national banks are .
# V4 _5 ?7 t6 ?* ~3 v3 G  Q, c' T  银行家:不,只有国立银行是这样的。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-6-17 09:43 , Processed in 0.213560 second(s), 21 queries .