QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 124|回复: 0

[口译初级] 初级口语教程:三个愿望ThreeWishes(3)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-16 09:59:03 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  He gave me three small seeds. 0 P, L6 F( f& X* [$ E
   "Put each seed into a small box filled with dirt. Then care for them. Talk to them if you wish. They will grow with you. " 5 z. F5 e- R; A# A* p$ K
   Now they are in larger boxes. One of t.he plants has grown up to my knee. I sometimes wonder what else it is up to. . }2 _+ s  f, `2 j8 D5 t9 Q, ?
   Another time we were walking in the field when we saw two birds on a telephone line. They seemed so peaceful. Then suddenly they flew away. My uncle just laughed.
  V. u! q7 U' k% ]' `% h' ?   "See," he said."Someone said something they didn't like.& careful what you tell the birds."    One night I passed by the office of the orphanage. A man I don't iike very much was on the phone. He was angry and loud.
4 W3 D- m4 W* U- Z0 Z5 U/ w3 P1 B7 A1 L
   When he'left, I went into the office and picked up the phone. I heard the funniest sound. ) O! ]& I, y% C) ?, v
   "Listen," I said. "Listen, liirds. Come on back, never mind what he says. We like you. "
# g+ z5 s4 g1 U) J4 z, H7 @8 X2 p7 J   One day-Unele did not come: I waited and waited but he did not come. The man I don't like at the orphanage said Uncle was sick.
6 h# C# e4 n$ J/ c# h; ~4 [; e9 [   "May I go and see him?" I asked. / K2 Z; c" F1 R5 t6 ?7 ?/ P% |
   "No," he said. "He may be contagious. " 2 ?) n5 N7 J7 ^3 T5 G  V
   "May I call him?" : Y1 D/ D) y( v1 j$ \
   "No, " he said. "I'll call him for you. " ) Z, J9 V0 l+ ^' T0 ]6 \2 Q) p
   "Don't do that," I said.
0 _; F( ^2 M7 `/ M4 c7 s   "Why not?" .
; |6 G! ^- S6 m" z   "You'll make the birds fly away. "
  T4 @7 X' b: c' D1 }   I sneaked into the office one night and called Uncle. & s1 ?8 i: V; j6 }3 M
   "Are you all right?" I asked.
0 o* |1 g8 P9 e+ p) n+ X0 M   "Yes, but I must go away. " # v; N  d7 V7 `, c3 q/ `) [* M7 H
   "Why?"
) z) I( e+ g! T  `& O- I   "To make room for something else. " + X/ x+ C. n4 r" b
   "Will you come back?"
1 @; z1 r: U4 o5 ~, P# M   "I will help you remember me, if you want me to. "
8 Q" _3 ?3 U2 F1 P! g0 O   "I do. . . . Ido. . . ." 2 a, f2 K( ?5 p5 d  X" Q
   When I went to bed at night, I would try to imagine that he was there. He was harder and harder to see. One night, he was not there at all. There was only a grcen ficld. & W0 G4 _; s1 Q3 p3 a- k3 X/ r- s
   I went back to our field. It was raining. T'he sky was dark, the way I was inside. I looked for Uricle everywhere. I called his name. ' N. z; `. G& \1 W/ f( H
   I was angry for a while. I said some things out loud that I shouldn't have said. Two birds flew out of the trec.I made them get wet. " M$ y4 o- j1 ]4 x1 Q! B
   On the way back, I saw something that was only an inch or two tall. It was where that hird dropped the acorn. I didn't tell anybody, but I knew.    Someday Uncle will be fifty feet tall.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-21 08:59 , Processed in 0.267816 second(s), 21 queries .