立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 98|回复: 1

[笔译初级] 全国翻译专业资格(水平)考试笔译综合能力模拟试题(9)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-16 09:42:51 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Questions 81-86 are based on the following passage.
% f: v2 c( P1 D, b/ J  Every summer, Jean Piaget retreats to his cabin in the Alps, where he spends most of his days analyzing the mass of research data generated over the past year at his Center for Genetic Epistemology. During long walks along the mountain trails, he mulls over the latest experimental results, and in the cool mountain evenings, he formulates his conclusions. With the approach of fall, he will descend from the mountain, manuscript for a book and several journal articles in hand. This time-honored procedure of careful observation followed by seclusion for thought and synthesis, has enabled him to become the most prolific, if not the most famous psychologist of the century.9 l: n+ X4 K8 `
  Piaget has only been widely known in this country since the 1960s, when his works were translated from their original French. But he has been recognized as an expert in the field of cognitive development in Europe since the 1930s. In fact, Piaget's publishing career can be traced to the year 1906, when as a child of ten, he published his careful notes on the habits of an albino sparrow he observed near his home in Switzerland. After his precocious debut as an ornithologist, he took an after-school job at the local natural history museum, soon becoming an expert on mollusks. At the age of sixteen he was recommended for a curator's position at the natural history museum in Geneva, but declined in favor of continuing his education.* C9 _2 n# M, @, M; i
  He studied natural science at the University of Neuchatel, obtaining his doctorate at the age of twenty-one. His readings in philosophy stimulated an intense interest in epistemology - the study of humans acquire knowledge. Convinced that cognitive development had a genetic basis, Piaget decided that the best way to approach epistemology would be through its behavioral and biological components. Psychology appeared to be the discipline that best incorporated this approach.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-16 09:42:52 | 显示全部楼层

全国翻译专业资格(水平)考试笔译综合能力模拟试题(9)

</p>  81. According to the passage, Piaget went to the mountains every summer to
7 c9 E' Z* a6 ^1 R  A. collect data for his research.
3 N2 F! n0 o4 S! r& y" y  B. avoid the city heat and enjoy the cool weather.* V. D# N% i* R* b" Q2 O
  C. live in his cabin where he could analyze the data he collected there.
' O  @. e3 q# u; R  D. analyze his research data he had collected before.. d' a$ \( g. F& j9 a

% v, k5 N: z' e4 i  82. The data Piaget was analyzing in his cabin in the Alps was mostly concerning
9 D( _( a: d5 O1 ^  A. his findings of the wild life in the mountains.9 ]: D8 T" K3 x
  B. his experiments on the plants and wild life in the mountains.
$ }& O0 R9 {5 N, C  C. his past experiments on how human beings obtain their knowledge.
, s, Z: Z/ T/ H. m/ U0 b  D. his working experience at his Center.9 S4 O8 b1 D( O- h
4 o' S- q/ j' t" X) P' U
  83. Which of the following statements is true?- Q4 x& {5 ^0 G3 M/ Y% v2 X1 J
  A. When the weather became cool, he went down the mountain and started writing books and articles.( F7 _% l) a5 ]" O
  B. When the weather was hot, he went up the mountain and began writing.
1 _/ }! V9 Q5 `" u3 _# |  C. When the weather was cool, he took long walks on the mountain trails.9 \& x; g6 }+ Y
  D. He liked to walk in the cool evening, thinking about his experiments.
! A' c9 ~1 M" c4 f0 i$ h5 v 4 v" `0 w6 ~6 h4 U3 {  T- a
  84. According to the passage, Piaget must have published8 z9 Y% U1 q! T/ r0 g( }
  A. several articles on his observation of sparrows.7 U3 O# L3 d3 S5 j' L
  B. a few books and articles on the data he had collected.$ Z, Q5 g6 s% y' U. B3 P
  C. a variety of books and articles on his experiments.1 e5 S0 F$ w- J; f
  D. a great many books and articles on his observations and research.* ~! W* Y  e$ q. h0 ~
( i1 A; D0 b9 d: B6 D' V
  85. Piaget's main academic interest was in
: d1 h5 s+ w9 a1 u5 m- W  A. how human beings learn through observations.
' @: S: ~! l+ X  B. the genetic and cognitive basis for humans' cognitive development.
& Q' s8 Q% b" Q8 Z/ k  C. analyzing research data through scientific method.
( w" t  A& U. I1 N; J, r  D. behaviorists' views on acquiring knowledge.1 R, w9 A0 F: u  [8 c* K! v
, B: Q. C2 [& X4 O( I. J* U+ t0 E8 E8 p
  86. Piaget can be best regarded as a psychologist who" n/ i7 Z- D, Q
  A. emphasizes the mental processes.
$ P. }. n8 }2 W5 q, N6 i  p: |  B. stresses the importance of the biological basis.
( T9 d  M- ^7 n, a' g8 T! q  C. places more emphasis on the behavioral components.* B2 ~- f& O+ ^
  D. sees observations as being more important than others.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-15 06:26 , Processed in 0.175004 second(s), 23 queries .