立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 82|回复: 1

[笔译高级] 笔译高级辅导:《呼啸山庄》翻译(5)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-16 09:20:52 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
 the snow began to drive thickly. i seized the handle to essay another trial; when a young man without coat, and shouldering a pitchfork, appeared in the yard behind. he hailed me to follow him, and, after marching through a wash-house, and a paved area containing a coal-shed, pump, and pigeon-cot, we at length arrived in the huge, warm, cheerful apartment where i was formerly received. it glowed delightfully in the radiance of an immense fire, compounded of coal, peat, and wood; and near the table, laid for a plentiful evening meal, i was pleased to observe the 'missis,' an individual whose existence i had never previously suspected. i bowed and waited, thinking she would bid me take a seat. she looked at me, leaning back in her chair, and remained motionless and mute.% t: v6 R) c* F" P5 |2 g% ]3 ^: s. B" L7 K
  雪开始下大了。我抓住插销,企图再来一次。这时一个没有穿外套,肩上抗着干草叉的年青人出现在后面的院子里。他招呼我跟他走。再穿过了一个洗衣房,和一个堆着煤皮,水泵,还有鸽子笼的区域后,最后我们进到了宽敞的、暖和的,舒适的房间里,我曾经再这里被接待过,在煤、泥煤和木头混合燃烧产生的极大的火焰的烘烤之下,房间里非常的温暖。桌子旁边摆放着非常丰盛的晚餐。我非常高兴见到所谓的“太太”,我海从来没有看见过她呢。我鞠躬施礼,以为她会请我坐下。然而,她看着我,靠在她的椅子的后背上,仍然面无表情,沉默无语。  N5 V; a# M+ R. c: K
  'rough weather!' i remarked. 'i'm afraid, mrs. heathcliff, the door must bear the consequence of your servants' leisure attendance: i had hard work to make them hear me.'# d, B+ T: Z8 C/ q& @2 a4 F
  “天气真是很槽糕!”我说,“抱歉,希斯克利夫太太,你的地板必须要承担你的仆人不开门的后果了:我已经非常用力地喊以便让他们能听见。”
5 a, c2 x2 i. V* N  she never opened her mouth. i stared - she stared also: at any rate, she kept her eyes on me in a cool, regardless manner, exceedingly embarrassing and disagreeable.! S& n  U  X3 k3 g6 L8 _
  她根本不开口说话。我瞪眼,她也瞪眼:但是无论什么情况下,她看我的目光都是冷冷的,漠不关心的样子,让我觉得非常的尴尬和不舒服。2 M7 l; f  C$ P0 n
  'sit down,' said the young man, gruffly. 'he'll be in soon.'
6 k+ y# F/ \5 U+ @7 E  “坐下,”那年青人粗暴地说,“他一会就来了。”
! P6 |8 N/ y+ K% f; l* z9 t  i obeyed; and hemmed, and called the villain juno, who deigned, at this second interview, to move the extreme tip of her tail, in token of owning my acquaintance.7 T! ?& Y9 ]8 w1 K. P( X# G
  我顺从地坐下来,清了清嗓子,又跟那个恶女人打招呼,而这次,她屈尊动了动她辫子的最末稍,表示接受我为熟人。
+ T  z; P7 h6 K4 E3 c7 m# ]" p  'a beautiful animal!' i commenced again. 'do you intend parting with the little ones, madam?'$ r* o& z; D' \' |6 }- x
  “很漂亮的动物!”我再次开口,“你准备好要同这些小东西分开了吗?夫人?”5 p6 Z; r8 t3 L3 X# `  d
  'they are not mine,' said the amiable hostess, more repellingly than heathcliff himself could have replied.1 z( i  l. y8 S  f( Z
  “它们不是我的。”和善的女主人说道,比希斯克利夫的回答还让人不愉快。
: Y6 o" V1 p: Y  'ah, your favourites are among these?' i continued, turning to an obscure cushion full of something like cats.* I7 [9 `  _# N# d8 E+ {
  “啊,你最喜欢的在这里面吗?”当看见一个发霉的垫子里挤满了像猫一样的东西,我又继续说道。
" c  M! f$ u# x" q  'a strange choice of favourites!' she observed scornfully.' |: v! v6 k# m- N* y
  “很特别的心爱之物!”她很轻蔑的回答。
" ]9 Z, _/ M" x3 z8 @7 h* Y3 P  unluckily, it was a heap of dead rabbits. i hemmed once more, and drew closer to the hearth, repeating my comment on the wildness of the evening.
: ?5 P# \5 ]: @% ^0 c/ `  T8 s$ u  不巧的是,那是一堆死兔子。我又清了清嗓子,走到更靠近壁炉的地方,重复我对空旷夜晚的评论。% M4 U% D* d/ R" t1 q3 |0 _& C4 D/ S
  'you should not have come out,' she said, rising and reaching from the chimney-piece two of the painted canisters.3 K  g0 e9 _; _7 R
  “你不该出来的,”她说着站起来,从烟囱烟囱上拿下两个漆过的咖啡杯。1 {2 a5 ~( `1 O
  her position before was sheltered from the light; now, i had a distinct view of her whole figure and countenance. she was slender, and apparently scarcely past girlhood: an admirable form, and the most exquisite little face that i have ever had the pleasure of beholding; small features, very fair; flaxen ringlets, or rather golden, hanging loose on her delicate neck; and eyes, had they been agreeable in expression, that would have been irresistible: fortunately for my susceptible heart, the only sentiment they evinced hovered between scorn and a kind of desperation, singularly unnatural to be detected there. the canisters were almost out of her reach; i made a motion to aid her; she turned upon me as a miser might turn if any one attempted to assist him in counting his gold.
. W- `8 I' `- h4 o: {  之前,她所处的位置在背光的地方;现在,我看清楚了她的体形和面容。她很苗条,明显还处于少女的年龄阶段:长得极好,看着这张非常精致的脸让我感到从未有过的荣幸。五官,非常端正;黄色的发卷,或者说是金色的发卷散落在她精巧的脖子旁边;眼睛,如果它们在表达恰当,那将宁人难以拒绝。幸运的是,对于我易受感动的心而言,它们所表示的唯一情感盘旋在蔑视和绝望之间,可以发现异乎寻常的不自然。她几乎够不着咖啡杯;我没有做出任何要帮她的动作;她转向我,就像一个守财奴在别人想要帮他数金币一样。& `1 `1 V# V0 `1 m6 e/ w0 X1 N
  'i don't want your help,' she snapped; 'i can get them for myself.'5 g% G- C/ q0 E: |
  “我不要你的帮忙,”她突然说,“我自己可以拿到的。”
& X  K- _, l: E- b  'i beg your pardon!' i hastened to reply.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-16 09:20:53 | 显示全部楼层

笔译高级辅导:《呼啸山庄》翻译(5)

“抱歉,你说什么啊?”我忙回答道。
1 c+ B1 x" g9 F# s  'were you asked to tea?' she demanded, tying an apron over her neat black frock, and standing with a spoonful of the leaf poised over the pot.( ?. c9 V  I$ j
  “有人邀请你喝茶了吗?”她问,随即将围裙系到她整洁的黑色外衣上,取出一勺子茶叶放到壶中。6 w- @, L) x) D8 p6 K: }9 B
  'i shall be glad to have a cup,' i answered.. L. z- q4 L# ?! K7 i. f
  “我很乐意喝一杯。”我回答道。+ j; d: [0 a( O  [
  'were you asked?' she repeated.4 C2 m, U3 z( x
  “有人邀请你吗?”她又问道。3 V' S; S( g; T& g* C6 Z3 C. s
  'no,' i said, half smiling. 'you are the proper person to ask me.'" O4 l1 [5 n% J: B! C
  “没有,”我说,微微笑笑。“你是邀请我的合适人选。”
! W0 q; n4 u1 a" z& R9 f  she flung the tea back, spoon and all, and resumed her chair in a pet; her forehead corrugated, and her red under-lip pushed out, like a child's ready to cry.9 y# a& ~  F% o
  她把茶扔了回去,勺子和其他的东西也都被扔了回去,不高兴地坐回到她的椅子上;她的眉头皱了起来,红红的下唇瘪了出来,就像一个要哭的孩子。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 23:34 , Processed in 0.375041 second(s), 23 queries .