只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 43|回复: 0

[FECT高级考试] 银行业务:重点归纳(一)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-16 08:44:06 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  第一章: The Hong Kong banking system – an introduction0 u( I- D: z' t( [0 r
  1)The main features of the three-tier system/ K" x6 B, ]/ K) y" v! H9 V
  The essential feature of the change in the system is that the old categories of the Licensed Deposit –Taking Companies (LTDS) and the Registered Deposit-taking Companies (RTDS) were replaced by two new categories, the restricted licensed banks (RLBs) replace the LTDS and the deposit taking companies (DTCS) replace the RDCs./ ]% \  P# G' n2 g- N
  There is no change in respect of Licensed Banks except that the minimum paid-up share capital for locally incorporated banks is increased from HK$100 million to HK$150 million.
& ~% C9 s: P; {6 g6 O" J& u  |: j  The minimum paid-up shares capital requirement is now HK$25 million instead of HK $10 million as before.
- H, P" S7 I, R% z& A+ V  2)The implications of the system
7 g" S1 h% v& k/ ~$ j! |+ }  Sound overseas banks, even though they do not meet the approval criteria for a full license, are now allowed to branch into HK as RLBs, as an alternative to setting up a subsidiary here.
$ P) ^# I7 a% y, s; B  1. Direct entry to the tier of RLB is allowed.' s: J' J- `4 f; I$ {
  2. The status of RLB is superior to that of the LDTC where a RLB is incorporated overseas.* {+ h9 m- C- V& b) }
  3. Overseas banks are newly –authorized RLBs in branch form are allowed to operate only from offices in one building, E# L; L& Z4 b" i" U2 i8 a! F4 b
  4. Local banks traditionally operate in the retail market whereas overseas banks authorized as RLBs are mainly carrying on merchant banking business.
- Z( Q* |6 k5 c8 u0 C4 S  3)HK monetary authority:
/ c7 J. U( R! k0 }0 V5 E0 b  1. Established in 1 April 1993
  Q9 j/ M8 C7 {+ [3 |( R- n. e  2. Merging the office of the Exchanged Fund with the Office of the Commissioner of Banking.
% B5 L; Q) q& W: @  3. Purpose: to maintain the continuity and professionalism in HK’s monetary and reserves management and banking supervision, in a way which commands the confidence of the people of HK and the international financial community.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-6-29 02:43 , Processed in 0.175809 second(s), 21 queries .