QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 116|回复: 1

[口译中级] 英语词汇记录新中国60年成长之路(5):60年代

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-16 09:54:19 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Down to the Countryside Movement# Z- l. F! b9 P4 h) Z4 I

1 N+ C( v! j8 g( K( E8 XThe Down to the Countryside Movement (literally "Up to the mountains and down to the villages") was a policy instituted in the People's Republic of China in the late 1960s and early 1970s." F# y3 ~, c9 o/ d# _' V  R8 I! B& S
  9 r/ f' N6 S0 B/ T8 x" k! @
As a result of the anti-bourgeois thinking prevalent during the Cultural Revolution, Mao Zedong declared certain privileged urban youth would be sent to mountainous areas or farming villages, in order that they could learn from the workers and farmers there.6 t" C' J5 U( c+ Q: _

2 B0 C0 _+ b0 [" g0 b) aEssentially, Mao used the "up to the mountains and down to the villages" to quell unrest and remove the embarrassment of the early Cultural Revolution from sight.
2 Q) {+ L, t2 ?5 H4 T  
, a. N9 X2 O- [# {0 g4 QAs a result, many fresh high school graduates were forced out of the cities and effectively exiled to remote areas of China.
3 o  I. \$ J4 \/ S: ]1.特赦 special pardon; special amnesty3 f6 r8 d1 ]7 x4 @
【例】The prisoners were set at liberty by the special amnesty of the President.8 `9 D' X. N' [4 V+ p. G2 q: _- ?) i
总统特赦了一批罪犯。
' O1 b  @; _" z; z2.战犯 war criminal) Y  r. u9 b, I/ X- }0 t
【例】Many war criminals were proceeded against following World War II.5 g# k2 p  \# ], M
第二次世界大战后许多战犯被提起公诉。
  u( f7 m- C- t- L; T- u3.大字报  (拼音直译)Dazibao;(字号大的海报)big-character poster;7 T6 W0 s$ G6 h$ F8 y& Z; B
【例】We all remember that in 1980, after the defeat of the Gang of Four, the National People's Congress adopted a resolution to delete from the Constitution the provision concerning the right of citizens to "speak out freely, air their views fully, hold great debates and put up big-character posters".9 \* h/ D* w5 d/ I5 F. I$ F5 B
大家可以回想一下,粉碎“四人帮”以后,全国人大在一九八○年通过一个议案,取消宪法中的关于“大鸣、大放、大辩论、大字报”这一条。
$ Q0 |6 `( k+ s4.三年自然灾害 (三年自然灾害)Three Years of Natural Disasters (中国大饥荒)Great Chinese Famine; i. x1 S, k$ O  @+ a& c3 a
5.文化大革命 (无产阶级文化大革命) the Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution; the Great Cultural Revolution; q7 p' a) f' z! u! Q, M# C' |4 J
【例】The "Cultural Revolution" was really a gross error.
' C5 j) [- L) N4 z/ b
$ Y& ~+ a4 i4 x# N( u) L) f“文化大革命”的确是一个大错误。
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-16 09:54:20 | 显示全部楼层

英语词汇记录新中国60年成长之路(5):60年代

</p>6. 红卫兵 the Red Guards; Red Guard
3 X" h5 s* g# ~* [% z【例】And whenever Mao denounced one of his former comrades, the Red Guard made it their mission to eradicate the offender., n  T+ e. T* R0 G; ~2 B
任何时候毛对任何人(曾经一起打江山的老友)进行了谴责,“红卫兵”立即视之为其职责将“犯事者”彻底消灭。# N+ [9 }4 x$ F) e) E; J
7. 上山下乡 go to the mountainous areas and the countryside; go and work in the countryside and mountainous areas; go to the mountainous and rural areas; settle in the rural areas [the countryside]; go on trips to hilly and rural areas
  L4 x3 j! ?1 h4 C. B/ X【例】For example, the issues of implementation of the Party's policies, of employment, and of the return to our cities of educated urban young people who work in the countryside and in mountainous areas are all social and political problems that should be solved mainly from an economic perspective.
2 U* T6 G7 n: [, d比如落实政策问题,就业问题,上山下乡知识青年回城市问题,这些都是社会、政治问题,主要还是从经济角度来解决。7 N4 G' P' v8 n2 ?7 ]+ X
8. 中苏交恶 (中国和前苏联关系破裂)Sino-Soviet split* v- H0 M1 V5 z# v, k' c
9.统一战线 united front
: H: r: {: P: S【例】Only by persevering in the united front can we persevere in the war;
# T) Y; N$ K0 ]" x" Z只有坚持统一战线,才能坚持战争;
3 b/ \! c& S; k10.勒紧裤带 tighten [pull in] one's belt: ?1 c" O$ B0 Y6 \
【例】Because of unemployment many people had to tighten their belts.% \$ o8 g, }9 U  G( s
由于失业,许多人不得不勒紧裤带生活。
6 Q: d; J0 [8 I  S3 C4 }$ f【例】As food was scarce, they had to pull in their belts.( m, D6 Q2 A% x3 P
由于食品缺乏,他们只好勒紧裤带。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-20 19:13 , Processed in 0.481138 second(s), 23 queries .