【翻译笔记】 6 W! n1 C3 e# g6 V1 g* Z* Z+ o, u
1. sit through 耐着性子看完或听完, 一直坐到 ... 结束 ) n _% S9 T j. `: t B
% i# l- x9 h; \3 u# W2 ?+ A
I sit through all three performances but none of them is any good. 三个节目我都从头看到尾,可是没一个节目是精彩的。 t7 |0 r! ^6 q
We had to sit through several tedious speeches. 我们只得坐在那里听着几个乏味的讲演。
8 _1 c9 ^# Q5 p) l- `* B% k2. mannerism n. 固守独特的格调,矫揉造作;癖性
# `. C6 ?+ ?6 gA type of schizophrenia, usually starting at puberty, characterized by foolish mannerisms, senseless laughter, delusions, hallucinations, and regressive behavior. 青春期痴呆的一种精神分裂症,通常始发于青春期,其特征为举止痴呆、傻笑、妄想、幻觉以及退化的举止。
9 }2 C/ D6 W0 c L9 g; GHe’s taken on some irritating mannerisms. 他新添了些讨人嫌的怪毛病。 " ]2 y$ T- S* ~: m% ~$ I
3. strike v/n 打击,攻击;(钟)敲响,报(时);打动,感动,给...以印象,使…突然想起;罢工 www.ExamW.CoM# G4 v; e1 A4 [% a6 Q* H2 X
He was struck by lightning. 他被闪电击中。
( T4 J' ?$ O9 }That play struck me as silly. 那出戏我觉得很无聊。
C! Z, i5 L, t; j1 v$ j) ^7 ?It struck me that there was no one at home. 我突然想起家中没有人。
) ]; B- [$ E* q$ T+ N$ q" IThe coal miners struck for better safety conditions. 煤矿工人罢工要求改善安全状况。
; v& x9 A7 d7 ^- ]5 EThe commander decided to make an air strike on the enemy’s supply line. 指挥官决定空袭敌人的补给线。
" Q& A/ T; A1 n' {8 w, J% t2 N4 u4.tact n. 机智, 手法
- T. C/ `2 W( a0 J1 _$ E6 O# S, VDoes he possess the necessary patience and tact to do the job well? 他有具备这项工作必需的耐性和应变能力吗?
" b# d5 m- p8 I6 b8 @' GHe’s short on tact. 他处事不够圆通。 % F7 j% ~ a! l) i$ M
The hostess presided at table with tact and urbanity. 女主人招待客人进餐时风雅而又得体。 |