QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 71|回复: 0

[FECT综合考试] 金融英语综合辅导:世界第十四讲

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-16 09:04:37 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  现在我们再完整听一遍巴里克拉克的谈话。(略)- e; A, H/ P- A% X8 k- i8 G
  那么,货币的价格不再由政府的中央银行决定之后,是由什么来确定呢?是由坐在交易所里面的货币经纪人来决定吗?美国斯坦福大学经济系教授安妮克鲁格说:( c+ l1 T2 S) M3 M
  The major part of the story has to do with the market determining the exchange rate, but the market in itself is reacting to a number of underlying factors and those include how much is exported, how much is imported, what relative interest rates are, how much demand and supply, if you like, there is for the Australian or the US dollar relative to other currencies.
0 B3 J8 o, j0 `2 }3 g. J) ]0 b  So it's a market determined rate and in that sense, what's happening in the trading rooms is that the traders are trying to figure out where the market is going. And for most purposes I think the evidence is that they do not have a great deal of influence in anything other than a little bit on the day to day side.5 G+ _% W; }" a5 M7 A( g( ?
  安妮克鲁格教授在讲话中提到这样一些词汇:( m/ t6 k  y4 i+ A
  1 determine 决定
, \# L& [, w" @$ L/ u, {8 E8 ^  2 underlying 基本的,潜在的
5 {) J4 X6 G  d1 T. J& f  3 export 出口
, ?' W- w2 a; {  4 import 进口& ~2 g' I3 z* Y/ |+ G$ ]$ z2 _
  5 demand 需求7 A. k9 E- _* S! N* d( T
  6 supply 供应( ]9 @$ V9 B" U- e4 t+ _$ M; m0 y
  下面我们分段听一遍安妮克鲁格教授的谈话和中文翻译:(英文略); U3 ^1 m3 \/ Q0 n1 _
  决定货币价格的主要因素是市场,而市场本身又是对一些基本因素作出反映,包括出口有多少,进口有多少,相关的利率是多少,相对其他货币来说对澳元或美元的需求和供应有多少等等。
2 A1 e, `1 \, X  C: M- w  因此汇率是由市场来决定。货币经纪人在交易所里所作的只是要试图确定市场的走向。在很大程度上,我认为事实证明他们除了对每日的交易稍许有些影响之外,对汇率并没有太大的影响力。
- l' `& Y4 m& R2 f- U5 P1 n( p2 O* L  接下来我们再听一遍安妮克鲁格教授谈话的原文。(略)
; {0 r3 n' C2 c6 i% [" `2 V  刚才美国斯坦福大学经济系教授安妮克鲁格说,汇率是由市场来决定,而市场本身只是对一系列基本因素如进出口数额等等的反映。有不少的人认为国际货币市场上的投机商能够决定或动摇某种货币的兑换率。关于这一点,曾获诺贝尔经济学奖的美国教授弗里德曼持有不同看法:4 E' r, s& Z+ |2 @# m- R8 X
  Well in a day to day term, the speculators can have some influence. But in floating exchange rate markets, speculators can only make money if they help to stabilise the market, not if they make it more unstable. And so, the exchange rate and the flexible exchange rate system are determined by two fundamental forces. One is trade, and second, by capital movements. If a country is an attractive place for foreigners to invest their funds, then that country will have a relatively high exchange rate. If it's an unattractive place it will be a relatively low exchange rate. But those are the fundamentals that really determine the exchange rate in a floating exchange rate system.
) M- z4 ]6 a- c3 @  [1 M  弗里德曼教授说,就每天的交易来说,投机商可能会有些影响。但是在浮动汇率市场上,投机商若要赚钱,只有帮助稳定市场而不是使市场更加动荡。因此汇率以及可变汇率制是由两大根本因素来决定,一是贸易,二是资本流动。如果一个国家能够吸引外国人去投资,那个国家就会有相对较高的货币汇率。如果它不能吸引投资,它的汇率就较低。4 J6 |" a/ l& X! `
  这是浮动汇率制度下真正决定汇率变化的根本因素。7 [8 ~/ u% J( b. T+ i% W
  现在我们再听一遍弗里德曼教授的这段谈话原文。(略)/ h* Q3 [3 K! v5 `
  在结束这一讲之前,我们把今天遇到的一些英文词汇复习一遍:5 [7 H7 w8 V9 f$ t( X0 @1 n) {
  1 fixed exchange rates 固定汇率
/ a( e1 {( E: [" K  2 Gold Standard 金本位制9 b! z$ l9 J1 {. p5 ?
  3 Bretton Woods system 布雷顿森林货币体系$ I$ v8 V: @5 g4 r& G
  4 crawling peg system 蠕动钉住汇率制  _0 p; t# A" N1 w4 s
  5 International Monetary Fund 国际货币基金组织
8 U5 ?; B/ G( h$ I/ C, s  6 flexible exchange rate 可变汇率制
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 20:13 , Processed in 0.297920 second(s), 21 queries .