立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 81|回复: 0

[FECT高级考试] 金融英语:ChineseEconomyonFastTrack(1)中国经济步入快车道

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-16 08:57:55 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  The size of the Chinese economy is likely to climb, in world rankings, from its current position as the sixth largest to the second largest by 2030, said economists with global investment bank Lehman Brothers.
0 S! f6 z' W( s+ h4 A  With its gross domestic product (GDP) growing at an annual rate of 6 per cent, China will come in after the United States to secure the second place spot, the economists said.
/ d& j  p; }4 W7 h5 }2 W! P  Such an economy stands to offer exciting business and capital market opportunities to foreigners over the next 10 years or so, said Robert Subbaraman, a Lehman Brothers senior economist who is the co-author of a newly released comprehensive report on China's economic, political, social and foreign policy prospects over the next 10 years.
' Z( |+ [& B( Z* C( q  At a press conference last week in Beijing, Subbaraman and his colleagues offered detailed explanations of their forecasts regarding the impact of the country's accession to the World Trade Organization (WTO), growth opportunities and how to do business in China.) u2 a, c7 o$ W" q9 d) S
  Notes
6 t. Q% s# L! [" l2 j' x. @; _  size n.considerable extent, amount, or dimensions大量:可观的范围、数量或大小
  e9 F$ _, ?2 K8 h, d  例:a debt of enormous size.9 G) c! M2 `+ d2 X
  巨额债务, L+ T3 b7 O( [% N" k, e" P" R
  climb vi.to rise slowly, steadily, or effortfully; ascend.See Synonyms at rise上升:缓慢地、稳当地或努力地升起" A' ?" L4 J/ k4 `0 `
  in world rankings按世界排名
+ C1 B, S# O5 E  current position目前位置
* @- z& r3 _4 [% U) Z/ q* c  ]" ^$ Q; t  the sixth largest第六大0 V8 T1 [/ r( w2 O3 b# |. o
  Lehman Brothers雷曼兄弟(投资银行)
5 r5 K: t" Q: u4 g8 K  gross domestic product (GDP)国内生产总值) V# A; U% d) M
  at an annual rate of 6 per cent按6%年增长率8 G6 s9 P9 }4 {( z0 D% e
  secure vt.to get possession of; acquire获得…财产;取得
! ~2 o- r1 Y+ p  R) j# |- }  stand vi.to be in a position of possible gain or loss处于一种可能得到或失去的状态:
# o2 p# t: @# ]9 A. ~7 i. [  例:She stands to make a fortune.( H+ `( Q" ~# m* I
  他立在命运的路口
1 @1 \" W; ?2 @* j# ]" r/ @% o  co-author n.合著者
2 l5 P+ S. n8 T! v  prospect n.financial expectations, especially of success展望:经济上的期望,尤指对于成功的3 d9 t8 L# v; X
  a press conference记者招待会
4 u: |8 f$ |: w- E5 j  impact n.the effect of one thing on another影响:一个事物对另一个事物的影响& i, y# E0 F# {2 O
  accession n.进入;接收
! y4 b( \4 J" j9 ?: N$ m  ^. I  World Trade Organization (WTO)世界贸易组织
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 09:23 , Processed in 0.231581 second(s), 21 queries .