立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 61|回复: 0

[FECT高级考试] 银行业务:业务重点归纳(2)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-16 08:44:06 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  The minimum paid-up shares capital requirement is now HK$25 million instead of HK $10
! v' t2 r+ z5 X+ G  w! l  million as before.% v8 c5 ]( Z: D; ?  J) y6 M$ ^
  l The implications of the system
) S, u3 W7 \4 b; ~8 f  Sound overseas banks, even though they do not meet the approval criteria for a
3 g+ R& Q4 S: ?7 q5 R" u/ Z  full license, are now allowed to branch into HK as RLBs, as an alternative to
8 |/ y$ w5 m4 K2 B- L  setting up a subsidiary here.
) a/ M5 ]7 D7 n0 d  1. Direct entry to the tier of RLB is allowed.) H% S9 L8 j! @/ ?/ F! q. Z: H7 W& O
  2. The status of RLB is superior to that of the LDTC where a RLB is incorporated9 e0 q: C; |% ]) P# @4 f5 F
  overseas.) y" u6 k" R7 u) Z, j: ]
  3. Overseas banks are newly –authorized RLBs in branch form are allowed to operate only from offices in one2 a' S! v/ \2 l' D2 A
  building% y4 i7 Z/ k& w" o
  4. Local banks traditionally operate in the retail market whereas overseas
9 b& W# e3 P  @( U  banks authorized as RLBs are mainly carrying on merchant banking business.
' O$ i4 g: j$ c  n$ j# F  l HK monetary authority:
9 l+ z# j0 A2 v& Y$ A  1. Established in 1 April 1993- N; p. W9 o- X
  2. Merging the office of the Exchanged Fund with the Office of the Commissioner
' [- K8 M; ]7 _9 E1 k  of Banking.
* I4 F9 q! r$ C  3. Purpose: to maintain the continuity and professionalism in HK’s monetary and reserves management and banking supervision, in a way which
) r& p9 S4 i' t) ]0 p: p  commands the confidence of the people of HK and the international financial' M! E/ t8 u8 D$ Q: O9 {
  community.
( S, w: c& |7 b0 L9 |  Responsibility:/ C2 t' b3 B& u. h* V4 K
  1. Execution and development of monetary policy
( I! a- u  Y1 n; Y  2. Maintenance of exchange rate and monetary stability) I3 U2 W( y: v' h7 p( H
  3. Development of the debt market in HK
# j' N+ ]& n) R+ G5 y  4. Promoting the efficiency, integrity and development of payment and settlement5 V3 K' J8 a& R$ W; g
  arrangements
" H; Z4 k' V$ I1 Z4 ~0 L: j0 G  5. Managing the assets of the Exchange Fund
0 P* ?- U5 j- X( j  6. Prudential supervision of authorized institutions under the Banking Ordinance
- t( r" k9 N+ T4 k: e, a  7. Formulating polices relating to banking supervision. T  z, S6 c8 j. M3 u
  8. HKMA is an integral part of the government but is able to employ staff on: n/ u0 _+ M. A
  different
6 y9 Q- H8 F( |4 }. Q# g9 |, }  terms to those of the civil service to attract personnel of the right caliber,
, X* w) t" d2 o' A9 y  experience and expertise." {5 o: v5 E+ o* U3 ^" }
  9. HKMA is accountable to Financial Secretary, who is advised by the Exchange& ?( e7 F6 X1 [( }9 C
  Fund Advisory Committee on matters relating to the control of the Exchanged
$ ~# U; y7 L" P  Fund and on the annual budget of the HKMA.
2 I$ I1 I% c: r" P0 l  ^( O  Business scope:
7 E# Q; u5 \' @) q  1. Deposits
9 ]- D- ^4 T; @/ |" D  2. Loans
  u6 T# {& y* ^) k1 v; L; |  3. Settlement
) W) u- y* G2 ?$ P4 x9 Y  4. Guarantees5 f- [6 q: v" X8 {! u
  5. Interbank borrowing and lending# O6 g3 z0 N; ^* p& o
  6. Trade in Chinese treasury bond
& G4 g/ T8 ?' ]" O% J* Q4 t  1. Definition of a “banking “in Hong Kong
& c- s9 I  B- [8 M( v  A bank is a financial intermediary, which provides special types of services relating! ~- u# e; j& V( h2 z; U. M
  directlyor indirectly to finance. In Hong Kong, the Banking Ordinance defines# S0 S. b! |4 {- t! r
  a “bank” as a company, which carries on “banking business”, and holds/ f! Q; b# F/ p1 o! r* k
  a valid bank license granted by the HKMA together with the SAR Chief Executive.( B2 _4 s7 r$ x5 n
  * Per se 本质上& v4 I$ a$ r2 b2 ?  ]* n' [8 l  x
  2. Banking business) ]# r. y4 I% v' p
  Banking business is:
" G+ J3 _' E5 I0 ~  (1) Receiving from the general public money on current deposit, savings deposit* n) G* b  c* E
  or other similar account repayable on demand or within less than three months$ `1 `" K- Q4 L) l: e
  or at call or notice less than three month;1 M6 u+ Z7 h9 @0 s5 V0 \
  (2) Paying or collecting cheques drawn by or paid in by customers.
# \5 J, ]2 ^, q! z/ M5 G7 @4 f  (3) Providing credit cards or charge cards to customers, give business advice,& R( O6 n$ T5 n1 {* O
  handle clients’ auto-pay system, transfer money, and provide foreign exchange and other services.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-6-29 02:58 , Processed in 0.216888 second(s), 21 queries .