立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 80|回复: 0

[FECT高级考试] 金融英语辅导之理论与实务备考资料12

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-16 08:57:55 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  I.China is Now a Key Area in the Global Strategies of Multinational Companies3 n0 T/ J7 h& Y6 R
  Once upon a time, multinational companies were very sober-minded about investing in China. Of the large German and Japanese companies, originally only Volkswagen and the Sanyo invested in Shanghai, Changchun and Shenzhen on a significant scale. When recalling the days of studying China's investment climate in 1981, Dr. Karl Harn, a magnate in the German auto industry, said, "For most multinational companies at that time, China was still a mysterious, shy girl".
! I. c+ A! q* z' f4 O6 v5 o  But today, changes have taken places. Multinational companies are begining to accelerate their investment in China on a large scale, and have integrated with China's economic and social activities in every sector.3 Q* a/ O% i7 p# ~. F3 u" t
  According to statistic, 400 out of the "FORTUNE 500" have made a direct investment in over 2000 projects in China. In Pudong, Shanghai alone, the total value of 181 projects invested by 98 companies has reached U.S.$ 8 billion.
8 f* |: s; r( g* A/ E, ]  In recent years, the "FORTUNE 500" 500 target at China, apart from the impetus of the international situation, China' own potential is also a strong temptation.3 n9 `8 `6 ^8 E8 V) o; i
  As for the remarkable achievements of China's economy, chairman and CEO of the Boeing Company, can't help showing his admiration. "China's GDP growth rate in the past twenty-three years is 2.5 times more than in North America and Europe. If the leading increase rate keeps going, China will undoubtedly grow into a strong economic power in the next fifty years. Multinational companies must attach sufficient importance to the promising purchasing power on the Chinese market".
9 ?5 _- ^3 ?* S6 p2 Z2 A  Notes5 r  T. T, j0 T
  1.multinational companies跨国公司9 J( q# X  [# Y8 s
  multinational adj.多国的, 跨国公司的5 d4 K, G& J" E& c! ^
  2.adjust vt.to change so as to match or fit; cause to correspond调节,调整:改变…以相适或适应;使与…相适
  c2 N+ R, U" m! R# Y  3.strategy n.策略;战略
& N! g& U3 g8 ]# L  4.key n.钥匙, 关键
, L+ R( @( j8 V( A5 k/ P) W, d  5.global adj.全球的, 全世界的
+ s6 l" \( Y/ U- t% S  6.sober-minded a.头脑冷静的
8 t$ I1 d/ I. I2 W) ?  7.recall vt.回忆, 回想9 v+ S0 j' L, K
  8.magnate n.a powerful or influential person, especially in business or industry巨头:有权威的或有影响力的人,尤指工商界或工业界
4 p, e4 E1 N' r/ ~0 M  例:an oil magnate.7 b5 X# l& H! M( B
  石油巨头0 u; g+ m9 B! v3 w" x3 j$ r1 x
  9.mysterious adj.神秘的2 I2 L2 I. P/ {+ d# E+ b
  10.accelerate vt.to increase the speed of加速,促进:加快…的速度
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 09:46 , Processed in 0.242633 second(s), 21 queries .