QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 151|回复: 1

[FECT高级考试] 金融英语:法律名称英译若干问题2

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-16 08:34:12 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
其次,是法律(广义)名称大小写原有一定的规矩,奈译者时而不懂或不守规则,舛误起矣,如:
- A+ [0 `; U0 \; \' n8. Interim Procedures of Shanghai Municipality on the Intake of Experts From( 应作 from) abroad
; t9 w' A( g* w-Shanghai’s foreign Economic Rules and Regulations(1993-1994),p.3 ( f( r) \1 q9 D. a3 n
9. Article l (purpose and Basis)
8 t" J$ E8 i# m9 d/ Z0 }" Y* l$ c9 PThe present Procedures are formulated in accordance with the “procedures on the Administration of Registration of Enterprises’ Property Right Over( 应作小写 over) State-owned Assets”……
8 y1 n3 w  E- W, _" C-Supplement (Chinese-English) New Laws and Regulations Monthly,1997,1,p.183 6 i/ U+ J8 o; x7 ?' p
10. Measures of the Customs of the People’s Republic of China Concerning the Administration of the Goods, Means of Transport, and Articles Carried by Individuals to be ( 应作大写 Be) Brought into or out( 须大写 ) of the Bonded Area of Outer Gaoqiao in Shanghai
* Z1 V+ I) Q" n$ [-Laws and Regulations of the People’s Republic of China Governing Foreign-Related Matters, China Legal System Publishing House, Beijing 1991.7,p.11 1 H* |8 Z5 `/ ^3 K6 c# I
三、是介词(或准介词)之使用失当,如:查表示法律规范调整的对象,《新法规月刊》增刊 1997 年第 1 期共刊载 15 个条例、规定之类,几乎都通过介词 “on” ,只有一个例外用 “for” : 5 F, b! B. A! x% R- R' ^' u5 D3 ]0 P
Regulations of Shanghai Municipality on the Administration of Mudflat
8 a/ D4 W! t( \) P; n: B/ TProvisions of Shanghai Municipality on the Control of Hygiene of the Food Sold on Urban and Rural Fairs * T# C; A" L, N9 [% p+ z& l
Regulations of Shanghai Municipality on Mother and Infant Health Care
8 a2 n; a; G# k# H* nRegulations of Shanghai Municipality on the Flow of Talented Personnel 7 _) s5 S2 g2 t) z3 E
Regulations of Shanghai Municipality on Drainage Administration * W; B. x/ x/ Q# J% C6 I4 ?2 b
Regulations on Shanghai Waigaoqiao Free Trade Zone
* x$ U8 H: v$ M; RRules of Shanghai Municipality for the Implementation of the Regulations on Family Planning (例外)
6 P; p# d5 C# ?8 {- A6 F% y! pProcedures of Shanghai Municipality on the Registration of Institutions ( Y% ?6 H6 |8 O5 Q& |
Procedures of Shanghai Municipality on the Administration of Construction Project Contracting
( w" I( K( s7 a* G. b) L2 l2 |/ x7 ^) H: HProcedures of Shanghai Municipality on the Administration of the Temporary Residence Permit for HongKong and Macao Residents and Overseas Chinese
, e6 L$ Y- [) uProcedures of Shanghai Municipality on the Granting of Land-use Right
2 R# h4 v% l0 X7 ], sProcedures of Shanghai Municipality on Social Relief 2 a6 g' X" g7 b, c8 k) |& `' I
Procedures of Shanghai Municipality on the Management of Public Libraries ( Y" b& w9 d' {0 W2 N
Procedures of Shanghai Municipality on the Implementation of Enterprises’ Property Right Over State-owned Assets % T; r7 f4 p" p8 H1 E; x3 d
Procedures of Shanghai Municipality on the Protection of Basic Farmland
7 l0 K( z( T' }' e7 k其中的例外用 “for” ,含义与 “on” 不同:表示调整对象,不如由 “on” 表达来得贴切。其次 “on” 只有两个字母(而 “for” 由三个字母拼缀而成),更符合法律名称应尽量言简意赅,短小精悍的要求。遗憾的是,拾 “on” 而取 “for” 的往往还不少哩。例如上海远东出版社 1994 年版的 Shanghai’s Foreign Economic Rules and Regulations(1991-1992) 一书共有十个 “ 法规规章 ” ,其中表示其调整对象而使用介词 “on” 的仅两例,而使用 “for” 的反而有七例: " A7 R, }. s2 H  Y) W( D2 K0 a
Procedures of Shanghai Municipality for the Implementation of……
7 V3 U1 L- g( cInterim Provisions for the Control of Shanghai Metal Exchange $ W" D+ i8 M' y" i, B
Interim Procedures of Shanghai Municipality for Encouragement of Nonlocal Investments in the Pudong New Area , e- `9 E- `5 ^5 g, K) y
Procedures of the Customs of the People’s Republic of China for the Control of Goods……
  a  y1 a# K$ X3 s& G4 N5 i0 YRules of the Shanghai Customs House for the Implementation of surveillance over, and Levy of or Exemption from…… 4 F; e( Q/ h4 F( Z8 I0 E2 n1 O% p
Procedures for Controls…… + D. Q( I. k4 Z* C/ I
Rules for the implementation of…… 7 P* C7 l: g- x: p  ^8 s& B. D
为什么不用首选 “on” 而退而求其次用 “for” 呢?更何况还有三处是采用那累赘不堪的 “Concerning” 呢:
$ N% I' }  ?, y$ k- Q3 nInterim Procedures Concerning the Examination, Approval and ……
" b: j9 Y! `" u9 X2 {以下弥足珍贵的一例,可以替代在 “on” 与 “governing” 之间左右摇摆、举棋不定而终于匆匆了事的译审行为: 4 f: M7 }* t6 U# Z+ T+ \
Regulations of Shanghai Municipality on Governing Trade Unions in Chinese-foreign Joint Ventures 6 X2 _- y  {  Q+ s; w0 W
于兹场合,即使用了都尚不能算错之时,这些词( for/concerning/governing )绝对不能列为首选( governing 一词很正宗,现在却并不多用,而在四十年代初笔者是奉之为首选的) — 首选当然是 “on” 了。 7 i  r" G0 P! L
四、存在的其他问题,如: ) L$ R: x, C4 X2 {' f
9 q; |% u: t* {% \( j
1 、多用不必用的 governing/concerning, 如:
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-16 08:34:13 | 显示全部楼层

金融英语:法律名称英译若干问题2

</p>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-6-29 09:58 , Processed in 0.397895 second(s), 24 queries .