a我考网

找回密码
 立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 92|回复: 0

[FECT综合考试] 金融英语综合辅导:ExportingProductsToTheU.S(1)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-16 09:04:37 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  JOHN: So it looks like we start selling in the U.S. next year.
; {* r7 e* ^0 u& R  CAROL: Did Mr. Lin put you in charge of marketing?9 V3 O; J1 R4 ?: B- f, I
  JOHN: He's still not sure whether he wants to put me in charge,& B3 Q9 {4 p! e: ~. j' x
  or whether he wants to hire an American.
: o  y2 v' ~# r1 Q  But even if he hires an American, I'll probably be transferred to our American office." f) n2 p3 b. ?& H
  CAROL: Where will it be?
. ?) Y7 `3 F; J" G# X5 _0 d5 m+ V  JOHN: We aren't sure yet. Maybe L.A. I think L.A. would be the best idea.
; b2 v9 K9 |" j: J1 o5 n  CAROL: Is it because of trade negotiations that we can start selling in the U.S.?
, b' H* e. A5 ^  JOHN: Yes, the recent agreements between the two governments have changed everything.
9 w! n0 ~" f* b. \& o. _/ i  Now we have the right to sell in America at a much lower tariff.$ n7 @, v8 @+ a. J2 o
  It's going to be good. We can compete more directly with them.9 \8 f1 [9 H1 F& u
  CAROL: Great.
0 D2 F( N% C: X  JOHN: Our computers have a high level of quality now.& `9 |+ I+ u: H% C
  We can demonstrate it. And our prices will be good.6 A7 Q" }  B' T' x% \- W! g
  So I think it will really be worthwhile.! z+ X2 Q, y: Y) w# o0 t9 z
  CAROL: You seem excited about it.
/ L6 o, W1 \4 y- T$ D/ H, y  JOHN: Well, you know I studied marketing in America.
0 N4 \1 P/ p/ \; \1 f" V4 R  So maybe the thought of going back there to promote our brand is kind of exciting to me.
- [; ]' v7 n& R5 B6 e  I'd love to be part of the team.
3 X+ |8 l, u8 W' C  CAROL: Do you honestly think we can compete though? All the computer giants are there.1 K/ f( ^0 ?% _
  JOHN: Yes, I do. I think we can compete. I think we can make a name for ourselves.
" z$ T& H2 u) K" T  It will be hard at first. But if we develop a good advertising campaign,
6 J$ ~9 V7 f# k* c. f  I think we can break into the market.
& ?! \  Y, [, S1 H  CAROL: The company will have to choose a good advertising firm.
# R  |' i  X4 ]+ y& C  And then there's the problem of quality.% w; k) m: n% B/ C
  How do we convince American buyers that our quality is good?
7 {$ X) [. L( l1 g# r+ r1 L5 K8 B9 c" A  JOHN: It takes some time.
" d$ }# M% V/ c3 `  Because even if the quality is high,
8 [$ e; s, P! I$ d1 T  people won't accept a high tech product unless they recognize the name.
5 z& O- b  ?" |! e0 w  Name recognition is crucial.( S- |1 H' Q# r1 d- G1 c: C" d- @% g
  CAROL: Well, I hope it all works out, John.
( A' q; y$ O7 ?5 k! h  I think if you're part of the team, things will go well., m# Z4 _3 b" s/ g" ~0 O
  But you know we'd all miss you here. So I won’t say I'm happy to think that you’re leaving.
" d- h6 D9 V/ ]+ R  JOHN: That's very nice of you to say.
+ [  y8 S: W; Z' l2 ^/ ~. V1 t  But if we set up an office there in the States, maybe you could try to become part of it.+ r$ {3 H& a( L" d
  CAROL: Me? No way.* l& K! j# i% T7 |
  I'm dedicated to the company, but I’m not going to leave Taiwan. I'm happy here
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-6 00:49 , Processed in 0.251839 second(s), 21 queries .