扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 84|回复: 0

[笔译高级] 高级笔译专题解疑指导(1)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-16 09:20:52 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Advanced English-Chinese/ Chinese-English Translation
, n. c* v" {/ I8 K5 _Warm-up Exercises:* n3 ], ?6 \0 u+ f% e# l6 A
1.       He lost a cool thousand dollars. 他损失了整整1000元。
2 |: ~6 e$ A  s7 W- f' B" |- [7 e2.       You can’t be too careful. 你怎么小心都不过分。& A3 ]' Y& `/ G
3.       You don’t want to do that. 你不应该干那件事。( u! X+ ~/ m. @
4.       The facts are more prosaic than the legend. 事实并不如传说那样神乎其神。
7 j  d6 x3 N: j5 k+ O5.       He is a man above vulgar interests. 他是个脱离了低级趣味的人。
0 P& c8 S- f6 |7 I6.       I have read with much satisfaction the phrase which you quote concerning the number of strongholds. Yes, there must be few of them, but good ones. 我读了你所引用的关于要塞数量的话,十分满意。你说得对,要塞不宜过多,但要精工修建。
0 H; @" O8 o/ e7.       When Smith pointed out that he had spread the rumor, he vehemently retorted, “No! No!” 当史密斯指出他散布了这个谣言时,他拼命反驳说:“没那回事!没那回事!”+ C; j; K% M8 `3 K  \* v
8.       With Franco, I started from a point of hostility, discovered how profoundly he had been misrepresented and reached the stage of “grudging admiration.” 对于佛朗哥,我最初是怀有敌意,后来却发现人们对他有很大的误解,终于有了“三分仰慕之情。”1 W) D& z' @8 j! B3 w1 m
9.       Ethiopia’s betrayal left American internationalists in a sea of uncertainty and despondency. Isolationists jeered that once again Uncle Sam had been gulled by European diplomats. 埃塞俄比亚被出卖了,这使得美国的国际派陷入迷惘和沮丧,孤立派揶揄说,山姆大叔这回又上了欧洲外交家们的当啦。1 L5 N9 ~- f1 O$ A
10.   我们不搞实用主义。We never base our policies on expediency.
' Q$ K* Y5 m* H9 i  U11.   美国对华贸易虽存在逆差,但这种逆差不是竞争性的,并不形成对美国国内产业和就业的冲击。 Although the US side has got a deficit in its trade with China, the deficit is not caused by a competitive Sino-US trade structure and has no impact on the US domestic industries and employment.
' F: k1 C0 n, ^& E: Y- ^8 v% v12.   《红楼梦》第三回中王熙凤初见林黛玉时说:“天下真有这样标致的人儿!我今日才算看见了!况且这通身的气派竟不像老祖宗的外孙女,竟是嫡亲的孙女儿似的,怨不得老祖宗天天嘴里心里放不下。” She’s a beauty, Grannie dear! If I hadn’t set eyes on her today, I shouldn’t have believed that such a beautiful creature could exist! And everything about her so distingue! She doesn’t take after your side of the family, Grannie. She’s more like a Jia. I don’t blame you for having gone on so about her during the past few days. (David Hawkes )
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 23:46 , Processed in 0.181235 second(s), 21 queries .