a我考网

找回密码
 立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 78|回复: 0

[FECT综合考试] 金融英语综合辅导:商业提议BusinessProposal(1)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-16 09:04:37 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  TIFFANY: We have the capital ready. Right now I am looking at three different companies to produce our products.# F( J% _* X! U2 H4 X: U9 o
  And your company, Mr. Chen, seems to me to be the best for what we want.- e- }* Q5 ?# W: s9 v
  TOM: I appreciate your remarks. And we are always happy to do more business.
$ X7 Q, u( \0 S7 x! X& x# D$ {, i/ r  But, you know, if we take on a contract to produce new products,
3 \/ y2 v& ^+ i9 ]+ Q. x: t6 o. ~6 W2 O  we want to be confident the product is marketable.
& P2 `  O) Y3 H4 ~( v  q# N. z  Because, to start producing new things requires a lot of preparation.' G/ J+ i# E- }0 p
  It requires a lot of investment for us.* u- X( B( s( O/ r
  TIFFANY: You have some doubts about our products, I understand.
$ w7 ?6 u- I5 C8 N/ B  TOM: I would like to offer you a good price.* _# G5 b: Y; s
  But I won't be able to do that if I think this is a one-shot deal.
2 V; \: C( o# Y2 p* T; b  So I would like to have some confidence in your idea.3 N2 I& ^1 B, u& r2 E
  TIFFANY: Of course. Let me tell you in some detail about our idea.2 w2 G" ?8 a0 ~* }
  You know the popular “Hello Kitty” products.7 p* W0 d- w$ i7 V3 @0 T
  TOM: Yes, of course.
; U- s; S3 v  z: G( ]  TIFFANY: Well, the products in themselves are very simple.7 \, d: p$ d3 L0 e
  It is the logo that is successful.
* Z) Q% L/ \8 ]: v6 }- k  So, “Hello Kitty” is successful because of the logo, but the products are very simple.( {! Y7 J! `3 n: Z
  TOM: And I would say the logo is successful mainly because it comes from Japan.
: M- v% ], {" H2 v  It is the Japanese that have made it a fad.  ~4 v; u8 N  ]9 w
  TIFFANY: That might be true.
1 m+ x4 F( f0 T4 o" W( o  But we have a logo concept that is great. It is really great.! X4 d2 \" i& N; @7 ~
  I think it will catch on in Taiwan at least. Young people will love it.9 }0 X) T% T" Q& Z8 }
  It is because of our logo that our products will sell.$ U+ a! D  E3 X4 s: t/ Q7 ?
  We just need someone to produce the products for us.
+ V# E5 @) ]7 E* ]7 t  We have the backup and people to do the marketing.: z* R4 p! k0 s" }2 y
  TOM: So what you are really trying to sell is a fad.  H( a4 f3 _- G7 q( [, ?: ~
  TIFFANY: Yes, we would like to make things like key chains,
6 T5 e4 ^  A& w& F: e( N( n  plastic pencil sharpeners, plastic rulers, watches, wallets, things like that.0 H8 @" f: _* P8 ~
  Little accessories for young people. But the reason these will sell is the logo.
( G3 j6 e3 R& q: G. G  Just like “Hello Kitty.”
; b" A2 k# X4 w* R/ i5 k# S  TOM: I understand. But why won't you show me the logo?
  w$ P7 K+ W, W9 b4 S  TIFFANY: Because it hasn't been copyrighted. We want to get some protection for it.
0 E8 u2 [' s" k0 o9 X+ u; @0 `  But while we wait for copyright, we are investigating companies to produce the products.
' x7 G- A% L. y  TOM: I see. The problem, however,, ^6 L6 h' ^) X* |/ i6 S
  is that I can't be confident in giving you a good price
# Q3 o( z9 M  m5 N2 ~$ H8 W  unless I am confident your product will last.6 ?" L% n9 e7 A0 m% ]
  TIFFANY: I understand. For now, though, you could just give us an estimated price.
& h6 Q' F3 l! M$ ~0 x  We aren't going to sign a contract yet. We are just investigating.
' ^. g4 T0 j9 V7 n  I only need to know that your company is capable of producing the products.
' i- L" F$ E; X$ m( y* P% L) \  I  And then, I only need a very rough idea of how much it might cost.
# Z5 g9 }+ ~1 G! p  TOM: Alright. I understand. Right now you just want estimates.% Q! f1 S* Z& s
  TIFFANY: Yes.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-6 03:11 , Processed in 0.171707 second(s), 21 queries .