QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 60|回复: 0

[笔译高级] 高级笔译专题解疑指导(3)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-16 09:20:52 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Translation Technique: Omission (I)
! p1 i8 |7 ]4 i" V" _1.       Permit me first to thank our Chinese hosts for your extraordinary arrangements and hospitality. My wife and I, as well as our entire party, are deeply grateful. 首先,请允许我对中国主人十分出色的安排和款待表示感谢。我和我夫人以及全体随行人员都深为感激。
2 ~* V2 g0 D9 P. n+ ?- o, R& {+ u' S8 J. z2.       I was at once interested in this finger play and tried to imitate it. 我马上对这种用手指在手心里写字的游戏产生了兴趣,接着就模仿起来。
4 h' \4 P1 @. a5 @3.       Several times on his trip to China, which he made as a guest of the Chinese Government, Bill’s birthday occurred while he was in Beijing. 比尔作为中国政府的客人访问中国,好几次都赶上在北京过生日。1 l  K+ m# ?! Z$ c* M8 Q: r! n  M) v
4.       Hunger puts an end to love, or if not hunger, time. (古希腊一小诗,钱钟书:《管锥篇》)患相思病者之对治无过饥饿,岁月亦为灵药。
, T: X( |) @7 d. [: z5.       Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low. (语出《旧约全书》,钱钟书:《管锥篇》) 谷升为陵,山夷为壤。(一切山洼都要填满,大小山冈都要削平。)
' h! L3 S% N" S5 n6.       The common end of all narrative, nay, of all Poems is to convert a series into a Whole: to make those events, which in real or imagined History move in a strait Line, assume to our Understandings Circular motion--- the Snake with its Tail in its Mouth.(语出Coleridge,钱钟书:《谈艺录》,1984年,中华书局,第432页)笔迹之直线顺次者,诗中写来,当使之浑圆运转,若蛇自嘬其尾然。3 F0 R- v! c# P, F
7.       中国作为人类文明的发祥地之一,在几千年的历史进程中,文化传统始终没有中断。As one of the cradles of human civilization, China has all along maintained its cultural tradition without letup in its history of several thousand years.: j2 Y5 Q6 z& w9 m) F5 S. l) |$ v6 M: a
8.       中国作为一个发展中的沿海大国,国民经济要持续发展,必须把海洋的开发和保护作为一项长期的战略任务。As a major developing country with a long coastline, China, therefore, must take exploitation and protection of the ocean as a long-term strategic task before it can achieve sustainable development.
' `4 E& T1 l1 {8 ]9.       现阶段中国已经实现了粮食基本自给,在未来的发展过程中,中国依靠自己的力量实现粮食基本自给,客观上具备诸多有利因素。China has basically achieved self-sufficiency in grain at present stage, and there are many favorable objective factors for her to maintain such achievement by her own efforts in the course of future development.
5 T2 w5 [% ?: f2 F$ w1 W: W- _+ M# u10.   夺取这个胜利,已经是不要很久的时间和不要花费很多的气力了;巩固这个胜利,则是需要很久的时间和要花费很大的气力的事情。(《毛泽东选集》4卷,1439页) To win this victory will not require much time and effort, but to consolidate it will.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 21:48 , Processed in 0.285708 second(s), 21 queries .