立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 130|回复: 1

[口译中级] 实战口译:中英论坛讲话

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-16 09:54:19 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
It is a real pleasure to be here to open the third meeting of our forum and to be welcoming such a distinguished and influential group of people from both our countries, many of whom are now old friends. The forum aims to represent the strength of the relationship between our two countries outside the political relationship and looking round today it is clear that the relationship is very strong indeed. / o0 x, x4 z' `# w. S( i
  我很高兴地宣布我们论坛的第三次会议正式开幕,并在这里欢迎来自我们两国高层的、具有影响力的代表们。我们中的很多人都已经是老朋友了。论坛是为了体现我们两国这间关系的力量——在政治关系之外的力量。环视今日会场,显然,我们的关系非常坚固。1 d2 C' N/ C3 K
  It is a sign for me that the forum goes from strength to strength and I believe it is playing a key role in the relatiosns between our two countries as confirmed by the Prime Minister in our call on him this morning. This year, we have taken the theme quot;The Challenge of Globalisation" for our meetings and discussions. This theme has a particular resonance for me.
# o" ]- S+ E# G$ ~5 m, l3 X$ ~  这是一个迹象,表明我们的论坛越来越强大。我相信,论坛在我们两国关系中扮演着一个关键的角色。今早,首相在我们拜访他时就确认了这一点。今年,我们选择的主题是“全球化的挑战”,我们将就此进行会谈和讨论。对于这个主题,我尤其有感触。: W8 `7 V+ V3 y$ t
  On 11th September, I, along with a number of world statesmen, was in Beijing to discuss China and the World in the 21st Century. None of us could opssibly have known as we debated economic development, environmental change and security issues what was going to happen that day. But many of the speakers warned of the fragility of the world order. It made me realize more clearly than at any other time just how very important quot;understanding" between the nations of the world is. 1 G7 ]5 {2 I2 o- Z% \, e% Q
  9月11号那天,我正在与一些国际政治家们在北京讨论中国与21世纪的世界。我们当中谁也没有想到,就在我们辩论经济发展、环境改变和安全问题的时候,那天将要发生什么事情。但是,很多发言人都警告说,世界秩序很脆弱。这使我比以往任何时候都更加清楚地认识到国家之间相互理解的重要性。  g$ ^& Q9 {6 u% L
Our Forum, and the discussions we will have in the next day and a half, are part of this vital process of understanding. Globalisation is a challenge for all of us, both developed and developing countries and we have a lot to share and learn. As globalisation increases and as all our countries come to terms with the global reach of many industries, we can, as different nations, work together to understand the issues and effects these developments bring.
- K3 n& H9 e8 [$ m# F  我们的论坛,以及今后一天半内的讨论,就是这种关键的相互理解过程中的组成部分。全球化对我们大家都是一个挑战,无论是发达国家还是发展中国家都一样。我们有很多需要分享和学习之处。随着全球化的发展,各国都在接受很多行业都已经跨国经营的现实。作为不同的国家,我们可以相互合作,认识这些问题以及这些发展带来的影响。
! ~1 F3 a( u' P- P& j% b+ x  These opportunities can only be grasped by people. People talking, travelling, exchanging ideas and experiences. And that is what we are here today to do. Our discussions here will centre around a number of very interesting issues: trade and the environment in the globalisation of the economy, Chinese culture facing the world, e-learning and e-commerce, balancing public purposes and commercial interests in the media, and China after WTO to name but a few. % S1 x0 f9 O, C: l* e
  这些机遇必须由人来把握:人们之间互相交谈、旅行、交流看法和经验。这正是我们今天要做的事情。我们这里的讨论将集中于几个很有意思的问题。经济全球化过程中的贸易与环境、面向世界的中国文化、电子学习、电子商务、在媒体的公共责任和商业利益之间保持平衡、中国入世之后等等。
' U7 b% r, L" ?2 v& d# n  G: \  As far as I can see, joining the WTO presents a huge challenge for China. The requirements of joining WTO for corporate governance, for transparency and for reliable and enforceable laws, whilst producing some pain in the short term, will no doubt be peart of the way in which economic growth can be encouraged and sustained. I personally am much looking frward to my own involvement in the discussions on small and medium sized enterprises. 在我看来,加入世贸组织对中国是个巨大的挑战。世贸组织的要求包括公司行为准则,透明度,以及可靠的、可执行的法律。这些东西短期内可能带来痛苦,但无疑是鼓励经济增长、实现持续发展的必经之路。% Y' b# X  h- ?2 t3 z* ~0 b
  China's decision to embrace the dynamism of the private sector brings up the role small firms can play in achieving rapid growth and innovation. They are, and can be, a significant engine for economic development. So we have much work to do in our forum. We want to show our Chinese friends how much of a partner the UK can be but also that as a sign of a mature and true relationship, we can afford to be frank and open in our discussions with one another.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-16 09:54:20 | 显示全部楼层

实战口译:中英论坛讲话

中国决定利用私营领域的活力。这就提出了小企业在取得高速发展和创新方面的作用。小企业是——也可以是——经济发展的重要动力。所以,我们的论坛有很多工作要做。我们要向中国朋友显示,英国是中国强有力的伙伴。另外,作为我们之间关系成熟、真诚的表现,我们能够开诚布公地相互讨论。4 E* V$ e2 E/ Y8 F7 R5 \
  This iwll be particularly true in the sessioins on issues of competitiveness and corporate governance that will be held tomorrow. We are building on discussions and relationships that are already well founded and I believe that this forum will take the special role that our meeting plays in the relations between our two countries further forward.
, Q3 m) f! L; r) O- |0 W+ i- S  这在有关竞争力和公司行为准则——这些将于明天讨论——的话题中尤其如此。我们是在具有良好基础的讨论和关系上更上一层楼。我相信,这个论坛将把我们的会谈在两国关系中的特别作用向前推进。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 12:23 , Processed in 0.262399 second(s), 23 queries .