立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 80|回复: 0

[口译初级] 初级口语教程:三个愿望ThreeWishes(2)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-16 09:59:03 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  Question on Text B   Read the following passage once. Underline the key words while reading and retell the story to your partner.
& v3 [6 `3 \. K5 a1 |/ G- N( G& a! `0 W; U' I
  Now I know why birds sit on telephone lines. They listen.   K0 |6 {3 X  r  k4 m' T
   I am either nine or ten years old. At the orphanage they call me Miguel.    When I want to feel improtant, I say, "Call me Don Miguel. " I used to act important all the time because 1 felt I wasn't.
3 L8 I! S' I. l  i8 S, K0 f) b* r4 T  }
   Back then, no one liked me very much because I didn't like other peo
- e- Y! ^% B, e1 V   But last year, I began to learn two important things: I was learning to see, not just look. And I was learning to listen, not just hear.
5 x' @# ^1 {8 V8 p0 P) v! U   I used to lie in the dark and make up relatives that I didn't have. My favorite relative was a nice old man who spoke Spanish, like me.
8 ?/ D- z& `+ r3 h  z5 m# h- F   One day a man came to see me. He said he was my uncle. "I don't have an uncle," I said.
" S1 n- ]/ R, V) @   "Now you do , " he said. 0 U3 D3 s' L3 S6 Q2 |
   He was an old man who liked children. He had a boy once who went to Korea. His daughter moved to the City. He said the City can be a difficult place in which to live. He taught me how to see and listen. I don't know if he is my uncle or not; neither did he, but he came to see me often. I guess if you act like an uncle all the time, you are one.
6 [4 u& Y- Z& B2 O. p   I was not a good student before my uncle came along. He took me walking in the fields. At one point he spread his arms and said. "It is all here. "
& F) }/ J- R9 T: Z4 ~" I0 r   "What?" I said.    "Everything you need to know," he replied. 8 ~0 u1 p  u9 Y- E
5 M3 R; d/ a5 [' i5 c) f$ }
   At first it appeared to be nothing more than just a few trees. I thought I was nowhere. Then he had me close n-.y eyes. First I heard the breeze in the grass, then in the trees. I also heard a faraway train and a barking dog. For a while I heard nothing. I was almost scared. He said to listen harder.
3 m) P, i' ^& I/ `2 s- @   I heard my heart beat.
4 D; Q' H, I5 {: k   beause I used to be so sad, I had almost forgotten that I had a heart.
3 \5 H* ?6 b9 N; v   Once I asked him who he was. 9 h4 ]0 F- O3 n4 z* {& O
   "An experiment , " he said.
1 |  X; u; x- n* I/ @   "What kind of an experiment?" I said.    He grinned and said, "Nobody knows. Like you, there is no one in the world like me. So who is to say what I will be. "
( C. s" ~1 A6 h+ u9 P6 \+ d4 Q9 S
   One day in the field he showed me the way the breeze made the trees move. The rustling of the leaves made a sound that frightened a nearby bird. It flew away. 9 u$ x- b, k. Q4 x; n" R3 P
   We watched the bird drop an acorn.    "The bird , " he said , "cari make a seed move. From that seed the oak can grow fifty feet tall. It will be a friend to those who want one. " 9 @, N& Q& D6 a: [/ r0 h8 Z4 T! P/ ~

, ^/ R, I8 K( k  D   I always knew that trees were there, but I never knew they were real like me. ) O2 q  C4 D6 i* {; I, ^! W8 H3 X
   One Sunday I was angry. When my uncle came , I said : "I don't have anything. I wish I had something. "
& |$ r; t. R' }$ X. O8 S$ y   "You have everything worth having," he said. "And I will give you even more. I will give some secrets of the Universe. Do you believe me?"    "Yes," I said, wanting to believe him.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-1 09:12 , Processed in 0.175841 second(s), 21 queries .